No announcement yet.

ASSS Zones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in fact, it seems the flag victory is the main cause of crashes...
    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

The main cause of crashes is that we are constantly adding new things and pushing the limits of the protocol, something I doubt Trench Wars would partake in as an ASSS zone.

Approaching a flag victory is when there is the most activity in the zone, so its more likely that somebody will do something to cause problems.

I remember a crash recently that was a result of somebody placing a field and dying, and then getting disconnected in the middle of respawning. This has obviously been fixed now, but just serves as an example of how it usually takes very uncommon circumstances like that for the zone to crash.
      USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

There are a huge number of advantages, far beyond those listed, as far as what can be done with a server you can modify. But I'm doubtful TW will migrate. Re: this, though:

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
        3) No more stupid help calls about starting base/wbduel/javduel/whatever. You can make a command so that the players can get captainship with a simple "?" command such as ?captain (or whatever you want) Which would reduce the need for so many useless staff members.
        This could be done pretty easily in TW already (though not as a ? command -- something in pubchat, though). It's just the case that various high-powered individuals have not wanted wbduel/javduel/base automated for players to start ... have not wanted this for many years and are fairly adamant about the decision. Could even vote on captains, that sort of thing. Any one of the bot dev team could code it tonight and have it in tomorrow -- it's just a policy thing. Of course, it would be nicer to have it all integrated into commands, the text of which would not display to other players, a feature only ASSS could provide unless one resorts to the rather roundabout method of PMs.

Comment

If I remember correctly, one of the main reasons TW doesn't use ASSS is because TWCore is written in Java. ASSS doesn't support Java as of yet. Like someone above me said, it would take a really long time to make all the modules work on ASSS like they should.
          Reclusion
          "That's what's so illogical about being a smurf. I mean, what's the point in living if you don't have a dick?"

Comment

i have an asss

Comment

Originally posted by Reclusion View Post
              If I remember correctly, one of the main reasons TW doesn't use ASSS is because TWCore is written in Java. ASSS doesn't support Java as of yet. Like someone above me said, it would take a really long time to make all the modules work on ASSS like they should.
              I'm willing to bet it will never actually support Java, particularly in the way that would make TWCore's bots run server-side. However, as far as I know there's nothing technically preventing you from running a bot core on ASSS -- it's just not the best way to do things. With only a few modifications, I'm willing to bet that almost every bot running on TW right now could also run on ASSS. Then we could begin the process of individually converting each to run server-side. Or, we might never actually convert them all, leaving some of the behemoths such as MatchBot to run as client emulators for the rest of their merry lives. From what I know ASSS still wouldn't know the difference, or at least have any reason to care, that a bot is emulating a sysop client.

Comment

Originally posted by Pummel View Post
                i have an asss
                you are an asss.
                now go back under your rock.
                The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

trenchwars will never go to ASSS. I think subgame is very capable of doing many things .
                  Last edited by Pure_Luck; 01-30-2008, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pure_Luck View Post
                    trenchwars will never go to ASSS. I think twcore is very capable of doing many things .
                    </thread>
                    2:Galaxy Turbo> Jab?
                    2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> what...
                    2:Galaxy Turbo> Who would be your dream woman?
                    2:Unliked <ER>> i bet kim
                    2:Galaxy Turbo> Lol...
                    2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> afk
                    --
                    1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> <-- Life
                    1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> GG

Comment

tw is fine.
                      do or die

Comment

i feel the real question missing from this thread is:

Does TW really need more ASSS?
                        Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                        Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

also, not dissing asss. i think its good. I just know priitk will never allow asss to run.

Comment

Odd thing is Lizard Fuel seems to have banned because of racism and not for stealing IPs from radio and using them to attack TW player's computers. But speaking on ASSS, I don't think subgame high on the list of problems TW is facing atm. TW should host an ASSS test zone though just to explore possibilities.
                            Bounty <ZH> - I just went from 3 to 39 bounty in one shot
                            Dr. Snyder - Why'd you attack the world trade center?

DaKo is out. 0 wins 10 losses

Comment

Originally posted by Pure_Luck View Post
                              trenchwars will never go to ASSS. I think subgame is very capable of doing many things .
                              It's capable of a good bit, but we've pretty much pushed the limit as to how far it can go. The way that bot cores run is essentially just one giagantic hack to begin with.

I think you're right about Priit never agreeing -- mostly because it would require him to do something, with his attachment to SS as it stands already being as limited as he can possibly make it. (Not blaming him for that decision, either.)

Comment

actually priitk has been more active lately than past years

Comment

Working...
                                X