Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evul Fly View Post
    My story of success:fear:

Sometimes u can't find the cause of packetloss with the simple steps like checking your pc for spyware or checking ur cables. Some ISPs might use priorities on packets and prioritize TCP packets over UDP ones. Some ISPs might overuse UDPs by providing services such as internet TV.

I had a serious ploss problems for many months, I spent days tryoung out those simple solutions, changing cables, reconfiguring a router(no softare or hardware firewalls, coz firewalls r for noobs like cripple), cleaning up operating system but S2C ploss stayed at 50%+.

Finally i found the solution: There was a range of local UDP ports that wouldnt cause any ploss at all. Continuum.exe uses the first available UDP port in your computer to listen for incoming packets. So now before i start up Continuum i have to use up all the 'bad' local UDP ports by creating lots of UDP sockets till i get in a 'good' range.

2300-2310 r the only UDP ports i can use to play the game. Btw windows XP cleans up port counter somewhere at 5000 so u get back to 1025.

Some lines in java and no more packetloss!

Ok how do i do that? Cant you just send me your java prog? It would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Why? I dont really know why it works on my pc and im really sure it wont work on yours.

You are afraid of open ports some hackers might attack but you are willing to launch a program some unknown person sent you...

loop
      {
      open port
      close port
      }

nothing more
      2:Zung> Does this 2h mean 1h56 min foreplay & 3 pushes & a stare?
      2:renzi> lol no
      2:renzi> would fuck, blowjob/handjob, fuck, finger, etc

Comment

I trust you, but nvm it prolly aint whats wrong anyway.

But im reading things about dutch guys and xs4all. I have xs4all! Who else has xs4all and has lag problems?
        I called them today but some callguy said they would only look into it when it affects allot of ppl.

Seccond life had the same problems but when allot of ppl started complaining about it, they fixed it.

So everyone start emailing and calling xs4all about continuum!

Comment

That's what i'm trying to explain you guys.
          It's not a singel user problem.
          It's something that started at the same time for several users that are using xs4all.

@Dutch I alrdy called xs4all a week or two ago.
          As soon as i'm home (two weeks :S) I'll do it again.
          Parasect <ER>> I like fat men

Comment

Ok, I called and emailed them again. They are gona look into it now i think, but it would really help if more people would call. They told me they havent heard of the continuum problems before but im pretty sure they know now.
            Mailing would also help, thats for more advanced problems like these.

Oh and Chino what is your friends name. I told xs4all about it and if they know who it was they might give us the same solution.

Comment

I once had a similar problem with extreme high packet loss, and not just in ss.
              I called my ISP (@home) and explained the problem. They "reset" my connection and it was back to normal the same day.

A few months ago I had about 1-5% ploss in trenchwars which would fluctuate a bit, with normal functionality for other applications. Not sure what caused it, but it fixed itself in 2 weeks, without me doing anything to cabling, settings or software.
              "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

Dutch any new info from xs4all?
                I just got home and it's still not fixed for me....

I just send them an email. I also heard from rotte-billie that he called them today, they told him they didn't know about the problem. Make sure you call them as well.
                Last edited by Cool koen; 05-16-2007, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Guess what guys, it looks like it's fixed.
                  All zones are green for me again
                  My ping is a bit higher so they might have changed their routing.

Comment

Same here Cool Koen:grin: :grin:
                    I had already given up hope, but i guess all the spamming worked

Comment

Working...
                    X