Another Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Tournament

What if I was to tell you that I have an idea that will increase activity in pub, elim, TWT, TWEL, and baseelim while at the same time creating a foundation upon which a new generation of players can build a home. Is that something you might be interested in?

Right now we have a number of different games which make up the entire TW community, but nothing which really ties them together. We are awarded points in public arena which are reset so often that they really aren’t worth collecting. Well that my friends is all about to change! A new point system can bring TW together. This system will include basically no programming; it will consist of only data which is already being recorded. After collecting a year’s worth of points from each of the different mini-communities of TW, we will all come together in a giant orgy of 2D gaming harmony!

Here’s how it works:

1. All pubs scores will be saved and compiled throughout the year. As will all TWEL, TWD, TWT scores. If wbduel or go base scores could be recorded that would be nice too, but I am just trying to supply a general outline of what we could do here and let the specifics fall into place later.

2. A page dedicated to the TW World Cup (or whichever name we pick) should be created and updated with a segment for each section of TW. This will show which players and squads have the highest combined scores. Although Trenchwars.org and Twdivisions.org already do this, these points will not be reset and will continue to grow throughout the year.

3. At the end of the year (perhaps right when school begins in September would work) the scores are all tallied and the leaders announced. And then we have the Trench Wars World Cup, lasting two weeks!

Another tournament can be substituted for the Basing World Cup. It will fill in that other half other year we have to wait through to get to TWL. It will make pub points important, so if squads don’t start playing there more often, they won’t play in this greatest of all tournaments. But not just pub scores, all of the TW games will be included. It’ll be like mardi gras except totally different.

The 8 best 2v2 Tournament leaders of the year compete in a tournament, quarterfinals week 1, semis and finals weeks 2. As do the top 8 duelers from each ship. I don’t want to get into details but you get the point. After the one-on-one competition ends, the squads compete in a two-day tournament.

Two things will make the World Cup different from TWL:

First, it will include the other single player tournaments in each ship.

Second, it will include pub scores! Of course, not all points are worth the same. Obviously a team getting 1500 points in TWD would be small compared to the number of points gained in pub by a single player, let alone a team. So I suggest multiplying the TWD points (not just from a small 2-month period such as those used for TWL, but from the entire year) by a factor of 10 or so.

However, the point of this idea is this: if penetrate players pub it up and get a lot of points, and they play baseelim and elim, they will get more points and be seeded higher than Pandora even if Pandora is like so much better than them, shah. The basing world cup may only need to start with 4 teams. If people still like the original basing world cup, this can be a separate tournament idea with a cool new name like TW Intergalactic Tournament 5000, I’m not sure of we are caring about that anymore.

Working out the details will take some time and discussion, but the over-all idea is to incorporate the different structures which make up TW into a year-long system, and reward the leaders by giving them the only thing they want: a chance for ultimate glory.

might not be sure, but i dont think they can save the pub recs throughout the whole year, because the biller thing resets automatically every other week

Comment

Originally posted by Snipe! View Post
      might not be sure, but i dont think they can save the pub recs throughout the whole year, because the biller thing resets automatically every other week
      Someone would have to do that i nominate snipe

Comment

Not being a dick or anything but just pointing out you work for about a month to get a twdd score of 1500, multiplying that by ten is 15000. 15,000 points? Thats only 75 kills in pub with a flag or something like that. Nultiply by 1000 at least id say.
        Makelele> whos camping
        Sumpson> mitch
        KiAN> Mitch mind not camping?
        Lemar> mitch
        Mitch> shut the fuck up and get in

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
          What if I was to tell you that I have an idea that will increase activity in pub, elim, TWT, TWEL, and baseelim while at the same time creating a foundation upon which a new generation of players can build a home. Is that something you might be interested in?

Right now we have a number of different games which make up the entire TW community, but nothing which really ties them together. We are awarded points in public arena which are reset so often that they really aren’t worth collecting. Well that my friends is all about to change! A new point system can bring TW together. This system will include basically no programming; it will consist of only data which is already being recorded. After collecting a year’s worth of points from each of the different mini-communities of TW, we will all come together in a giant orgy of 2D gaming harmony!

Here’s how it works:

1. All pubs scores will be saved and compiled throughout the year. As will all TWEL, TWD, TWT scores. If wbduel or go base scores could be recorded that would be nice too, but I am just trying to supply a general outline of what we could do here and let the specifics fall into place later.

2. A page dedicated to the TW World Cup (or whichever name we pick) should be created and updated with a segment for each section of TW. This will show which players and squads have the highest combined scores. Although Trenchwars.org and Twdivisions.org already do this, these points will not be reset and will continue to grow throughout the year.

3. At the end of the year (perhaps right when school begins in September would work) the scores are all tallied and the leaders announced. And then we have the Trench Wars World Cup, lasting two weeks!

Another tournament can be substituted for the Basing World Cup. It will fill in that other half other year we have to wait through to get to TWL. It will make pub points important, so if squads don’t start playing there more often, they won’t play in this greatest of all tournaments. But not just pub scores, all of the TW games will be included. It’ll be like mardi gras except totally different.

The 8 best 2v2 Tournament leaders of the year compete in a tournament, quarterfinals week 1, semis and finals weeks 2. As do the top 8 duelers from each ship. I don’t want to get into details but you get the point. After the one-on-one competition ends, the squads compete in a two-day tournament.

Second, it will include pub scores! Of course, not all points are worth the same. Obviously a team getting 1500 points in TWD would be small compared to the number of points gained in pub by a single player, let alone a team. So I suggest multiplying the TWD points (not just from a small 2-month period such as those used for TWL, but from the entire year) by a factor of 10 or so.

However, the point of this idea is this: if penetrate players pub it up and get a lot of points, and they play baseelim and elim, they will get more points and be seeded higher than Pandora even if Pandora is like so much better than them, shah. The basing world cup may only need to start with 4 teams. If people still like the original basing world cup, this can be a separate tournament idea with a cool new name like TW Intergalactic Tournament 5000, I’m not sure of we are caring about that anymore.

Working out the details will take some time and discussion, but the over-all idea is to incorporate the different structures which make up TW into a year-long system, and reward the leaders by giving them the only thing they want: a chance for ultimate glory.
          i have two thoughts on this...

my first thought is it sounds like an infomercial... like your the orec guy trying to sell some vacuums or something... "IF YOU CALL NOW ILL THROW IN AN EXTRA VACUUM FOR FREE!!! YES THATS RIGHT, ONLY 9 PAYMENTS OF $99.99 AND YOU CAN HAVE TWO OREC VACUUMS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE!"

my second thought is this is one of the worst ideas ive seen come out of this whole "lets change everything to make TW fun again" craze
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Doing any idea where it tracks players points will work well since it provides an objective. (What drives people is being able to brag that they have X amount of points, but hey we all know that this is what people want.)

Only other thing I would add is that there needs to points removed every time someone types a line of public chat in the game. If you want to shit talk, you got to 'pay'.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
              Doing any idea where it tracks players points will work well since it provides an objective. (What drives people is being able to brag that they have X amount of points, but hey we all know that this is what people want.)

Only other thing I would add is that there needs to points removed every time someone types a line of public chat in the game. If you want to shit talk, you got to 'pay'.
              I type lines in public all the time..and I don't talk shit..so why should i be charged??? o.O
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by End View Post
                Not being a dick or anything but just pointing out you work for about a month to get a twdd score of 1500, multiplying that by ten is 15000. 15,000 points? Thats only 75 kills in pub with a flag or something like that. Nultiply by 1000 at least id say.
                ya i didn't want to get into specifics, just wanted to present a weird idea

and ya exalt i was sounding that way on purpose so that you would get a good laf. ya it may be a shitty idea, but like ephemeral said, it would be nice to have a reason to get points in pub. maybe the idea as a whole sucks, perhaps we could just take a few parts of it and make a yearly tournament for duelers or pubers.

Comment

ya i didn't want to get into specifics, just wanted to present a weird idea

and ya exalt i was sounding that way on purpose so that you would get a good laf. ya it may be a shitty idea, but like ephemeral said, it would be nice to have a reason to get points in pub. maybe the idea as a whole sucks, perhaps we could just take a few parts of it and make a yearly tournament for duelers or pubers.
                  i mean it just sounded bad because your creating a tournament for pub squads where twd is also mixed in

it would just be bad competition and i duno, i dont think public and twd should be mixed together... ones a structured system and ones just a way to waste some time
                  RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

uhm, if you are hinting that my political views has something to do with this tournament, thats just being ridiculous...
                    f

Comment

Here’s how it works:

Vatican Assassin for Staff
                      1:Underground> WHO THE FUK ARE THE WITH, EASE, WITH EASE, EASE JR.

Yojo?> And I keep arguing that when everyone else sees his stuff 3/10 of a second ahead of him, factoring in the 3/8 of a second it takes your brain to tell your hand to move, it's nothing to do with skill =/

1:zidane> they dont wanna play vs. u dald
                      1:B4sERmaN75_X> dald youve been blacklisted by pirates gg

1:Ease> fucking stupid newbie sitting out of base for half an hour, then you finally come in and fire shots at 1000 mphl

Comment

Originally posted by Dack Falu View Post
                        uhm, if you are hinting that my political views has something to do with this tournament, thats just being ridiculous...
                        lol!
                        TWLD Season 8 Champion: -FINAL-
                        TWLB Season 9 Champion: -FINAL-

Sika> go in, burst and portal out © everett 2006 all rights reserved
                        Cross> feel like masturbating after seeing everett in javbirt
                        1:LF> my gf gives bad head, how do i fix this 1:pinkSTAR> give head to another guy 1:LF> k ur ignored
                        4:moot> cintra thinks he's as good as ev now so he's decided not to talk in public like him
                        1:broly> winning this title is like having sex

Comment

I love stats but not real big on this idea. Way to many possible bugs and problems. Plus the only people that will get into the world cup are the people that have the time to play a ton. Not the people that are actually good.

Good thought though.. A for effort.
                          Mootland Farmer> Yeah, I have bad toe fetish. Like a koala and gum leaves kinda fetish.

Mootland Farmer> Stop quoting me dammit

Thorkell <ZH>> Mootland Farmer> Stop quoting me dammit

Comment

Working...
                          X