Make TW pub less lame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bounty View Post
    Kinda off subject but it would be neat to see some sort of "pub league" with stuff like LT matches, Tube mining competitions, and Roof/Safe laming challenges.
    like, release a good LT duo in pub map and then another small team to kill it. keep track of how long it takes to kill the LT.

that would be neat

then like swap roles or something.

that one is actually a decent idea

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
      sure its a stupid idea, but here we got some guy i don't know who has gotten to the interest level that he wants to go to forums and post an idea. last thing i would want if i were to be in charge of keeping the tw population as high as possible would be for a staff member to be as rude as maverick was. and his joke wasn't even funny enough to be written. if you want to be an asshole staff member make sure you are at least funny.
      It depends on how you put the words. You could also say that Mav did the right thing by mocking someone making another whine post about LT's (those are pretty much the ones using the safes).
      Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Bring back pub hunt that was awesome. King Of The Hill settings are almost ready to go in this will bring a whole new edge to pubbing without affecting normal play. And hey even the egyptians changed the design of thier homes after a decade or 2 so maybe a new map would be nice or even kick ass.
        ?find dads revenge

Comment

Hooray, we're getting somewhere.
          Welcome to ?go lag, where there are no lag limits!

You have been put in spectator mode due to high latency (C2S)

Comment

who the fuck cares..

Learn the ships in pub the basics... join a squad and move on or am i missing the point.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroplane jelly View Post
              I'm just saying that sarcastic comments like that are completely uncalled for and don't give anyone anything to build on. The map that a new person to TW plays is a public map. Therefore shouldnt that public map be the best map within the zone? and making that map the best map in the zone would require to be built on by members of the community to make that map good for everyone that plays it, not just the people who created it. I'm sorry, I just found it unreasonable that a person on staff, especially one within the development team would dismiss an idea in the fashion that he did.
              Originally posted by Tone
              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
              Originally posted by the_paul
              Gargle battery acid fuckface
              Originally posted by Material Girl
              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by inaphyt View Post
                who the fuck cares..

Learn the ships in pub the basics... join a squad and move on or am i missing the point.
                you are missing the point
                Originally posted by paradise!
                pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
                1:Reaver> HALP
                1:Reaver> HELELP
                1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
                1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

i go to pub to fire one levi bomb for chuckles then leave.

Pub has no end and no winners and no point.

pathetic

Comment

Aero made a post that simply offered a suggestion/idea (although his thread title wasn't ideal).

He did not bitch, he was offering suggestions. It does not matter if the suggestions are valid or not, the guy bothered to offer a solution (which is more than what most people here do).

He was right, this thread epitomizes one of the biggest problems with TW.

Comment

So if I suggested that we moved the safes outside the circle of asteroids, or that we moved the fucking flag outside, you'd be happy to see me atleast trying to make suggestions?
                      Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

The idea is a good one. Its technologically impossible unfortunatly, unless TW in some random moment of madness switches to ASSS :<
                        Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                        Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                          RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE
                          If you can't take comments or sarcasm to your idea, you shouldn't post. Maybe it was "uncalled" for but it's only MY opinion, MY being agressive, MY mistake, NOT THAT OF STAFF.

I found the idea ridiculous: restricting another thing in TW with more bots because you don't like people having fun with levis and safe.
                          Maybe I shouldn't have replied the way I did but I'm not going to clean it up now. It's what I did and you can hate me for it.

I hope you people are done soon blowing this out of proportions (and totally ignoring the whole idea at the same time).

Thank you to the people who responded to the idea.
                          Bleh to people responding to my sarcasm.
                          Maverick
                          Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                          Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                          Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                          Subspace Statistics Administrator
                          Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

You fail to realise that everytime you do make a comment on these forums you automatically do not only represent yourself but also trenchwars staff. If you dont see this connection well then I hope your deans will talk to you and enlighten you why it is like this and why the rest of the trenchwars community see it but you dont.
                            If you say stupid things on forums or in game on a wellknown alias or even on your staff name it does bring down staff as a whole, not only you personally.
                            Originally posted by Tyson
                            There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                            Originally posted by HeavenSent
                            Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                            Originally posted by Izor
                            Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                              If you can't take comments or sarcasm to your idea, you shouldn't post. Maybe it was "uncalled" for but it's only MY opinion, MY being agressive, MY mistake, NOT THAT OF STAFF.

I found the idea ridiculous: restricting another thing in TW with more bots because you don't like people having fun with levis and safe.
                              Maybe I shouldn't have replied the way I did but I'm not going to clean it up now. It's what I did and you can hate me for it.

I hope you people are done soon blowing this out of proportions (and totally ignoring the whole idea at the same time).

Thank you to the people who responded to the idea.
                              Bleh to people responding to my sarcasm.
                              lol this is why staff sucks now

Comment

Burning out is a common thing for people who dedicate their time and efforts and are not appreciated.

Having people float a lame idea or suggestion can be frustrating.

Making matters worse are people who only bitch and don’t even bother to offer a suggestion or solution.

Given this, the proper response from a staffer is sarcasm? I understand that venting sometimes has to be done, but it should not be in these forums. And in the context of 'what is wrong with this game', it perhaps shouldn’t be done at all. And I understand the issue of trying to differentiate between a staff persona and an individual persona but Mantra is right, what you say and do in these forums reflects directly to the game, the community, and even it a person’s squad.

Comment

Working...
                                X