Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jason's going to host for you, and he's going to be a slave about it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Jason looks fantastic :wub:
    some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
    1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
    1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

START

SENDING

IN

YOUR

SUGGESTIONS

AND

REQUESTS

otherwise i can't host anything for you!
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
        Having scheduled events does not preclude having requested events.

It would take effort to develop the schedule and some disipline/commitment from the staff to keep to the schedule. Is this the problem?

Becoming more organized by hosting popular events on a loose schedule in no way means 'staff dictates what is hosted'. Staff would be offering a way for players to understand that the events they are interested are being hosted at certain times. Ideally, the schedule would include the same event on different days and during different times so most players could find the best time for themselves. And ad hoc hosting could always be supported.

The point of a scheduled events methodology is:
        - run events in a way that prevents over-hosting and under-hosting
        - stop the event chaos that has occured in the past
        - allow staff to understand when they are 'on call' to host events so they can plan their off-line lives
        - spread out the events so players from different time zones can play them
        I think another player told me best "The more restrictions you decide to put on someones job the less fun they will have with it". I'm not saying ERs should just be completely left alone to do whatever they want, but at least for me, the enjoyment I get out of hosting is having fun with people and being creative. That being said, I am against any sort of "schedule" you want for Refs. We aren't bots that you tell what to do, when to do, and how you want it done. If you feel there is a problem with someone overhosting something and it is adversely affecting the zone (much of the complaints like this are blown entirely out of proportion), then ask a higher-up to mention it to that person and action can be taken with them from there. Putting people on a timetable like that is completely ridiculous in my opinion.
        help: (qg) (javs): i think my isp is stealing internet from me.

What's the difference between chopping an onion and chopping a baby? I cry when I chop onions. Type ?go Jav -Chao <ER>
        MegamanEXE> Chao
        MegamanEXE> I came from watching Hockey to say this
        (Sefarius)> ....
        (Hate The Fake)> LOL
        MegamanEXE> You are sick
        MegamanEXE> Good day

Comment

Host javufc (spawnfest), its hardly hosted and the person the hosts 99% of the time is Evasive <ER> and hes gone.
          I'll msg you right when I get on
          1:Ease> i probably am gay
          1:Ease> i just haven't realized it yet

Comment

Since the messagebot isnt online, I would like to request:

Machine (works better as a 4:1 ratio instead of 5:1, and around 10 min instead of 15)

Comment

I'd like to see Terrs turretwars, to my knowledge this has only ever been hosted once by Burzum and it was in turretwarz instead of turretwar2, the z arena has wormholes in it so it was kind of odd. Other than that, I think all terrs is neat because they have the biggest number of level1 bullets per shot, making for some intense bullet spreads though it probably gives the two driving terrs heart attacks, but I'm willing to make this sacrifice for as huge of bullet fields I can ever possibly hope to witness in this game. Technically levs are also capable or doing this level of bulleting and javs to a less of a degree (1 less bullet and slower refire rate than terr) but the problem with these two ships is any standard kid playing in one only uses bombs, which turn the event into tkcentral, which I do not find to have a very alluring fun value at all. This is why terrs is rather unique to posess large intricate waves, every other ship's bullets besides cloaker (and the refire is quite long on the x) are all very fast and pretty much gone the second you shoot them so they're more constant spraying rather than entire zones of dangerous pixels. Perhaps doing this would super would be enjoyable as well, as those bullets cost a lot of energy and terrs don't have fantastic recharge, and super could probably even make cloaker turrets more interesting. But of course all is up to your preference.
              sage

Comment

?go monolith

with hunt

and enigma

while basing

with levs

with perma-engine shutdown

and thors
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

i've got a little bit of a list put together

this shindig is going down tomorrow (9/28/06)

i'm not exactly sure when

i might do one run of it late afternoon (whenever i wake up from my hangover)

and then i'll do another run in the evening (let's say maybe starting about 8pm est)

both times will be at least a 3 hour hosting block, might end up going for 4.

anyway, it's time to go pound some vodka tonics. already called off work tomorrow. so i'm ready to rock-n-roll. sippy and tippy time!
                  Last edited by Jason; 09-27-2006, 11:20 PM.
                  jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

tw needs an arena like ?go sex in T3 the gauntlet, check it out, steal it USE IT!

Comment

i'll be sure to have a look see
                      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

my apologies to everyone

i will be unable to carry out my hosting shindig this evening, and i'm also sorry i missed the afternoon session

my mother had a panic attack this morning and ended up in the emergency room. i've been dealing with it all day, and now i'm just too tired to go through with a whole bunch of hosting.

you have my word, i definitely will still be doing this. it will just have to be at a later date.

sincerely,

~j
                        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X