No announcement yet.

What is TW's definition of racism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have over the years come to the conclusion, that almost anything could be considered racism with the TW policies.

Comment

In Trench Wars, the term Negro is generally used in an offensive manner because the zone is full of immature idiots who like to try to push the boundaries. There will be times at which the word is acceptable, but I would generally advise you to steer clear of it to keep safe. As far as ethnicity goes, this is a grey area, there have been times when a mod has warned someone for saying something derogatory about the Finnish. My personal view is that was a bit harsh, (and it was a very extreme case, this doesn't happen normally) but it's generally down to the moderator to interpret the rules and apply them.

If you try to steer clear of any sort of racial comments, you'll be safe. I'd say feel free to make fun of the British for having bad teeth, the Americans for being fat and the Australians for all being criminals, these are just pokes at a country and if you get warned for that it's pretty retarded. Do try and steer clear saying stuff like "go to africa and die" or whatever, because this is quite a sensitive area as a lot of people use it as a way of being racist.
      USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
      ---A few minutes later---
      9:cool koen> you scorereseted
      9:Kim> UM
      9:Kim> i didn't
      9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
      9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
      9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
      9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Need more some examples Dameon Angell, I am pretty good with them.

And Ewan, I hope you go to Africa and die to silverback gorillas in the Congo zone, while you are looking for diamonds to power a laser gun.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Wark (Kthx) is one of the immature idiots mentioned above.
          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim

Comment

I find it funny how everyone is such a humanitarian in Trench Wars, we all hate racism when we want to get someone in trouble that we don't like, and then after we get that player banned for it, or ban him yourselves for you staffers in here, you get on your squad chat and said "LOL I BANNED THAT N****R". I doubt there are any black players on TW, I doubt that even if we do if they get offended, I am against the racism rule as it is because right now it is just a convenient way for mods to have a reason to ban someone they don't like, or look the other way otherwise. Having open-ended rules when you are dealing with a Staff Force of 13 year olds and up like you Ewan, who have an ego, and ass kissing problem isn't wise. I would say atleast 75% of racism bans are reported and executed by a player/staffer who doesn't like the player they are reporting or about to ban.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan View Post
              In Trench Wars, the term Negro is generally used in an offensive manner because the zone is full of immature idiots who like to try to push the boundaries. There will be times at which the word is acceptable, but I would generally advise you to steer clear of it to keep safe. As far as ethnicity goes, this is a grey area, there have been times when a mod has warned someone for saying something derogatory about the Finnish. My personal view is that was a bit harsh, (and it was a very extreme case, this doesn't happen normally) but it's generally down to the moderator to interpret the rules and apply them.

If you try to steer clear of any sort of racial comments, you'll be safe. I'd say feel free to make fun of the British for having bad teeth, the Americans for being fat and the Australians for all being criminals, these are just pokes at a country and if you get warned for that it's pretty retarded. Do try and steer clear saying stuff like "go to africa and die" or whatever, because this is quite a sensitive area as a lot of people use it as a way of being racist.
              So are you saying its wrong to say, Go to Africa and die, but its ok to say, Go to Europe and die?
              May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

Comment

Oh god, let's not get in to this argument again. Just use some common sense, don't push the limits and you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond View Post
                  GET OUR EXPERTS TO TW FORUM, STAT

RACISM DISCUSSION UP INS

heave ho

heave ho

heave ho
                  reposting for justice
                  Originally posted by Ward
                  OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond View Post
                    reposting for justice
                    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, triggered something in my brain Vykro. =/

Comment

i hope it didn't trigger a racism seizure : [

if it did though not to worry our trench wars racism experts are on hand
                      Originally posted by Ward
                      OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

hahaha this thread is awesome
                        1:cripple> guys i am sorry for all the inconvenience of my virginity that i have let out on this squadron, i love u all

1:Chief Utsav> please leave me alone

Comment

doesn't the fact that you are discussing racism make you a racist in the way that you segregate one race from another within the human race for the purpose of discussion. and personally I don't agree that birdmen from the third layer of the earth have the same rights as the wormwomen from the fourth layer.
                          ?find dads revenge

Comment

Trench Wars is the forefront of racial sensitivity, lets it keep it that way team. :turned:
                            Sit down.
                            Stand up.
                            Walk into
                            The jaws of hell.
                            Anytime. Anytime.
                            We can wipe you out

Comment

What happens if I refer to the n-word when quoting something from the 1800s where the n-word was common language and not considered racist, but just normal? Ironically, more black people use the n-word more than white people. If TW wanted to get rid of racism, then those words shouldn't even be banned, because keeping those words as racial derogatory is racism in its core. This is why racism exist today, because we insist on keeping those words as racial swearing. What’s the point if a white person calls another white person an n-word? Does that mean he is black? or is less than black? or does it just mean he's unpleasantly insulting the person? Online you don't know for sure who is white or black, so what’s the point if a person who we don't know whose race is calls someone who as well we don't know whose race is a racial slur? On the internet, we're as good as one race, so why keep racial segregation alive? Why is TW so racist? What's the point?
                              May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

Comment

I think the word "black" should be in obscene.txt.
                                1. It's a colour that nobody but goths should wear, and they are banned from life so I don't know why we should let them talk about it.
                                2. Nobody likes the colour black.
                                3. It's not even a colour, it's a lack of colour along with white. With no light, everything is black and colourless. That is racist because it normalizes particular shades and leaves people with colour out.
                                4. More often than not, it's used to disparage black people.

Comment

Working...
                                X