No announcement yet.

Awsome Idea to Spread the word of SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and uh younger ppl wouldnt be as attracted to ss. cuz like wow and runescape and all the other stuff thats hot. theyll probably try it once and when they r in pub base and get levi bombed repetedly they would quit
    http://www.myspace.com/saipansfloridaguy <----check it out. im the pimp of ss

Comment

To be honest I don't think even a world wide TV-commersial would give significant results at all.

Changing the events, player attitude, settings whatever won't fix this.

Graphics isn't everything, but there has to be something to lure players in with. Having a good community isn't enough, you can join a forum to get a good community.

Something along the lines of that april prank is probably the only thing that can save us, a large company that completly overhauls the entire game and puts on a large promo engine.

I see this myself when I try to promote the game to my friends.. They just go "wtf is this shit" the second they log in the game.
      Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by royCE View Post
        so i see our population is dieing right? well im sitting in class right now when this brillian idea hit me.

what do you guys say to a TV promotion????

yea, im thinking i invade MTV and instead of a shout out to my mom, i make a shout out to SS, and its website! yeah son
        not sure if that'd get any subspace players, but it would be funny as hell.

-calm

Comment

Well, it'll be good, but most of the people will probably come, play pub, then leave. I can see the slogan now.

"Trench Wars! It's a combination of fun, strategy, and you getting your shit ruined by people you don't know!"
          TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
          TelCat> hoes get paid :(
          TelCat> i dont

Comment

It's true a ton of new players will prolly get upset at teh bad treatment/trash talk. Lets combat this by giving them a chance, if they ask a newb question-- tell em the answer I see a ton of new players ask in pub chat how to use cloak or how to repel and they are told ESC+Q come on guys lets perpetuate this game! New players are life blood.
            sigpic

Comment

Saying use "a TV promotion" is not a brilliant idea, providing an idea that shows us how to pay for it is.

Comment

Originally posted by royCE View Post
                so i see our population is dieing right? well im sitting in class right now when this brillian idea hit me.

what do you guys say to a TV promotion????

yea, im thinking i invade MTV and instead of a shout out to my mom, i make a shout out to SS, and its website! yeah son

Not possible. This game will die soon.

Comment

The game isn't going to just die. The numbers may dwindle down but it's not going to just outright die. Some of the smaller servers may die, but that will just bring more people to the big ones (TW, EG etc).
                  sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
                    The game isn't going to just die. The numbers may dwindle down but it's not going to just outright die. Some of the smaller servers may die, but that will just bring more people to the big ones (TW, EG etc).
                    DEAD. Get back to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                      Saying use "a TV promotion" is not a brilliant idea, providing an idea that shows us how to pay for it is.
                      He didn't mean ads. He meant like calling a request/dedication show of some sort, claim to say you were dedicating it to your girlfriend and then be like "TRENCHWARS.ORG DOUCHEBAGS!!!!!!!" real quick before they disconnect you. Not sure it would work but as calm said, it would be hilarious.
                      5:gen> man
                      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Someone goto the Today show and hold up a sign with the web URL.
                        DELETED

Comment

Working...
                        X