I've got an idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got an idea

Why not just close all the inactive threads, and not bitch about them when someone revives one.. sounds simple enough? There is no clear criteria to how long the thread has to be inactive before it isn't allowed to be bumped up. That causes confusion. And in either way, the closed threads could be used for references later if needed, by making an advanced search and saving the URL. And save people from a bunch of useless warnings for revival, which aren't given in any other place but Trench Wars Forums.

Thank you for reading
    1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
    1:Cower> Sword
    1:Kthx> ok
    1:Cower> Axe
    1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
    1:Cower> ?
    1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

I think it's 2 or 3 months without posts unless the new comment adds something worth value to the thread.

Comment

I certainly wasn't aware of that, not to mention the thread I resurrected was in Useless Crap (bunch of threads that don't matter in first place by the way)
      1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.

Comment

I think it was in the original rules but since being updated to prevent people abusing it. It's now within those ranges (roughly) I believe but both are at the forum moderator's discretion, as well as issuing a warning/ban for.

Comment

And what's the definition of "Value"? There are a bunch of retroactive threads that could be adding a value, such as the one I made ahead of time for the flawed TWL playoff system. Once again, it's opinionative, and has no criteria.

Comment

You would have to ask forum staff. Try twforumadmins@gmail.com if none of them reply here.

What I think the rule means is if you revive 1 to 2 month+ old thread and add very little to nothing about the topic or discussions within, or the topic is perceived to be finished/dead meaning adding anything would not be of value to the forum then you shouldn't do it. It can lead to highly subjective decisions and the forum rules could use an update with some kind of criteria as you said but having a fixed time frame like before would lead to abuse more often then not.
            Last edited by Kolar; 04-06-2007, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Well if you set a clear time constraint, and have the forum users abide it, I don't see how that would be an abuse if anybody wants to bring back a semi-old thread to laugh or reminisce. I don't see too many threads being made nowadays, hence a few old threads wouldn't really intervene.

Comment

Just make a new thread with an url to the old one if you wanna continue the discussion, or laugh at it lol.

Comment

I wish this was a really old thread someone was bumping

expect me to do this in a year or two
                  afksry

Comment

Originally posted by Ignominy View Post
                    I wish this was a really old thread someone was bumping

expect me to do this in a year or two
                    yes
                    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous