No announcement yet.

ship sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bm2 file is the same as a bmp (bitmap) file. Just save it as a .bmp file then rename it to end with .bm2
    Maverick
    Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
    Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
    Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
    Subspace Statistics Administrator
    Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

cool, thanks!!

Comment

why?

Comment

Originally posted by King Missile View Post
          One more thing.
          When flying over another ship you can still clearly see the other ship but when you hit a wall you hit the wall as if your ship is in an invisible square and it is the square that hits the wall and not the ship itself.
          So how is it possible that you can see through this "square" and still see stuff that's underneath??
          If you're curious about how large the actual ship is compared to the graphic, download this modified version of the ship graphics:http://h1.ripway.com/dugwyler/ships.bm2

Copy your ships.bm2 to a different name and copy this file where it was. It'll display what is known as the ship hitbox -- the [default] space of a ship in which it can be hit, and the space it takes up. It aids in slipping through small, 2-tile spaces which are actually slightly larger than your average ship.

Comment

If you just make sure there's no "ships.bm2" then leaving your new one as a bmp will work fine.
            USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
            ---A few minutes later---
            9:cool koen> you scorereseted
            9:Kim> UM
            9:Kim> i didn't
            9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
            9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
            9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
            9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Snipe! View Post
              i dont understand how prodemevol works haha. isnt that changing the size of the ships, or what?
              In prodem evolve the ships all have different radius settings each tile is 8 pixels so the small cloak in pubs is 7 pixels to allow it to pass through single tile holes. In an arena config file you may adjust each ship as needed for the event so all those duelers that change thier ship1.bmp to a small image don't make themselves harder to hit as thier ship is still the same size to the server and everyone else playing.
              ?find dads revenge

Comment

I have looked everywhere on my computer but I can't find MS paint.

Any idea where I can download it? It's not on download.com I think.

Comment

Never mind about paint, i found it.

Now I wanted to make the ships.bmp image 10 times as big.
                  But this is almost undoable with paint.
                  So I was trying to make it bigger using Photoshop but for some reason that isn't working either, does anyone have any idea on how I can easily make it bigger?

Comment

Working...
                  X