Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPOY award

SPOY Award

Currently I am trying to come up with a website, or another way for me to host this event through a website If you can help, contact me, Mori.

This is simply an idea I have had as a Yearly award. (Subspace Player of the Year award). This is a test to player’s individual skills in every single zone that signs up.

There are two parts to this tournament/season, a dueling part, 1 on 1 vs. other people that has also signed up for 2 points and a W (win). The second part is 1 on 1 vs. an “leet” member of that zones community, or deemed so by the zone staff, worth 3 points. (0 for L (loss))The duels generally being first to 10.

This is going to require a lot of effort on my part, and anyone helping, but not too much on zone staff. I would prefer each zone to have at least 2 staff members assigned to my “SPOY” staff team. This will help me, considering this will probably be a massive league. Also I will probably be recruiting my own “SPOY staff team” to help.

Each week there will be scheduling between the two people who have been deemed to play each other on the official SPOY forums. After the match has been scheduled the players will meet in the zone of the week, (each week a different zone will be played in) the players will duel. Following the duel the players will duel one of the “zone elites” to try to gain more points.

At the end of the regular season the top 8, 16, or 32 players depending on how many enter will go into the playoffs. I have debated on how to do this, but I was thinking of the playoffs to go a few ways, each player picks days/times they play on the forums of course and then, they also pick 1 zone each they do not want to play in. Then they go and duel in the zones they did not select. The other way was simply playing in all of them, and dueling, the third way would simply be “drawing from a hat” this I came up with as a time situation, but since most people would be like “this isn’t fair it is my weakest zone” or whatever, it would probably get thrown out.

A more formal Outline will be presented when the time gets here, I am simply posting a rough outline to see any PRO-CONS and to see if there is enough interest.

--Mori

We got something named TWEL that is automated already.
    DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
    Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
    Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
    -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RATTY...
      We got something named TWEL that is automated already.
      GJ grasping a concept.
      afksry

Comment

I would like to sign up!
        help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

I think yearly is a bad model, people come and go. perhaps bi-yearly?
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Are you trying to restart the Subspace Olympics. It's almost the same.
            No offence, but the SS Olympics were a big failure.

Comment

Its a great idea, but it will most likely fail. I'll help in anyway I can if you need any help. I would be interested in participating, I play lots of other zones. Any ideas for publicity?

Comment

this is just a horrible idea. Bye
                TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                TWLJ Season 9 CHampion: Syndicate

Goddess> i haven't had sex in over 5 years now because i'm waiting for someone who's worth marrying ... which will most likely never happen so i figure ima be a nun without catholism

Colonel> rofl.. goddess hasn't had sex in 5 years because thats how long its been since someone has actually been able to find her cooch

Comment

megaman89 wins it

Comment

Hasta!!
                    USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

I dedicate myself for the SubSpace Event Player of The Year title. thank you.
                      <insert some random logs here>

Comment

meeeeoww mew meow meeeow mew meow!
                        Last edited by FozzY2K; 01-07-2013, 06:46 PM.
                        Mmmmrrrrrow meow meeeeowww mew meow. ~swishes tails~ =^.^=

Comment

scuggs for the win
                          Originally posted by turmio
                          jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                          Originally posted by grand
                          I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

can there be awards for inactive players too? i dont want to taint my computer with windows atm, so i'm limiting myself to the forums.

Comment

Working...
                            X