TW Advertising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TW Advertising

I can definitely step up in regards to the marketing department, as I'm actively involved in the marketing and promotion of my restaurant. The fact that I have a roommate who takes care of flyer design and distribution for his fraternity seems like it would be a plus also.

One immediate change I can think of off the top of my head is a new slogan- the one "meet people from all over the world...then kill them!", while cute, doesn't really set our beloved game apart from any other internet game out there. We need something more relevant and, well, fresh.

If anyone's honestly interested in talking ideas with me, you can reach me on AIM ilduce718 or email: fascism AT gmail.com Also, if anyone's already started on a similar project, I ask that you send me a rough outline of any projected plans or needs that you've come up with.

Moreover, instead of just lurking (hi there!), feel free to respond to this thread (or PM me) with some of the websites and/or forums that you visit the most. This will allow me to get a taste of some of our players' internet habits and such, and will give me some feedback as to what type of campaign I would (potentially) need to launch in terms of resources and such. As the saying goes, there's no use showing up to a gunfight with a knife.

Thanks!
    Last edited by iLDuce; 08-31-2006, 03:58 AM.
    :confused: Are human fat?

Marketing is much more than a new slogan, a new logo, etc.

Marketing is about using tools to understand exactly where the game stands now and then use approaches or methods THAT CAN BE MEASURED to understand there impact.

This is because many, many variables other than marketing can impact the perceived popularity of the game. For example, lets say that over the next few months there is a substantial drop in the number of people playing at the same time a new marketing effort is made. Are they related? Maybe the marketing was successful and if it had not taken place, the drop in players would have been much larger. But how can anyone say? If a store puts a 10% Sale ad in a newspaper and sales go up that weekend, was it the ad or the fact that it is just 'back to school' time?

An example of marketing metrics is when you see survey questions like "Where did you hear about us from? A.) Friend B.) Web site C.) Search Engine" or "bring this coupon in for a 10% discount". When the store receives 150 coupons back, they now know exactly how big an impact the ad had. This is Marketing 101 stuff.

Comment

Although marketing is as you say Eph, at the same time a little underground marketing could really help also, I mean if even if ilduce is just going to hand out flyers at his campus that is still a fairly large amount of people who will be seeing the game, especially for poor college folk looking for a free online game to play with some buds, not to mention this would be drawing a GOOD crowd of people since they have graduated high school already.

One thing that I really want to do, but don't have the means to (but I believe Dameon Angell does) is see if we can't get some kind of blurb on the G3 (gaming) channel since we have been around for a very long time.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Sorry, I did not mean to imply it could not help but note that key word is 'could'.
        I am not sure about other folks, but I would find it frustrating to put work/effort into something and never really be able to know if it is really helping or not.

Comment

Personally, I think that a blurb on something like G4TV (G3 where you're at?) would be a very realistic goal. Dameon, get in touch with me if you're reading this. On a related note, I wonder if a certain camera-man I know for Attack of the Show could have any pull with something of this nature. I'll be on it :-p

To address your concerns Eph, of course marketing is only a small piece of the puzzle- anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of the way advertising works can understand that. College (or any shchool) campus advertising, while integral, would also make up only a fraction of the campaign.

Anyways, people, get in touch with me- I've gotten a few responses so far (via email) regarding possible new slogans and websites you frequent. Remember, something like this can't work without help from you guys.
          :confused: Are human fat?

Comment

Perhaps you would like to join the marketing team,

http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26502

No need to start this all on your own when its already started by a group of players.
            Only the loyal count.

Comment

wasnt this the first (insert category of online game) ever? it was the first something im fairly sure. so maybe using that to perhaps get in some kind of gamer magazine or tv show or whatever could work. find whoever is the most visually presentable upper staff to do an interview if its on tv.
              5:gen> man
              5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Continuum is the "aftermarket" decendant of subspace. subspace was a commercialized version of a game called sniper. sniper was the 1st online gaming platform to test the lag times of dial up modems in an online community environment. there fore, u could argue that continuum is the original format of online play in real time.
                Kawrae> Can we get Sweet banned from these forums?
                Stabwound> This would actually be technically possible. Will it happen? No.
                Ephemeral> Should it happen? No.

5:MiKE_HAWK> I TALK WITH CAPS ON
                5:MiKE_HAWK> BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A BIG MAN
                5:MiKE_HAWK> IT MAKES UP FOR MY SMALL PENIS

4:Lizard Fue> FACE DOWN, A$$ UP, THATS THE WAY DADS LIKES TO FUK

Sparffles> Cannot attach to self: Story of my life

Comment

Working...
                X