No announcement yet.

1st Proposed Public Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sumpson: Please read the thread before you answer. This isn't about a new Bot. This is about changing the Leviathan so it lessens its effect on basing, and perhaps even be a basing ship, with the correct settings. And I highly doubt you login to play TrenchWars to play Weasel/Leviathan/Lancaster, which seem like the ships most player would like to see changed.

Pollux: The changes aren't final. Right now we're seeing how they go (testing).

JimboJimmy: There was basing before Pure Publics. Pure Publics made basing more intense and consistant, but also crapped on the lower arenas. In my opinion, with the state and activity of twbd/TWLB, I would be thinking of ideas to get interest from other players. Trying to get ALL Public arenas basing, would help promote basing within the zone, and the competition.
    "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
    • Shark
    • Dicer
    • Sager
    • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

People complain about everything...
      I personally would like to see no change made...

but if there was, it would be

attach bty limit 10 or lower
      2 lv4 bullets in front, 2 in back
      turning speed increased
      forward speed increased
      2 reps, no ports, 1 rocket.
      shrapnel capability

I guess thats in order of importance.
      ALL OR NOTHING!
      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

plus, pure pub sucks

there should be testing of these things,
        and a voting bot like in baseelim, elim, etc
        EASY TO DO
        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
        SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Not having played them yet.....

It sounds like the levi (idtk about damage yet) has reverted to what it used to be; this should promote LTing. Settings reguarding Levis are fine from a LTs perspective right now: (i.e), not having to grn a warp, so i dont see a need to change them. I think its a mistake including them in a pure basing situation however, because basing (pure and timed) seems to work so well at the moment in Pubs. In game atm, there is a nice pubbing balance, and Id hate to see it get out of control, therre is a good balance right now. I do not believe that taking means to integrate Levi into a pure pub situation is mandatory; I strongly believe that if you want to make a change to the working formula you have right now, you should at LEAST make it a gradual change.

--funcle
          F_You

Comment

Pure pubs were a temporary solution. Yes, they've gotten a positive reaction by those who play them, but at the expense of the overall quality of the other pubs. In the long run, it will harm the zone. Something has to be done to improve the overall quality across all pub arenas. There's no balance in the regular pubs, but rather Levis have been getting an easy ride in pubs for years now. Most of the objections to change are from those who are happy with the status quo, but the truth is that the status quo is slanted against basing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mootland Farmer View Post
              Sumpson: Please read the thread before you answer. This isn't about a new Bot. This is about changing the Leviathan so it lessens its effect on basing, and perhaps even be a basing ship, with the correct settings. And I highly doubt you login to play TrenchWars to play Weasel/Leviathan/Lancaster, which seem like the ships most player would like to see changed.
              I wonder why its not about the pub bot, I wonder where the new pub bot is, this is the only change the pub needs I think, plus it was agreed on.
              Anyway, changing settings is wrong, its what everyone is used to. if you want to have the levi back into basing, allow 1 per freq with this bot. This is I believe the only way to combine basing and levi's.
              How to define which levi?
              Have the highest ranked player being able to pick one (makes people want high scores, those with most points know what they're doing), he will be able to choose a player on his team to levi, if the player !agrees then he will be set to levi.
              I remember in SWZ when there were 30 players playing, each freq would have a capital ship which was chosen by the player with most points, this worked great.

Originally posted by Mootland Farmer View Post
              I would be thinking of ideas to get interest from other players. Trying to get ALL Public arenas basing, would help promote basing within the zone, and the competition.
              so whats up with the new bot again?
              Only the loyal count.

Comment

OMFG NOOOO y make a lame ship even lamer?????? if nething make it a bit faster at turning or something but y increase the blast radius theres gon be more tks than ever and 30 noobs trying to lt at all times.... Basically if u make lev even lamer than it already is u wont be able to use any other ship in a pub so i think its pretty gay u guys even propose something like that
                I have a tattoo on my penis that says Ecks steakhouse however when i am erect it reads: Ecks's Steakhouse 735 McWhorter St. Chattanooga Tennesee 45324

Comment

Read it again. The levi's blast radius won't be bigger than it is right now; it'll be slightly bigger than what the JAV's blast radius is.

Comment

And why to have 3 reps when people shoot thru it. >.<
                    2:Galaxy Turbo> Jab?
                    2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> what...
                    2:Galaxy Turbo> Who would be your dream woman?
                    2:Unliked <ER>> i bet kim
                    2:Galaxy Turbo> Lol...
                    2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> afk
                    --
                    1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> <-- Life
                    1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> GG

Comment

i dont see how this will save me from being tked, also i gave it a try and reached 150 bty on the first try, unattached in base before i got cloaked trough a hole...

Comment

I dont think you can get both. a real basing ship as well as allow it to still be effective as a turret on terrier. I jsut dont see that being possible.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffz View Post
                          i dont see how this will save me from being tked, also i gave it a try and reached 150 bty on the first try, unattached in base before i got cloaked trough a hole...
                          edit: its a good change tho. not because it will get a basing ship but because that levi is freaking overpowered.
                          also, no1 needs 8 basing ships, there is a quality basing ship, its the spider and barely anyone is using it. we want fun ships and unique ships. its silly that the cloaker is more powererfull when uncloaked and the lanc is just a spider with yellow bullets. its nice for lb i guess, but for pub? no. pub is to have easy fun.

the shrap levi was cool

real edit: wrong button, huch!

Comment

Even if blast radius is smaller the Pure Pub is the only place i go to pub and so do soooo many other so y remove it????? if u do remove it i think that wb's should be able to ?buy anti as well as terrs
                            I have a tattoo on my penis that says Ecks steakhouse however when i am erect it reads: Ecks's Steakhouse 735 McWhorter St. Chattanooga Tennesee 45324

Comment

Let's get this straight first before it gets any farther: there was no plan to make all 8 ships useful for basing. That is a pipe dream that would require re-modelling all 8 ships, not just tweaking one or two, and it isn't something that is being pursued. What this proposal does is reduce make levis less annoying for basing. I know a lot of people out there want something more extreme like removing levis all-together (like in pure pubs) and others want to change nothing about levis (and some others who think levis should be made even stronger). This proposal is a compromise. Levis can still cause a lot of damage, but instead of having to hit the broad side of a barn to do it, they have to use a little more aim. I don't see this change as being much of a difference for the better levi pilots out there, but it will affect the less skilled levi pilots who are used to aiming for any part of a wall. In the past, both levis would have caused pretty much the same amount of damage. This change should force pilots to use a bit more skill.

Something else that needs a bit of clarification: the Pub Committee doesn't have final say on whether its suggestions get made. Instead, it discusses possible changes, and the ones it votes for get proposed to the public here. Note the title of this thread: this is a PROPOSED change. The purpose of this thread is to introduce the idea for public discussion. Someone said that there should be a testing phase before these changes are made, well guess what: this thread is part of the testing phase. The final decision will be made by someone higher up in staff, and the discussion here will be a factor in that decision.

Comment

will we get a map change too?

Comment

Working...
                                X