No announcement yet.

base rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good rec in ?go base is usually a function of the other team's ineptitude than a statement of your own skill.

Comment

What myth did before was great, read my other reply. It won't be stats like kills and deaths, but wins and loses, this way it shows how much of team player you are?

That's probably even flawed though, meh dont' put stats up, it'll ruin the aspect of ?go base

Comment

win/losses are no good
        for example, when i captain a team. i usually pick people who eaither dont always get to play (at least a couple of them) and i most likely will stick a player in a different ship than they are used to.

so putting stats would mean people would only wanna play their best ship to get the best recs and not lose. basically you cant do it. no stats will ever matter in basing except a W when it counts in TWD or TWL
        To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
        brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

I think ranking base is a horrible idea. At least for me basing is more abt fun and if you take the ranking in it would turn into elim. You couldn't really try funny lineups and new players would NEVER get to play. The new ppl don't get to play too much now in ?go base, but if you put ranking in there they would lose all their chances. In ?go base new players have the opportunity to show what they can do and get into basing more.

People would start to play too seriously and probably also selfishly (is that a word?). Base is the place where you can try out new stuff and relax. Even if you rank by how many times your team wins it wouldn't help. That would take away the possibility to try new things.

And ranking is also impossible since no matter how good the player is he/she can't save a sucky team alone (by sucky I don't necessarily mean bad players, but bad teamwork). That would lead into a situation where ppl spec or don't play if they get into the "wrong" team that would most likely lose.

In leagues you get to play base for real and I think that's all the ranks base needs.

(P.S. isn't base a team game? so what's the point of ranking a player....)
          Last edited by Miau; 02-26-2003, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Miau
            I think ranking base is a horrible idea. At least for me basing is more abt fun and if you take the ranking in it would turn into elim. You couldn't really try funny lineups and new players would NEVER get to play.

(P.S. isn't base a team game? so what's the point of ranking a player....)
            Agreed, maybe just leave it to be like it is. After thinking this idea for while, this idea sounds stupid so Miau is right...
            - Acid Tank

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." -Kurt Cobain

Comment

Okay, no one likes the idea, but it would be nice if there was something to help me figure out if I'm getting better or not. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get stuff like:

% your team won in ?go base
              number of times you kill nme terr
              % time your team held flag
              # times MVP
              - spider stats -
              - jav stats -
              W/L vs. other javs
              number of tks
              etc, etc.

Yeah, stats aren't the whole picture but some might be useful.

Oooo, teams should have statisticians watching all their TWD/TWL games, $$$. Any team do this already?
              Last edited by geekbot; 02-26-2003, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Re: base rankings

Originally posted by Machine of God
                i noticed that there are lots of people that enjoy playing ?go base and since there is a ranking system for elim and baseelim, maybe it would be a cool idea to have it for ?go base

would it be too hard to do?
                is it worth it?
                Ahem........................................... ITS CALLED ELIM AND BASEELIM BECAUSE ITS ELIMINATION! YOU DON'T ELIMINATE ANYONE IN ?GO BASE, IT'S ONE CONSTANT GAME (MOST OF THE TIME!) TY THAT IS ALL!
                5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

You can't rank ANYTHING in ?go base without people changing how they play in order to accomidate it. If you rank win/loss, people will camp and run etc when they play. If you rank basing wins/losses, people will only pick really good teams, and if someone got stuck on a team they thought was bad, they'd just spec.

DON'T DO IT.
                  sdg

Comment

Remember when some other person started a similar thread in twd forum about the same thing about #mythrandir?

Remember mythrandir said he'd not leak out any stats ever again?

Remember when mythrandir said that's why he started twd?

Go read past posts about #mythrandir.

Those who knew, rr and I are the two sole loser who played the most games in #mythrandir, y'all ain't ever gonna replace us, f00Ls, harharharh

Comment

He didn't say anything about "not leaking stats ever again".

Originally posted by Mythrandir
                      I don't really don't want to rate such games...... we got TWD for that. This is just for fun and to point out the addicts in #myth

Basically I am just storing and logging these games as a test and preparation for TWD.
                      http://forums.trenchwars.org/forum/s...&threadid=2202

Comment

I didnt want to see stats just for the purpose of "ooo look at me I have good stats" and I dont think the stats would be used in that way. It is very obvious that different ships get different ratings and the stats dont really mean anything. I just liked looking at the ones on TWD and I thought it was a neat idea.

I want to see stats like:
                        How many times you were captain and if your team won
                        How many games played
                        How many times you played _____ ship
                        victory/defeats
                        wins/losses
                        total points
                        maybe even time spent in ?go base, if thats possible

I really dont think people would get all competetive about stats because anyone that plays knows that it is obvious that this is a team game and even if YOU play your best, the suiciding terr that was picked for example, might not. Its for fun more than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Machine of God
                          I really dont think people would get all competetive about stats because anyone that plays knows that it is obvious that this is a team game and even if YOU play your best, the suiciding terr that was picked for example, might not. Its for fun more than anything else.
                          People already are have attitudes, and it gets worse everyday. Having stats will make it worse. People will have one more thing to point to and bicker about.

Comment

I forgot how to do quotes =P
                            Erathia> If you're going to lie please, look into it, staff isn't stupid

Comment

I remember when Myth posted some of the stats. Mantra was #1 jav according to stats...he wouldnt let us forget it on diso chat (funny actually).
                              :yawn:

Comment

Working...
                              X