No announcement yet.

Twsbl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why I am proposing that we play in ?go autosb.

It's easier to host since it has safe zones and it doesn't confuse the vets! WIN-WIN MOTHER FUCKERS!

Comment

Don't ask the general public for their advice on league matters. (But by all means enquire whether they'd participate in the league).

Keep your consultants to a very select 5 or so people or else history will repeat itself (i.e. no-shows every week -> dead league). As to who these useful people are, they're probably people who have played in 2-3 of these leagues already.

Side note: Whoever in this thread who says they'll stick through with the league and show up most weeks are liars.

Comment

ive always liked strikeball, but I dont exactly like the 50 billion greens in the center of the arena, so much clutter its hard to focus, and reminds me of EG or something
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Strikeball failed due to lack of support from the TW staff. Holydude did everything and was pulled in too many directions.

The past league and everything wadi had done to the settings worked fine for me. I wouldn't change anything other than either getting a legitimate Bot for the arena or enough staff to support the actual matches scheduled to play.

I commend Holy for his work in the past league and after participating in every league that was attempted from the days of Speedball to now Strikeball, every league has failed in my opinion, due to lack of staff support and no other reason. Teams had always shown up for the most, until the last league...but that's because of a TW team that said they would participate and never showed on their part due to no communication.

Squads/Teams in SB have for the most part have been solely made up of players from all over TW and not from existing squads playing in TW leagues.

Again...fault has always been staff support, not the game itself.

Leave the settings alone...perhaps take away a few patented NOCKM shots though
          Last edited by 404 Not Found; 12-15-2006, 01:22 PM.
          May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

The league has fallen apart before for a number of reasons. Certainly the biggest problem has been a lack of hosts. At one point I remember when I was pretty much the only trained ref for SB games. There were only three and the other two never seemed to be around. If I was given back my powers in the arena and allowed to train four or five other hosts, we would be in much better shape. To create enough interest to sustain a league we need to have regularly hosted games in both strikeball arenas. Vets should allow new people to play as often as they can, and help them rather than yell at them. One of the few things Mike understood when he first created SB was that the better players needed to divide up into as many squads as possible rather than stacking together. I think a limit of 3 vets to a team is necessary. This is just a suggestion, when I first formed an SB squad my players were all new, but we ended up kicking ass because we played the most. There is a small nucleus of dedicated SB players and if we reach out to newcomers we may be able to sustain a growing community. I've scored probably tens of thousands of goals, so I'm perfectly willing to pass to any newb and let them try. It's amazing how quickly people learn to pass and score if you give them the ball. I know it can be frustrating too, but if you just give them simple advice and keep feeding them the ball they do get better. And that is what we want, as many skilled SB players as possible. More than anything we need to work together. I tried running the league on my own, it was impossible. If people are willing to step up and help we can actually have a functioning league.
            Sit down.
            Stand up.
            Walk into
            The jaws of hell.
            Anytime. Anytime.
            We can wipe you out

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
              Strikeball failed due to lack of support from the TW staff. Holydude did everything and was pulled in too many directions.

The past league and everything wadi had done to the settings worked fine for me. I wouldn't change anything other than either getting a legitimate Bot for the arena or enough staff to support the actual matches scheduled to play.

I commend Holy for his work in the past league and after participating in every league that was attempted from the days of Speedball to now Strikeball, every league has failed in my opinion, due to lack of staff support and no other reason. Teams had always shown up for the most, until the last league...but that's because of a TW team that said they would participate and never showed on their part due to no communication.

Squads/Teams in SB have for the most part have been solely made up of players from all over TW and not from existing squads playing in TW leagues.

Again...fault has always been staff support, not the game itself.

Leave the settings alone...perhaps take away a few patented NOCKM shots though
              Holybird*
              3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
              3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
              3:i.d.> da fk is that?
              3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
              3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
              3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
              3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
              3:Shadowmere> LOL
              3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
              Shadowmere> Rofl
              Up in ya !> With his feet
              Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
              Up in ya !> l44t feet
              Deft> l44t f44t*
              Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
              Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Lol yea, Holybird =P

Comment

Lol
                  1: cReEmY> jab get a life
                  1: Twerp> pwned
                  1: Duel Pasta> LOL
                  1: Duel Pasta> ROFL
                  1: Duel Pasta> Cant Breath
                  1: Duel Pasta> You got pwned by a jr.

-----

8: cReEmY> If the square root of 5 is 2.5 then what is the square root of 1??
                  8: JabJabJab> Uh... STOP IT!! Your hurting my head!

cOnTaCt mE <- Want to talk to me click there!

Comment

Originally posted by Trunks_rage View Post
                    The league has fallen apart before for a number of reasons. Certainly the biggest problem has been a lack of hosts. At one point I remember when I was pretty much the only trained ref for SB games. There were only three and the other two never seemed to be around. If I was given back my powers in the arena and allowed to train four or five other hosts, we would be in much better shape. To create enough interest to sustain a league we need to have regularly hosted games in both strikeball arenas. Vets should allow new people to play as often as they can, and help them rather than yell at them. One of the few things Mike understood when he first created SB was that the better players needed to divide up into as many squads as possible rather than stacking together. I think a limit of 3 vets to a team is necessary. This is just a suggestion, when I first formed an SB squad my players were all new, but we ended up kicking ass because we played the most. There is a small nucleus of dedicated SB players and if we reach out to newcomers we may be able to sustain a growing community. I've scored probably tens of thousands of goals, so I'm perfectly willing to pass to any newb and let them try. It's amazing how quickly people learn to pass and score if you give them the ball. I know it can be frustrating too, but if you just give them simple advice and keep feeding them the ball they do get better. And that is what we want, as many skilled SB players as possible. More than anything we need to work together. I tried running the league on my own, it was impossible. If people are willing to step up and help we can actually have a functioning league.
                    You speak truth which I preach as well :P I know it is crucial for this SB league to work that the vets spread apart and make their own team. Metanoia for example which is recreating itself is trying to claim many vets to their squad, which will obviously stack them. We can't tell people where to go and which squad to join, as it is their perfect right, but all veteran players acknowledge, for the good of the league and its success, you cannot try to form god-like teams for this league, atleast not in its opening season. Otherwise what fun is it to lose 10-0 or 32-4 (pending on scoring system or timed system). As well, I encourage when Strikeball gets hosted, don't pick the regular SB players first, talk to the opposing captain and give new people a hand at the game. This will do wonders in recruiting people for the game and league. Just a few thoughts :P
                    May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

Comment

what about a draft?
                      Originally posted by turmio
                      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                      Originally posted by grand
                      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Since you had to mention names, i just have to say this.
                        Metanoia currently has 7 members, and we have decided to stop recruiting until other squads are somewhat formed. I fail to see how this squad is stacked, especially not knowing where ikb is gonna go and me having less than 50% chance of playing. avatar_hero could very well potentially not play for us either. that leaves 4 player so far. I don't think this is gonna destroy the league in any way. there are plenty of good players out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueblaze View Post
                          You speak truth which I preach as well :P I know it is crucial for this SB league to work that the vets spread apart and make their own team. Metanoia for example which is recreating itself is trying to claim many vets to their squad, which will obviously stack them. We can't tell people where to go and which squad to join, as it is their perfect right, but all veteran players acknowledge, for the good of the league and its success, you cannot try to form god-like teams for this league, atleast not in its opening season. Otherwise what fun is it to lose 10-0 or 32-4 (pending on scoring system or timed system). As well, I encourage when Strikeball gets hosted, don't pick the regular SB players first, talk to the opposing captain and give new people a hand at the game. This will do wonders in recruiting people for the game and league. Just a few thoughts :P
                          I don't think you realize how many really good players are out there.

@ Jeeny: SB is a lot about teamwork and natural chemistry with your teammates. I don't know if you can recreate that in a draft.

Comment

Originally posted by moltenrock View Post
                            Lol yea, Holybird =P
                            Whatever...my brain cells are fried...I can't remember the correct nick, but you know who I meant
                            May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

I'd play.
                              PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

I don't know if we'll end up having 8 teams or 6. To truly have 8 teams that would take about ten people a team which is eighty people, and I think as of now there is about fifty people who could actually be part of a league, so we need to groom thirty more little SBers.
                                Sit down.
                                Stand up.
                                Walk into
                                The jaws of hell.
                                Anytime. Anytime.
                                We can wipe you out

Comment

Working...
                                X