Bots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bots

im pretty sure everyone here has seen bots on counter-strike or something like that. but i was wondering if ss could have bots like that, i know it could take some work but maybe it could payoff. i can imagine like the bots in cs: source which are really lifelike. It could be a huge bonus so hopefully one staffmember computer guy can do it.
    4:BigKing> xD
    4:Best> i'm leaving chat
    4:BigKing> what did i do???
    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
    4:BigKing> ???? why though
    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
    4:BigKing> xD

There are already modules for bots that allow them to follow you and shoot when you shoot, but to make really bots that have their own ai thats will be very hard, first of all a bot isn't programmed to die, so it's gonna be very hard to copy that (at least, i think it is, because they didn't make it already) and then you need to make it so that the bot just don't fly around randomly, but going to another target it would need to constantly get the players coordinate's and all that stuff.. I realy don't know anything about it but imo it will be really really hard to make and I don't know if anyone is willing to do it, because it will propably not be used, we need more people, not bots.
    help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

The Mystic Kingdom Zone or something in subspace has actual bot controlled ships that attack you using limited AI. They might be fun to use to practice dodging and aiming, but a real player would move in a different fashion which would be horribly difficult to program.
      "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

Originally posted by Singularity View Post
        The Mystic Kingdom Zone or something in subspace has actual bot controlled ships that attack you using limited AI. They might be fun to use to practice dodging and aiming, but a real player would move in a different fashion which would be horribly difficult to program.
        Doesn't every other zone use MERVBots anyway? They won't run in TW unless ported over.
        thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

TWL11 (which won't happen) will consist of 5v5 botduels where 10 players moving in exactly the same formations shoot each other.
          Originally posted by paradise!
          pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
          1:Reaver> HALP
          1:Reaver> HELELP
          1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
          1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

There are already a few AI bots around, one of the better ones is AI Bot made by Bjorn. This is a mervbot so running this in Trench Wars 24/7 won't really work since we only have a linux server for bot hosting.
            The bot development team would need to port the bot to Java (TWCore) for it to be deployed in Trench Wars. This probably won't ever happen because it takes too much time and effort while there are much more important tasks to complete.
            Maverick
            Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
            Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
            Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
            Subspace Statistics Administrator
            Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

The architecture of TWCore is not set up to be good at things like AI bots, MERV has a better design for that particular task
              USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

would be a lot of "if this then do that" stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
                  This probably won't ever happen because ... there are much more important tasks to complete.
                  Such as...? I mean, Christ, we've had a non-working LVZ in pub for months now and no one has even touched THAT.
                  FREE MANDELA

Comment

Originally posted by Stultus View Post
                    we've had a non-working LVZ in pub for months now and no one has even touched THAT.
                    What are you trying to say? Want to do some work yourself?
                    Maverick
                    Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                    Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                    Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                    Subspace Statistics Administrator
                    Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Working...
                    X