Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what we are feeling is the birth pangs of a new basing scene
    Reinstate Sarien
    ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

Nice try Voth, too bad it has nothing to do with my point.
      Only the loyal count.

Comment

new base > sumpson

Comment

lanc cram is the future.
          Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
          Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Just posing a thought here. What if, every TWL season we change the LD, LJ and LB maps. That way it's not just the best teams but the teams that get used to the new map the quickest. Also, you don't get stuck with the same map you don't like year after year. Accordingly, javduel, wbduel, base etc would change with the TWL maps, and woudl infact become the new TWL maps BEFORE the TWD reset and qualifying begins.

Anybody like that idea?
            The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
            All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname View Post
              Just posing a thought here. What if, every TWL season we change the LD, LJ and LB maps. That way it's not just the best teams but the teams that get used to the new map the quickest. Also, you don't get stuck with the same map you don't like year after year. Accordingly, javduel, wbduel, base etc would change with the TWL maps, and woudl infact become the new TWL maps BEFORE the TWD reset and qualifying begins.

Anybody like that idea?
              Personally, I like it. However, I think it would create a lot of this:

"You won TWLB season 10? Well that's because that mapped sucked and we won season 11 and that map was elite so we are better!"
              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
              TWLJ Champion Season 11
              TWLB All-Star Season 10
              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
                I played a few games on the map...

I don't like it. It's too disorganized and big. It just feels like a crappy hosted public basing game. There is no structure; people just screw off and do whatever they want. I guess it could get better after people got used to the map and developed strategies.
                well...
                the only good strategy i see for this map is lining, and we dont want to see 2 sharks that line both enterance and spiders who easly line behind the holes...

the two enternace idea is just bad.

the old map gave much more team play ability. small place force things to be more precise and timed.

new map might be welcome, but defently not this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname View Post

Anybody like that idea?
                  decent idea, concentrate more skill on how good you are at the ship rather than the map, but is there a problem with people not liking the current league maps? it seems to me if people didn't like the maps we were currently using, they wouldn't play in the leagues. accordingly, if we changed the maps, people would probably simply not play if they didn't like the map rather than learning to play a style they don't like to play. but i agree javduel, wbduel, and base should always coincide with the league maps.
                  Praise "Bob"

la música

Comment

Are you seriously suggesting that a large percentage of people who play in leagues do so just because of the map?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King View Post
                      Are you seriously suggesting that a large percentage of people who play in leagues do so just because of the map?
                      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                      TWLJ Champion Season 11
                      TWLB All-Star Season 10
                      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

pwned? ofcourse, I play league because I like the gameplay which comes with the map. I would probably quit if this changes.

bolt makes a good point
                        Only the loyal count.

Comment

I guess Bolt does make a good point: leagues would be better if the people who aren't able to adapt to a new situation get weeded out.

Comment

Have you ever played league?

I am able to adapt, but do I want to adapt?

no, I like the game, thats why I play the game, I would lose interest with a new map.

those who play league like the current map, don't think you want to weed them out.
                            Only the loyal count.

Comment

I really like the current map too, but why do you think that any new map is going to suck?

I think the best bet would be to take the current map and make minor modifications to it. Yes, I know it's been tested in the past.
                              sdg

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
                                I really like the current map too, but why do you think that any new map is going to suck?

I think the best bet would be to take the current map and make minor modifications to it. Yes, I know it's been tested in the past.

thats the question - evolution or revolution?
                                Plutarch: "To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult."

Comment

Working...
                                X