Population increase using marketing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Population increase using marketing?

Does anyone want to help out marketing for this game ? I had an adwords account going but I switched to hosting roboking server instead. The game of the month thing seems good for us as well... Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated...

update: Let's get a list of places to advertise. I have contacted ign network and myspace.
    Last edited by Pure_Luck; 12-02-2007, 02:44 AM.

Well, for many of you, this is probably not the only forum you visit frequently.

As for me, I have signature banners that advertise Continuum and links it to www.getcontinuum.com :P (IE: My uni course discussion forum)

Not sure if that works well, but at least is worth a try!
    AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

lets link to trenchwars.org

Comment

Oh, good point, we want to steal players to TW and not other zones... LOL

Here's the one i am using currently, is from hak's thread with a bit of modification.

I'll change the site to www.trenchwars.org tomorrow, need sleeppp...
        AcidBomber <ER> ^-^

Comment

We can do all the advertising we want but it falls to pieces if we don't have something worth keeping the new people. At the very least, I'd suggest before doing any more advertising or poll's or anything like that, we get a tutorial arena up just like DSB has (?go tutorial in DSB if you don't know). Beyond that it would be a good idea to get pubs in a better state of condition before advertising.

Sites to advertise on: http://www.miniclip.com/ and http://www.freeonlinegames.com/

I don't use either of these sites, but they're some of the first results from google.com when you type in "free game"
          1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
          3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
          3:Best> see it coming
          3:Best> sad

Comment

newcomers wont continue playing... know why? thers plenty of better games and majority of tw is too good for a newbie to compete against they will probually lose motivation as most of the pop has played many years
            1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
            1:pascone> folder is empty :/
            1:Tiny> LOL
            1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

I think we are going to setup a advertising donation fund like we did for the server fund

Comment

who runs getcontinuum site and can they tell us how many hits since gamne of the month and stuff? compared to previous months..

Comment

One of the biggest sites you can hit today is myspace, facebook, ebaumsworld, also albinoblacksheep.com gets some pretty decent hits as well.

Sure i wouldnt mind donating a few dollars to help. Via paypal right?

Also----

Are the other zones gonna donate as well seeing as im sure they will be getting a few ppl out of the deal.
                  Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                  2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                  2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Originally posted by Pure_Luck View Post
                    Does anyone want to help out marketing for this game ? I had an adwords account going but I switched to hosting roboking server instead. The game of the month thing seems good for us as well... Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated...

update: Let's get a list of places to advertise. I have contacted ign network and myspace.
                    This is a good idea when a sized amount of people contribute. Be sure to message things in game as well, for many do not read the forums.
                    In the meanwhile, I'm still looking for more forums and sites on which we can advertise for free. I've got tons of banners, user reviews, screenshots, art and information right now. Let me know if there's anything you need. I'll let you know about the websites thing.

Regards,

Hakkinen B)

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
                      who runs getcontinuum site and can they tell us how many hits since gamne of the month and stuff? compared to previous months..
                      I don't run it, but stats can be found here http://getcontinuum.com/webalizer/

Our biggest referrer is currently wikipedia, followed by people upgrading to 0.40 then mpogd, remeber we only started the mpogd campaign halfway though the month 1476 downloads of continuum last month.
                      Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                      Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

I'll help out marketing for this game if you step down, PL. Put someone active at the helm.
                        Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Hak you should go and make an ebay blog of continuum for a few reasons. Usually google and yahoo searches tend to pick up that kind of info for their searches. Not to mention you got some nice pics of the ships.

http://blogs.ebay.com/
                          Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                          2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                          2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

make youtube videos, have everyone get that fucing video featured, tons of ppl will be like oh wtf is this, click ti and be like i wanna playyyyyyy

myspace is huge

get in contact with G4 huge gaming nerds on that shit, maybe they can do a segment on AoTS if ur lucky :fear:
                            Big Chill

Comment

Acouple points brought up:

we need some type of arena to help new people and an entering message maybe telling them to go there?

me stepping down and you will help? We have active people in the highest of positions....

Comment

Working...
                              X