No announcement yet.

SubSpace/Continuum Poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not trying to put down this idea but, is lack of advertisement the reason for the subspace population decreasing? People who have played this game for years and are/were completely addicted are leaving pretty often (WoW took a large chunk).

I think the main reason for TW's population decreasing is that more and more online games are being made that are much better than subspace. This game is two decades old. And it's not just in the graphics/gameplay but also in the overall experience of the community. It seems that other online games have a much... friendlier/open community. So, even if the advertisements draw in some new players I think the graphics/gameplay plus the community (public arenas is where the new-comers will be) will deter them from staying.

I've just seen so many of these threads about getting the word out and it never pans out. I think before bringing new players into our public arenas we should work on bringing the old ones back in, the core of the community that act like decent human beings (well most of them anyway). Can't wait to see some of these posters though.
    (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Well see, there is a few things wrong with what I saw in your argument. It's a good one, but there is no way to entice older players back that have left. They have played this game long enough to have a possibility of becoming bored with it. Yet, new players that come in, this will be a whole new experience for them. There are better games out there, but even as I see it, the fact that this is a free online game gives it an advantage. I mean what harm does the average person think of a free online game to try out? The people that play public aren't half as bad or rude as those that don't play public, to be quite frank. :-p I've played many years to find that out. I find people in public quite pleasant compared to those that play TWL/TWD competatively. On top of that, this game has a huge advantage of the community it provides. It wouldn't have gotten this far had it only the settings/games that people play. For some reason, the old people do come back from time to time to play this game just to even say hey to some people. So when all things considered, I think bringing in a whole new population to all zones, not just TW, would eventually help this game. It isn't that hard to get at least 1 other person into this game. When you think about it, if at least a few other people actually took to heart what I'm trying to say here, it might be worthwhile. I'm not for once trying to declare this a major huge change to come about, but bringing in a few more people to SS/Continuum wouldn't hurt the game at all.
      sigpic

Comment

...you misspelled "addictive"...
        The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
        SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Comment

talking about pubbers not being mean?

they are worse than quicksand....

at least QS members kill people before they talk shit
            (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
            (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
            (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
            (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
            (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Kudos for trying.

If the intent is to allow people to print off copies from home, marketing people everywhere are rolling in their graves. First, 8.5x11 size is not conducive to good promotion. Have you ever seen bunches of 8.5 x 11 posters hanging anywhere? Big, glossy colorful posters is what is usually hung on walls. Second, people go to a lot of work to make a nice graphic only to have some other person print out some grainy, crappy representation on their $49 printer at home. If it looks crappy, the good intention then turns to negative publicity.

Make the intent to print poster-sized posters. Get a budget, hold genuine graphics contest, print desirable posters, sell some, give others away as prizes for TW championships and large event winners.

Comment

Hey Eph, where do you think we can even come up with that kind of money? Unless we hold a fundraiser again (like the one that helped pay for the server for a little bit) then I doubt any single person would contribute much money to even get anywhere close of what you are asking. Not to mention, having them printed then shipped to many different SS players, who may or may not even put them up. I'd personally rather leave it up to them to print them up and put them all over since it's not going to cost anyone really much of anything. I'm almost sure they have access to the resources necessary (ink, printer, and internet). I'm all ears, but that just sounded unreasonable to me unless some people willing to give money come forth.
                sigpic

Comment

So I've taken advertising a step further and I'm having Kinkos make up window stickers advertising the website to put on my bmw.

Comment

Originally posted by UrMaMaIsFuNnY2K View Post
                    So I've taken advertising a step further and I'm having Kinkos make up window stickers advertising the website to put on my bmw.

Pretty bad fake. UrMaMaIsNtFuNnY2K
                    3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
                    3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
                    3:i.d.> da fk is that?
                    3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
                    3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                    3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
                    3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
                    3:Shadowmere> LOL
                    3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
                    Shadowmere> Rofl
                    Up in ya !> With his feet
                    Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
                    Up in ya !> l44t feet
                    Deft> l44t f44t*
                    Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
                    Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Originally posted by Sertifi. View Post
                      Pretty bad fake. UrMaMaIsNtFuNnY2K
                      fixd

Comment

Originally posted by Left_Eye View Post
                        Hey Eph, where do you think we can even come up with that kind of money? Unless we hold a fundraiser again (like the one that helped pay for the server for a little bit) then I doubt any single person would contribute much money to even get anywhere close of what you are asking. Not to mention, having them printed then shipped to many different SS players, who may or may not even put them up. I'd personally rather leave it up to them to print them up and put them all over since it's not going to cost anyone really much of anything. I'm almost sure they have access to the resources necessary (ink, printer, and internet). I'm all ears, but that just sounded unreasonable to me unless some people willing to give money come forth.
                        No one will come forward with money unless there is an estimated budget and plan. So let's talk about the budget.

Holding contest - Free
                        Get Quotes to Print Decent Poster - Free (Would suggest starting off small, get Kinkos type quotes for low volume kick off, get larger volume quotes from local print houses for larger qty.)

Once this is completed, then we know what it will take $$$-wise to get this effort going. Obvious key would be have kick-ass graphics, something that people would want and be willing to buy.

Comment

Can't neglect the power of DIY advertisement, though. If a flyer is designed well for black and white, people will look, and it'll have a certain aesthetic that says it's not like the same crap you see in the video game industry. Rough, grainy black and white copies would seem to epitomize SS rather well. Saying: "No, we don't have any money to speak of, but the game is still good, and it's yours for free if you want to join."

I don't think we should let production costs get in the way at least. A lot more people are bound to just print off 10 from the school printer or steal a copy code for 30 than go to Kinko's and spend even $10 on ads that will just get taken down a week later. Most people are probably not going to want to do anything unless it's excrutiatingly easy to begin with -- be lucky if everyone in this thread posts 3 B&Ws of any of these.

Comment

While true, what is the target audience? ‘Rage’ type poster might have appeal to a certain demographic, and that probably is the correct demographic to go for, the under 20 male audience. Yet it has been often stated that the TW zone is family orientated, so is it worthwhile to consider other demographics? Are posters going to generate the same amount of interest for males and females? And does not a full size poster represent more value in terms of having something worthwhile to offer for championships and large event winners?

Note, I think Kolar posted above asking the same type thing, ‘what is the problem we are trying to solve?.

Comment

oh god now its about what type of ppl hell be advertising to? get the fuck real tw is far from a family zone, this whole game is far from a family game..

Comment

less talk moar pictures
                                (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
                                (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
                                (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
                                (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
                                (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Working...
                                X