Fps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kawrae View Post
    Actually a human eye can detect 30-60 fps. Depends alot on who is watching.
    All theater movies are (and have been) 24 fps for a reason. If the human eye were faster than that, you would see the frame lines as they rolled past while you ate your popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by Kawrae View Post
      I had good fps on my old comp but now it's the regular 75. What was the "trick" again?
      In Advanced options click Disable Clipping, Avoid Page Flipping, and No Framelimit
      OBama/Biden 08

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
        All theater movies are (and have been) 24 fps for a reason. If the human eye were faster than that, you would see the frame lines as they rolled past while you ate your popcorn.
        Movies need only 24 fps because of their perfect motion blur. Games usually don't have it because they just render still frames at high fps without worrying about how the objects are moving when rendering them. Human eye can actually detect the difference between 1000 fps and 10000 fps if you just use a shutter to show a very bright object for the period of 1/10000 seconds and then immediately close. If synced properly, 1000 fps would miss the object every time and you'd only see black, whereas with 10000 fps you'd see the object (assuming it's repeatedly shown). With perfect motion blur the display could be 24 fps and look about as good as 10000 fps without motion blur. Now this may sound like a contrived scenario certainly not occuring in Subspace. But it clearly shows that without motion blur one shouldn't try to come up with an fps number over which humans couldn't see. It's just bs. And in fast-paced games which don't have motion blur, many people really can see the difference between 60 fps and 120 fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
          when u blink really fast for the sake of it, u can sometimes sync with the black frames.

Comment

Ye we can watch 18-24 fps movies because of the blurry thing. Try playing even this game with 24 fps. It would be sticky because SS doesn't have the blur effect as in movies. Hah i could tell you a whole lot about this subject but i think you got it already :P
            -Kawrae

Comment

Working...
            X