• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWD Squads

Are dropping like flies!!!

Cabral, Atheist, Rage, Fear, Attack, Divine, and I'm sure there's more

Edit: Egyptian too?

I thought 3 or 4 of these were fillers for TWL for sure. Maybe not.
    Last edited by Mayo Inc.; 01-26-2003, 04:03 PM.
    Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

agreed

it seems the only squad thats getting better is Shriek and Betray

someone will obviously be making a new squad soon to pickup all the squadless people... so dont worry too much Mayo Inc.

Comment

wtfz is dissolving soon
      I have stopped swimming in the rock pools a few days ago. Now instead of 40 minutes swimming, I substitute it with 40 minutes power walk - usually on the beaches or around the cliffs. Nothing beats burning the fat in the cold wind. Colon minus pee.

Comment

NOOOOOO

WTFZ 4 LIFE WE R NEVA DIE
        jee O_o

Comment

DUDE WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN??!?!
          Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

fmm
            Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
            apt>yes u can wtf
            apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
            apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
            apt>so i dont miss the toilet
            Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
            apt>na
            apt>ill show you pictures
            apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

MAYO BABY I CANT PLAY SS ANYMO CAUSE MY COMP IS 2 POOR
              jee O_o

Comment

UoF and In(something) have been picking up lots of TWDD people. Others are floating to the better squads these days.

Comment

Betray = Vibrant
                  Ну вот...

Comment

What will happen:

1. TWL starts and some squads that don't make TWL dissolve.

2. During TWL even more squads that aren't doing hot will dissolve

3. New squads will form from the players who are disenchanted with their current squads. The chronic squadhoppers will ignore reason and join the hip new squads which seem really active.

3.5 If TWD runs concurrently, the new squads could take the top spots in TWD (if TWD runs concurrently), but may dissolve (to no one's surprise) when they realize that TWL has a rule which disallows place holder squads to enter the playoffs.

4. When playoffs start, one or two unstable squads (maybe Shriek) will have issues when/if they lose.

5. The period between this league and the next league will follow the normal trends. This means that all of the squads less than one year old will dissolve leaving only Paladen, Melee, Elusive, Cripples, Onix, Pallies, Sk8, and Disoblige, and possibly British Squad.

6. Regardless of the cycle, people will still join the new hip new squads and remain completely ignorant of the 95% possibility of the squad being forgotten in 6 months time.

It's an amazing cycle, and I don't mean to offend anyone but the people who help perpetuate this cycle. A lot of players will leave their squad at the first sign of trouble or inactivity, or one of their friends will be in a different squad and they feel some urgency to jump ship. The cycle tends to correlate with name trading. The people who have a new name every month are the people who are more likely to bring down a squad.

Perhaps the new basing squads will buck this trend, and give the hardcore basers something to hold over the dueler's heads and make basing seem even more like the only civilized way to play. I would be pleased if the new basing squads did stay together, and so far they seem to be faring better than some of the dueling squads.

Then again maybe when it becomes even more popular, basing will become just as uncivilized as some of the dueling has and we'll all get to watch the cycle repeat. It would get better when more of the player base graduates high school, of course there is always the constant countdown to oblivion in the back of everyone's head that says this game will eventually die off. Not many people know who actually pays for the bandwidth which we all play on, and most people complain about. I don't know who funds the servers, but I am willing to bet the money is not endless. Frankly it scares me to think one day I might open up Continuum and see nothing but red. Then I would log onto the forums and panic when there is only one thread worth reading: "SubSpace is Dead." I am sure other people feel the same way, but if SubSpace does't die for another few years, I expect the cycle to calm down quite a bit.

Thankfully though, with a little logical reasoning we can avoid the ridiculous cycle by joining a squad which has proven to be stable, and we can urge our squadleaders not to recruit squadhoppers or people with endless complaints or big egos.

That's just how I feel though, maybe there is no cycle
                    I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

I kinda do agree with Webbb, but, I think there's bound to be 1 or 2 squads that stay eventually, besides, every squad dies sooner or later and there needs to be squads that stay.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Onix and Melee start 2001, well after Paladen and some other squads? (mind you've I only started in 2001 so I'm just going by with what I've been told). I think eventually there will be couple of squads out of this that will survive, even though it happens rarely.

Comment

Originally posted by Webbb Llama v1.5
                        What will happen:

1. TWL starts and some squads that don't make TWL dissolve.

2. During TWL even more squads that aren't doing hot will dissolve

3. New squads will form from the players who are disenchanted with their current squads. The chronic squadhoppers will ignore reason and join the hip new squads which seem really active.

3.5 If TWD runs concurrently, the new squads could take the top spots in TWD (if TWD runs concurrently), but may dissolve (to no one's surprise) when they realize that TWL has a rule which disallows place holder squads to enter the playoffs.

4. When playoffs start, one or two unstable squads (maybe Shriek) will have issues when/if they lose.

5. The period between this league and the next league will follow the normal trends. This means that all of the squads less than one year old will dissolve leaving only Paladen, Melee, Elusive, Cripples, Onix, Pallies, Sk8, and Disoblige, and possibly British Squad.

6. Regardless of the cycle, people will still join the new hip new squads and remain completely ignorant of the 95% possibility of the squad being forgotten in 6 months time.

It's an amazing cycle, and I don't mean to offend anyone but the people who help perpetuate this cycle. A lot of players will leave their squad at the first sign of trouble or inactivity, or one of their friends will be in a different squad and they feel some urgency to jump ship. The cycle tends to correlate with name trading. The people who have a new name every month are the people who are more likely to bring down a squad.

Perhaps the new basing squads will buck this trend, and give the hardcore basers something to hold over the dueler's heads and make basing seem even more like the only civilized way to play. I would be pleased if the new basing squads did stay together, and so far they seem to be faring better than some of the dueling squads.

Then again maybe when it becomes even more popular, basing will become just as uncivilized as some of the dueling has and we'll all get to watch the cycle repeat. It would get better when more of the player base graduates high school, of course there is always the constant countdown to oblivion in the back of everyone's head that says this game will eventually die off. Not many people know who actually pays for the bandwidth which we all play on, and most people complain about. I don't know who funds the servers, but I am willing to bet the money is not endless. Frankly it scares me to think one day I might open up Continuum and see nothing but red. Then I would log onto the forums and panic when there is only one thread worth reading: "SubSpace is Dead." I am sure other people feel the same way, but if SubSpace does't die for another few years, I expect the cycle to calm down quite a bit.

Thankfully though, with a little logical reasoning we can avoid the ridiculous cycle by joining a squad which has proven to be stable, and we can urge our squadleaders not to recruit squadhoppers or people with endless complaints or big egos.

That's just how I feel though, maybe there is no cycle
                        Amazing.
                        "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

WEBB STOP FORGETING A-S! :P
                          "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                          • Shark
                          • Dicer
                          • Sager
                          • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

Originally posted by Mootland Farmer
                            WEBB STOP FORGETING A-S! :P
                            Sorry I was focusing more on the dueling side
                            I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Can I join Del's new squad?!
                              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Working...
                              X