No announcement yet.

Time for another pub map vote.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Current Public Map is great. But what was said about colours added, I don't know about that... I mean Red and Gray don't look bad, they don't even make your eyes sting. What other colours would you bring? I was thinking Green and Gray, but that'd look weird for a while.

The last vote had : 2dbase,BoKi,PublicMap, and FatBase (God knows). I, myself voted for Public Map. I would have choosen 2dbase, or BoKi. But mostly 2dbase cuz it r0cked =). The people who voted for FatBase were probally just trying to kill us all.

Anyways, all I can say is.. theres nothing really to change. I'd like a new map, but I don't want one that sucks. I think Dantax said that... oh well. :/
    // cool //

Comment

i think 2flags would be fun to have in pub for a while. double the base fr battles, and harder to defend the whole thing with just a few people.
      To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
      brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

wow, I didn't expect to open such a large can of worms....

first, when I started this thread I never meant ANY offense to Arilou. His map is great, there's no arguing with that. However, after playing through the options, specifically terring, through the last round of options I decided that I actually liked the Boki map better than the current one. I, personally, found it more fun.

The main issues behind why I'd like to see a change in maps are; foremost, the map is stale. Again, that's not to say it's a bad map, but it's been here so long that everyone knows all the angles. Change makes you think, and thinking makes you a better player. Who among you six month+ players can truely tell me you don't fall into a routine when you enter the base? Secondly, the buffers put in to decrease LTing have proven inadequate to the task. Some retooling in that area is needed so that they work the way they were intended (I.E. stop beyond radar shots and bring the terr closer into the base to decrease Tking and/or cheap kills)

There are other reasons to think about a minor/major retool of the map, but probably the biggest reason for a revote was that the results from the last vote were inconclusively in favor of the current map. Unless the voting had been established with the intention that a new map would have to be won in by an overwhelming mandate, it's very hard for a fresh map to win out against the "old reliable" map people are used to. Especially while it has to compete with 4 (5?) other choices.

Granted, a revote should wait until the current (cribbed) TWLB map is out of service, but I still think a revote might yield some inovative candidates and quite possibly a change for the better in the pub map.

Comment

i like the TWLB MAP! GJ 2D! tnx for the jav lessons!
          Sticks and stones may brake my bones,
          BUT WHIPS AND CHAINS EXCITE ME!!

A friend will bail you outta jail, but a true friend will be sittin right next to ya sayin DAMN THAT WAS FUN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aim2kill
            i like the TWLB MAP! GJ 2D! tnx for the jav lessons!
            shh A2K they'll hear you.

Comment

Originally posted by Adman
              Why in the middle of the season. That's what the main problem as last time.

Wait until the end so that in the off season the squad can learn new angles and such.

AGREED but message me on aol for another pub map. Someone take care of it and get it in the running . KRYN3TIX on aol msg me.
              ▒█░▄▀ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀▄ █▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ░▀░ ▀▄▒▄▀
              ▒█▀▄░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░░█░░ ▀█▀ ░▒█░░
              ▒█░▒█ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ▀▀▀ ▄▀▒▀▄

Comment

In other news if a2k's sig suggests what i think its suggesting it rocks. go a2k
                Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Working...
                X