This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subspace commercial

Hey, this is psychoskip. OBVIOUSLY. in my little 7 days off here, i had a chance to think. Ive been playing this game for almost 4 years and i have given nothing back but a bunch of ass pain to ERs. Im a professional videographer. I was thinking about compiling footage of subspace and making some sort of a commmercial. It would be rather easy for me... spec a few vets and record them digitally to my hardrive using my AVID video system. Find some of the fancy smancy moves and edit it into some fast paced music and flashy graphics. I would do it all for free

Now to the point... if i were to do this... would anybody care? Would any body volunteer to do some fancy smancy moves? and who would i send the master copy too?

-Skip
    BORG Leader> why u banned skip?
    psychoskip> long story
    psychoskip> the end
    Pray> skips banned ? rolf
    Squadless> he did ?help you ******s are racist to me cuz im euro

What would it be for exactly? Just for fun, or would you use it somewhere?

Comment

using avid is like way overkill since subspace is so clunky that smooth edits aren't even a necessity (and can actually be a crutch for this type of video).

wouldn't mind seeing it though.. plz bring it on.
      plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Commercial... hmm... are you talking about something that you could actually put on the television to advertise subspace with? (stop me if i'm wrong) If this is the case, then you need to consider costs of putting the commercial on air, which is designated by time. I suppose the commercial would be like 40sec~60 sec? That's not too much airtime, but if it were to go on multiple times, the fees add up. And which network to put it on? Or multiple networks? Plus you have to add the fact that there are Subspace players all over the world, not just America, where I assume you live. Just my two cents...

Btw, I'd be happy to appear in it! But you'd probably want to film better ppl like Raspi, Vhita, Blood, etc..
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

welll i ahve no other edit system other than avid..so thats a given. My idea for this would just to say we have one... im not sure about putting it on the air...its more of a independent thing for myself...i just want to see what people think...maybe make a name for myself as the nerd who made a spaceship game commercial.
          psychoskip> long story
          psychoskip> the end

Comment

Ok now that cool but even in new found land the cheapest place to air commercials its still 60 000$ for a good spot so i mean yea its cool but we are allrdy hard on cash.
            bioture> I had sex with a fat girl last night and she almost crushed my pelvis

Comment

You can film me doing a 2v1 or 3v1 in a private arena. And we can set up some huge terrier turret explosions. Those are cool.
              And film a Super Javelin Turret Warz Match.
              DELETED

Comment

Well i think im gunna go ahead with it. I cant get into TW for another week. But Ill just cruise DSB and EG for some cool stuff.

Skip
                psychoskip> long story
                psychoskip> the end

Comment

It sounds like a pretty good idea, just send the movie to some popular websites and forget television
                  I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Sorta what i was thinkin webb...any publicity is good publicity. I will most likely put it on VHS (maybe DVD) and also export to small enough so buddies can send it thru AOL 30 sec clib should be around 4 mb.

Skip
                    psychoskip> long story
                    psychoskip> the end

Comment

open this idea to multiple zones to get the best response. (throw some hockey shots in there, some EG basing, some 5v5 in Pro League, maybe some super zones) Remember, flashy stuff over "good" stuff if this video is designed to bring in new players. ooh, some proball explosions!
                      1:koan> indy is like being skinny and liking weird music
                      1:tRICERATOPS> just a bunhc of faggots is all being indy is
                      1:koan> we cant talk about this infront of castro
                      1:koan> he's going to see this and be like WTFZ im a skinny vegeterian white dude with selective music tastes

Comment

sounds like a good idea, good luck
                        Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                        Philos> there is something about you
                        Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

who would i mail it to? i sorta wanna mail it to staff member. See what they think then maybe distribute?

Skip
                          psychoskip> long story
                          psychoskip> the end

Comment

also...please gimme some ideas for a song...preferabbly fast paced.
                            psychoskip> long story
                            psychoskip> the end

Comment

just PM some "important" staff members with ur ID and c what they think,

and as for the "fast paced music".......

hmmm,

try some "Los Straightjackets" (thats all music and no song)

"Man... or astroman?" (yes thats how u write it) (also without song)

"Metallica - Fuel"

"Peter Pan Speedrock - Rocketfuel"

some PRODIGY maybe... i bet u can sample a very good part from one of their songs...

RAM JAM

STATIC-X (thats all fast stuff)

System of a Down.... same

thats bout all i could think of... its mostly rockish shit but thats what i got in my winamp pl

Comment

Working...
                              X