Concerns regarding the testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerns regarding the testing

Ok. We are just past the halfway mark of testing the new Leviathan settings. Testing closes Sunday. There have been some mixed results, some good some bad. Lets look at each;

So far, complaints seem to be that Leviathans destroy basing no matter what. Even when the Leviathan has been toned down a bit, players are still stubborn about the fact that Leviathans kill basing.

The good news is that while speccing various Publics, I've seen players use a tool to take over base. I've seen one team protect a Leviathan to capture a base, I've seen a flagroom fight for two minutes which involved a Leviathan on either team. Hard to imagine isn't it. I've seen a team work together to eliminate the threat of LeviTerrs and Leviathans. But yet, I see alot of people in spectator mode refusing to give the new settings a try, and when the simple fact is, they can still base if they want to.

My next point. Alot of the complaints included the 'give us our Pure Public' back. I can understand that being used to something, then it being taken away is hard to deal with, but if the Pure Publics aren't removed, this zone will become smaller alot faster, especially in competition. As the zone gets smaller there will be less and less people in Publics, as well as Pure Publics, this will lessen the competition. Trench Wars will eventually have no one to sustain game play in either arena, and both Basers and LeviTerrs will not happy.

It would make sense to try to widen basing to all arenas, instead of a couple. However, this cannot do be done by removing a ship entirely, since it won't happen, nor will it be done if there aren't some changes to certain ships in Trench Wars. Bring certain ships back into align of what they're supposed to be is only the first step here to bring basing into all arenas.

This is my opinion, but as I have stated, you guys make the changes. I am simply the director.
    "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
    • Shark
    • Dicer
    • Sager
    • Trench Wars Map Uploader

wow i must have missed something if this is an issue now days
    Call me Hadoken cus' Im down right FIERCE

Comment

Originally posted by Mootland Farmer View Post
      Ok. We are just past the halfway mark of testing the new Leviathan settings. Testing closes Sunday. There have been some mixed results, some good some bad. Lets look at each;

So far, complaints seem to be that Leviathans destroy basing no matter what. Even when the Leviathan has been toned down a bit, players are still stubborn about the fact that Leviathans kill basing.

The good news is that while speccing various Publics, I've seen players use a tool to take over base. I've seen one team protect a Leviathan to capture a base, I've seen a flagroom fight for two minutes which involved a Leviathan on either team. Hard to imagine isn't it. I've seen a team work together to eliminate the threat of LeviTerrs and Leviathans. But yet, I see alot of people in spectator mode refusing to give the new settings a try, and when the simple fact is, they can still base if they want to.

My next point. Alot of the complaints included the 'give us our Pure Public' back. I can understand that being used to something, then it being taken away is hard to deal with, but if the Pure Publics aren't removed, this zone will become smaller alot faster, especially in competition. As the zone gets smaller there will be less and less people in Publics, as well as Pure Publics, this will lessen the competition. Trench Wars will eventually have no one to sustain game play in either arena, and both Basers and LeviTerrs will not happy.

It would make sense to try to widen basing to all arenas, instead of a couple. However, this cannot do be done by removing a ship entirely, since it won't happen, nor will it be done if there aren't some changes to certain ships in Trench Wars. Bring certain ships back into align of what they're supposed to be is only the first step here to bring basing into all arenas.

This is my opinion, but as I have stated, you guys make the changes. I am simply the director.
      Lev is not the problem; the new settings of the weasel are; if u change them back to the old old settings they can take out the levs. duh! idiots never anticipate before changing settings...afk

Comment

duh! is the argument that seals the debate

Comment

what about making the area outside the flagroom on top of base (i dont know exact coords and stuff) a no-entry for levis. make the levs get in base or stay far away for tougher aiming at fr. this only comes into effect outside and around the fr. is this possible? maybe even brining back a stronger lev, but make it alot tougher to get shots on fr from outside.

i dont base in pubs really... just a thought though. if this has already been mentioned nyehhhhh i didnt even try to look it up

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

i agree with mootland. i have seen alot of basing and very interesting basefights with levis in all pubs, instead of in only one where you get tked by javs constantly. i also agree with clichy here that the weasel is a hughe promblem when it comes to basing. not because they cannot take out the levs (they can do that now too), but because it is a way too strong solo ship. there is almost no chance to beat a trained weasel in a 1 vs. 1 fight if you use cloak and the boostshot. if 3 or 4 skilled cloaks rush base they wipe out the whole basing team in seconds. giving the javs the radar back helped alot against that but the ability to run into base from everywhere makes them way too strong. with the old settings it could not be used in this lame way and the one repel was great to surprisingly clear the way into base. the rocket was an excellent LT killer when cloaked. also it being stronger would not make them stay far away from every team action anymore.

btw thanks to you mootland for not being scared to have people against you, patiently answering questions and trying to see the whole thing. was time someone did that instead of only listening to one small group of people and ignoring all others.

Comment

Working...
            X