No announcement yet.

Twsbl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry i missed the match tonight. would you guys be down for a four team draft tourny? i know the problem with draft tournys is that friends don't get to play with friends and chemistry doesn't get to mix with chemistry but shit. maybe we could make a list of players who want to actually play, assign four caps, and then get people to apply to the teams they want with the idea of trying to keep things fair and balanced in mind. i mean hey, we're not all top tier.
    Originally posted by turmio
    jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
    Originally posted by grand
    I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

gsfdsfsdfsdsfdfsd you abandoning iddqd jeeny!?!??!+!+1?FAWkfa+asfkafsdpkasfdsdsffds
      Originally posted by Tyson
      There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
      Originally posted by HeavenSent
      Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
      Originally posted by Izor
      Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
        sorry i missed the match tonight. would you guys be down for a four team draft tourny? i know the problem with draft tournys is that friends don't get to play with friends and chemistry doesn't get to mix with chemistry but shit. maybe we could make a list of players who want to actually play, assign four caps, and then get people to apply to the teams they want with the idea of trying to keep things fair and balanced in mind. i mean hey, we're not all top tier.
        id do this
        Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
        2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
        2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

i like playing strikeball, but i would say it's a bit intimidating playing against a full team of people who've played it a lot. A draft would definitely even things up and keep one team from dominating/ruining the fun of a league or tourny
          .fffffffff_____
          .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
          .ffffff|ff __fffff|
          .fffffff\______/
          .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
          .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
          .fffff\________/
          .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
          .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
          .fff\__________/

Comment

I'm willing to draft, cap, do whatever for the sake of strikeball. Nockm, that's a good idea. Who's willing to make a website? Screw the staff. We can do a 4-team thing now. Play our matches in private. Who knows...maybe the tourny will catch people's attention, and it'll grow in the future.

Comment

Underground cage match strikeball tournament of death.

Comment

we'll be hitting the same rough patch that made the twsbl slow to a halt (aside from the league ops efforts to push it along, though i will admit i stopped ppaying close attention) and thats the slapdicks that dont want to play with anyone new.

the moment people insist on taking considerations to try to play with someone of their own choice, organized strikeball will probably just get tossed under the bus again.

this is probably heavily biased against those people that think it would be fun to play wiht only those theyve played with before. that is because i am heavily biased against that situation. enough to the point that i probably wouldnt play if it looks like its going to be 1 or 2 stud teams and then a bunch of other mostly newb teams.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                  we'll be hitting the same rough patch that made the twsbl slow to a halt (aside from the league ops efforts to push it along, though i will admit i stopped ppaying close attention) and thats the slapdicks that dont want to play with anyone new.

the moment people insist on taking considerations to try to play with someone of their own choice, organized strikeball will probably just get tossed under the bus again.

this is probably heavily biased against those people that think it would be fun to play wiht only those theyve played with before. that is because i am heavily biased against that situation. enough to the point that i probably wouldnt play if it looks like its going to be 1 or 2 stud teams and then a bunch of other mostly newb teams.
                  during the last league it sucked, mostly because all the great players on one team. Thats surely a way to kill any event. Split them up and make each a cap
                  Devest.proboards.com

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

Comment

?go strikeball

Comment

Originally posted by NoLimitSoldier View Post
                      during the last league it sucked, mostly because all the great players on one team. Thats surely a way to kill any event. Split them up and make each a cap
                      These great players you talk about aren't really that great.

To play Strikeball well, you just need to play the game for a bit, not be a ballhog, and use your brain.

A tourny would be fun. Setting up the teams without having any whining would be interesting too.

Comment

random teams ftw
                        Devest.proboards.com

Creator/Co-Creator of:

Comment

you read my mind, i'd really like to play in a random tourny
                          .fffffffff_____
                          .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                          .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                          .fffffff\______/
                          .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                          .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                          .fffff\________/
                          .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                          .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                          .fff\__________/

Comment

Why is it that there seems to be renewed interest in TWSBL only in April/May every year? As it always falls apart come June.

Perhaps there should be seasonal Strikeball hosted events come April/May with no squads/teams. Just random hosted SB events. After all these years, regardless of the bot that has been promised for SB for the past 3 yrs. the idea of it becoming a league is somewhat of a joke.
                            May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

yeah, i think a league might be a bit overly optimistic, not to mention that there's probably not enough constant interest.

however a weekly tournament a la ?go tourny might be fun. If you could somehow host like 4 games at once. I've even forgotten how many people you'd play a side -- i don't think i've played in a game bigger than 4 v 4. If it was hosted as such, it'd probably get 20-40 ppl to come like any other event. If we actually had 40 ppl come play you could have a decent 1 time tourny.
                              .fffffffff_____
                              .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                              .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                              .fffffff\______/
                              .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                              .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                              .fffff\________/
                              .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                              .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                              .fff\__________/

Comment

I like this idea, Maybe Ill host a random tourny sometime after my exams :wub:
                                Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                                Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Working...
                                X