What is "Your" Maximum Resolution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is "Your" Maximum Resolution?

What is the Maximum Resolution that your Monitor/Graphics Card will allow you to play at? Mine is 1680x1050

640x480

800x600

848x480

960x600

1024x768

1152x864

1280x800

1280x960

1280x1024

1360x768

1440x900

1600x1000

1650x1050
    OBama/Biden 08

If you are trying to prove a point here, try to realize that the people on this forum aren't a cross section of the TW playerbase. Also, maximum resolution is hardly the one that plays best on every screen.

That said, mine is 1024 since I'm limited by my laptop. If it would be able to do 1280 it would look pretty sad too with the diagonal available.
    "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

1920x1200

my 15 inch laptop monitor has more pixels than my former roommate's 24 inch lcd screen
      USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

1920 x 1080

RAZE DA MAX RESILUSHUN 2 THIS PLOZ
        TWLD CHAMP x1 Fierce (Benched 100%)
        WORKOUT TITLES:

BENCH MAX: I don't sit on benches; I can't get back up
        CURL MAX: An entire ham
        SQUAT MAX: 566lbs
        DEADLIFT MAX: 566lbs
        WEIGHT: 566lbs HEIGHT: 5'1" (Medically impossible, according to Discovery Channel)
        BODYFAT:97%
        TIME SINCE FIRST WORKOUT EVER: Whatout?

Comment

1680x1050

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt View Post
            1920x1200

my 15 inch laptop monitor has more pixels than my former roommate's 24 inch lcd screen
            I was startled to find out that our former 61" tv ran at 1024x768.. Was still quite a joy to play.
            2:Galaxy Turbo> Jab?
            2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> what...
            2:Galaxy Turbo> Who would be your dream woman?
            2:Unliked <ER>> i bet kim
            2:Galaxy Turbo> Lol...
            2:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> afk
            --
            1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> <-- Life
            1:TWDevChat2> JabJabJab> GG

Comment

1920x1200

1280x1024 is still best for TW as a max, asking for max res instead of what size your monitor is or if it's widescreen isn't going to change the answer on if they are raising the cap or not in TW.

This post reminds me of that comcast digital voice commercial where they call and ask the same thing but using digital voice expecting a different answer :P

Comment

Originally posted by Jack View Post
                1920x1200

1280x1024 is still best for TW as a max, asking for max res instead of what size your monitor is or if it's widescreen isn't going to change the answer on if they are raising the cap or not in TW.

This post reminds me of that comcast digital voice commercial where they call and ask the same thing but using digital voice expecting a different answer :P

Your exactly right :P 1280x1024 is the best resolution for TW while using a CRT Monitor. Not for a widescreen. The reason I made this thread is obvious, it's to show that most of TW can play on a resolution higher than 1280x1024. So upping the cap won't hurt a bit. It would infact make things more interesting.
                OBama/Biden 08

Comment

1280x1024
                  thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Survivor View Post
                    Your exactly right :P 1280x1024 is the best resolution for TW while using a CRT Monitor. Not for a widescreen. The reason I made this thread is obvious, it's to show that most of TW can play on a resolution higher than 1280x1024. So upping the cap won't hurt a bit. It would infact make things more interesting.
                    It would hurt changing to widescreen though, as we've been discussing in the other 2 posts regarding monitor sizes the fact that you can see more from side to side on the widescreen res even if it's less overall pixels is an advantage in competitive twlj and twld.

Again I can go to an extremely large res and I'm still voting no to the res change and yes I have a widescreen. Anyone who played then and now and was competitive is going to agree. The game being on an equal playing field for all is much more important than those of us who want to use a larger res to our advantage.

Comment

Yes, 1440 would be more view from side to side... but it would also be less from top to bottom.. I have been playing on 1280x768 which is even less pixels, just so I don't have an elongated ship and graphics. Why can't the crt's play on 1440 and enjoy fuzzy graphics like we have been accustom to? There seems to be less of them.
                      Indulgence

Comment

640x480

please lower the res cap so i'm not at such a huge disadvantage. fuck these people and their 21st century monitors. : (
                        Originally posted by Tone
                        It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                        Originally posted by the_paul
                        Gargle battery acid fuckface
                        Originally posted by Material Girl
                        I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

1280x1024
                          8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                          8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                          8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                          8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                          8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                          8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Aye overall it is less pixels but due to many factors it's much easier to dodge shots generally from side to side, just watch some TWJD or TWDDs and actually pay attention to how some of the good players dodge a majority of their shots and you'll be able to see what I'm talking about. It's more of an advantage to have 200 more pixels on the side and lose a bit overall.

Feel free to keep supporting the changing of res, I have a widescreen as well and can switch over and abuse the res much like I did prior to the resolution restriction in TW.

I'm just trying to give an example of how much res can make a difference and why I feel it would be unhealthy for the community from my own personal experience with the first resolution change. It feels like the majority of people who are for changing the restrictions haven't experienced competitive play prior to res restriction, honestly I feel like more people would understand where I'm coming from if they did. Probably just not posting.

Having a higher res even if small has an extremely large impact on how good you're going to do on average. Even now someone on 1024 res compared to 1280 res on the side to side battles which as I pointed out before is utilized more is at a huge disadvantage. The difference from the widescreen 1400's compared to 1280 is the same impact pixel wise, roughly 200.

I'm sure many other people experienced the same thing but I was extremely impacted by resolution and know first hand the advantage it creates. Prior to the resolution restriction I was running 1900 res when the majority was nowhere near to that and it directly impacted how good I appeared. Even people on 1600 res would be at a disadvantage if I wanted to be lame and stay right out of range of there screen but still see them on mine. You can do the same with 1400 vs. 1280.

I was a great warbird then and sadly in my opinion just because of the resolution I had. Once the restriction was removed I struggled to get back to normal and soon found I wasn't able too. For years I blamed it on just not having as much time to play since I had a job, lived with girlfriend and too many bills to play and I was better in high school because I just played way too much subspace. Once I stopped being stubborn I realized I was making excuses just so I could blame it on something else in hope that staff would remove the res restriction. Obviously a stupid reason since one person complaining does nothing.

Many of you probably don't know me or even care what I say but for those who do and knew me prior to the restriction the difference in how good I am is drastic, I'm a complete pile of shit now in comparison. I'm not the only one who experienced this either, many warbirds from that time declined and some adapted better than I have obviously. Resolution impacts the game and it can't be denied, yes even more than your fuzzy widescreen graphics.

Everyone keeps saying that our restriction is unhealthy for the population, I think it was the best thing that happened to it in terms of creating competition and equaling the playing field. I should be all for the restriction being lifted due to how it impacted me but I'm not, the community is more important than what this fucking pile of shit who rambles too much thinks.

Cya in TW my friends.

Comment

2560 x 1600
                              3:Wax> ard and i snapchat all the time
                              3:Wax> we play virtually tummysticks
                              3:i.d.> da fk is that?
                              3:Ardour> we basically are each others personal psychologist
                              3:Shadowmere> i.d., Wax breaks keyboards playing SubSpace. Best not ask him what anything is.
                              3:Wax> Tummy sticks is the situation, commonly referred to as a game, in which two erect men cuddle closely and face-to-face causing their two erect penises, or sticks, to push upwards between their stomachs, or tummys.
                              3:Wax> Sticks combine with tummys, hence the name "tummy sticks."
                              3:Shadowmere> LOL
                              3:i.d.> Oddly, that's close to what I thought it was...

Best> I never cooked a day in my life

Deft> beat by a guy who plays ss on his cellphone
                              Shadowmere> Rofl
                              Up in ya !> With his feet
                              Deft> no kidding, redefining l44t
                              Up in ya !> l44t feet
                              Deft> l44t f44t*
                              Up in ya !> Twinkle toes
                              Deft> he had l33t f33t but he practiced

Comment

Working...
                              X