Server Lockup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Lockup

From what I'm hearing from my dad, all around the world a worm (that started in South Korea) has been working its way through the internet to infect servers and cause them to malfunction. While not damaging PC's at all, the servers that the worm infects apparently fragment, sending data all over the place, crashing the system. The most prevalent disaster from this thus far is the Automatic Teller Machines of the Bank of America. Does anyone else know anything about this?

EDIT: I'm also not sure whether or not it has affected the iNet servers in Finland (where the Trench Wars server is).
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Yeah i think that Mythrandir said somthing about a worm he gave me a link but.. i lost it now so ask him.
    Sorry if thats not much help

Comment

it attacked all the servers around the world running mySQL servers

it attacked ports and then within minutes spread to other servers

it doesnt hit the individual, just the servers, so it caused massive connection issues all day saturday

microsoft and symantec came out with a patch fix pretty quick and resolved it though fast
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Sophos had it covered from june 2002.

-RR

Comment

http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/mssqlm.shtml
          Underpants gives us great advices:

Underground> Dont die
          Underground> And you win!

Comment

Working...
          X