X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoboBots

From Trench Wars news;

Hello everyone,

There are going to be some new changes to the RoboBots we currently have in Public arenas;

(1) There will be a RoboBot in every third arena, starting from the top Public arena. So 1st, 3rd, 5th. All even Publics will be Leviathan enabled. So 2nd, 4th etc.

I am striving for consistency here. The majority of the time players will get to choose which type of Public they want to play in. This will also test the popularity of the Pure Publics.

(2) All Pure Public games will have private frequencies removed.

I feel this is a more important change. Trench Wars is all about teamwork. Trench Wars is also about basing, so we need to emphasise that in our base orientated Publics. If you want to use private frequencies, then you may do so with the Leviathans. An added degree of this change is that it also helps improve consistency across Publics.

Feel free to contact me in-game about any change. I enjoy discussing changes about the zone you guys play in. Thanks.

Please discuss these changes below
    "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
    • Shark
    • Dicer
    • Sager
    • Trench Wars Map Uploader

I don't understand why they're called RoboBots.. Robo is short for Robot right? you're just making it longer, not shorter >_> just "Robos" would make more sense o_O

but ok

Comment

robot was probably taken when they made the name
      5:gen> man
      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

By RoboBots Mootland Farmer more specifically means RoboGirl and RoboBoy
        (and if you're wondering, the TWCore bot name is 'purepubbot')
        Maverick
        Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
        Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
        Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
        Subspace Statistics Administrator
        Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Sound wild mootah

Comment

pubbot for every third arena would be 1st, 4th, 7th not 1st, 3rd, 5th, im confused.

basically you allow private freq LTs in the dying pubs to fuck them up more, but no levis in pure to keep them boring for the masses. when it should be Levis in all pubs but limits to private freq LT. wrong wai.

there are barely 3 pubs open, whats the point? maybe someone should start fighting the problem some day instead of comming up with these what staff considers solutions? and this is not against you moot, i blame others. i never thought id say this but get ward the fuck back on staff and some others who can say: no! you suck ass.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion, but I meant every odd Public arena.

I'm somewhat confused by your second paragraph. You say LeviTerrs are killing the already worse off Publics with this change. Looking from today, the 2nd and 4th Public arenas (Leviathan & private freq enabled arenas) were just as full as they have been.

Basing also occurred in the 3rd Public arena, which is a good sign - perhaps already showing that Pure Publics are popular. Hell, they probably already were before this change.

The difficulty with my job is that there will always be someone who will say disagree. I'm very compromising in my position, as what I do largely affects the zone. For example, I thought the Integrated Public settings I tested a few months ago would work. It didn't, and naturally I didn't keep them in place.

You've said there's a problem. Now you haven't outlined what the problem is, I could guess what you think is the problem, but it would be better hearing it from you. I'm guessing your proposed solution is what's in your signature?

Also, I've never heard of Ward being Staff, Wark perhaps?
              • Shark
              • Dicer
              • Sager

Comment

Originally posted by Mootland Farmer View Post
                I'm somewhat confused by your second paragraph. You say LeviTerrs are killing the already worse off Publics with this change. Looking from today, the 2nd and 4th Public arenas (Leviathan & private freq enabled arenas) were just as full as they have been.
                in short i dont believe that a polarisation(sp) between LTs and basers will improve anything. there should be found a way to mix these worlds.

Comment

I have tried testing combined settings before, where a less powerful Leviathan that could not teamkill the team as often was used. Players in Pure Publics hated the fact that their were Leviathans in their arena, and Leviathan players hated their downgraded ship.

I wanted this idea to work, and it did to some extent, but it wasn't enough. There were only flashes of times when Basing occurred with Leviathans. The gameplay in Public 0, and the other Pure Public had drained somewhat with these new settings in place.
                  • Shark
                  • Dicer
                  • Sager

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffz View Post
                    in short i dont believe that a polarisation(sp) between LTs and basers will improve anything. there should be found a way to mix these worlds.
                    The polarisation will always be there whilst leviathans are not allowed in twlb.
                    Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                    Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

What happened to testing pures as the non default filler? I think if you want to more accurately measure their popularity you should take numbers from a scenario like that.

Unless you are planning to make Pub 0 a levi pub, 0 is an even number.
                      afksry

Comment

Pub 0 is what we call the 1st pub which is an odd number, Ignonimy.

If we are going to call it pub 0 then we would also be talking about pub 22, pub 37 or any other random number the pub used to have.
                        Maverick
                        Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                        Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                        Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                        Subspace Statistics Administrator
                        Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

Night wasp ftw!
                          PubBot8> Going to 69 :greedy:

Jacklyn> I'll play with this clit thing later
                          Dr.Coiff> i've played with it

3:Mirror <ZH>> fly around and boom blow everyone up

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong here but are you testing the popularity of pure publics and coincidentally making the first one (the default one players go into) a pure public? If that's the case then it's certainly not an accurate measurement.
                            1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                            3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                            3:Best> see it coming
                            3:Best> sad

Comment

Do you count first as being arena 1 or arena 0? He mistyped when he said every third, but he did say arenas 1, 3, 5, etc... will have the bots.

Comment

Working...
                              X