Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trench Wars Situation - Server Hacked!

NOTE: Loose facts, some information may be incorrect.

A game in TWD was in progress with Value vs. Immolate. The player SyckPhreak (AKA: Squadless, a member of Value. This is what people claim who the alternate alias is) was saying how he was going to crash the TW server. No one thought much of this, so i checked it out after the multiple ?cheater's came in complaining about this threat.

I spoke to him, and he said he would crash Trench Wars. Everyone took it as a bluff. SyckPhreak started abusing ?cheater and started spamming profanities; He was warned for his actions.

Trench Wars started experiencing lag, and crashed numerious times (possibly between two or three times, dropping population downwards of 50-80 players).

He later begun talking to me, saying if i banned him he would hack Trench Wars furthermore, and make it so no one could play. After speaking with DoCk>, he was issued a ban for one week.

Two minutes later, after the ban - Trench Wars started experiencing troublesome lag. In upwards of 50% ploss per-player.

Turns out, SyckPhreak was spamming the Trench Wars router with 50MB+ of loose packet data. PriitK shortly later was informed, and was tracing him.

Trench Wars is now not operational, we believe PriitK shut it down to save on costs of the extra bandwidth moving throughout the server.

If you would like to contribute and help pay for the damage done, and some of the fee's to help out the Trench Wars community, you're more than welcome. Please visit http://www.trenchwars.org and visit the Donation link for more information.

Once this problem is solved, Trench Wars should be reactivated.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

NOTE: Other zones may be effected by this too. Shortly after this attack on Trench Wars, various other zones on SSCX/SSCE/SSCU/SSCT were experiecing the same problems. If your zone is currently not available, please wait until further information on this topic is available, or keep refreshing your Zone List.

-Strike
    Trench Wars Moderator
    Last edited by Strike; 03-30-2003, 02:24 AM.
    -Cyber Strike
    Former TW SMod

Okie dokie

Comment

K.... but how will you stop him from doing this again? Just block his IP address, if that's possible?
      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

G'damn terrorists

Today we focus on Squadless, but the battle is broader. Every squad has a choice to make. In this conflict, there is no neutral ground. If any squad sponsors the outlaws and laggers of innocents, they have become outlaws and laggers, themselves. And they will take that lonely path at their own peril.

Thank you. May God continue to bless Trench Wars.
        Spider
        Formerly EEK! A Spider!
        Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

..huh?

Comment

will these actions by squadless result in him being banned for life? this is very serious, I vote that he should be.
            Dsin> moi
            Kian> moi
            Dsin> wanna hear good news kian?
            Kian> I GOT MY LICENSE TODAY
            Kian> ok ur turn

Comment

Squadless is such a loser, I'd just like to know if anyone knows him in real life and if you'd happen to do me a favor and KICK HIS NERDY WHITE ASS :eek:
              Indoleamines such as LSD work as partial agonists at 5-HT2A receptors, mediating enhancement of nonsynchronous, late components of glutamatergic excitatory postsynaptic potentials at apical dendrites of layer V cortical pyramidal cells in the noradrenergic locus coeruleus and the cerebral cortex to produce higher-level cognitive, perceptual, and affective distortions.

Comment

Didn't he use a DoS attack?
                Those things suck major ass and are a pain to fix
                Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Two thumbs up

There are days when our fellow players do not hear news about the lag. There's never a day when I do not learn of another lagger, or receive reports of lagging in progress, or give an order in this zone-wide war against a scattered network of lagasses. The war goes on, and we are winning.

Trench Wars players are a lag-free people, who know that freedom from lag is the right of every person and the future of every zone. The low pings we prize are not Trench War's gift to our players, it is PriitK's gift to SubSpace.

Thank you. May God continue to bless Trench Wars.
                  Last edited by Spider; 03-29-2003, 11:53 PM.
                  Spider
                  Formerly EEK! A Spider!
                  Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

lol.. i was clueless about that post before for a few seconds .. hehe im so slow -.- i thought i was in a diff thread . sorry!

Comment

what a dick, i hope priitk murders him

Comment

Originally posted by Puppet*Master
                        what a dick, i hope priitk murders him
                        I second that

Comment

I'm speechless... I hope he never will be able to log on to TW again
                          Discussing on internet is like paralympics.
                          Even if you win you're still retarded

Comment

agreed n0ah
                            Dsin> moi
                            Kian> moi
                            Dsin> wanna hear good news kian?
                            Kian> I GOT MY LICENSE TODAY
                            Kian> ok ur turn

Comment

I don't think he knew this was a federal offence.

I hope you can spare 10k or so Squadless, gl!

Comment

Working...
                              X