Elim Tactics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elim Tactics?

This tread is for any newbie, pro, lamer... you name it this is the tread for ya.

Ok so here is my question:

Guys/Gals tell me is it better to stray and run or just rush and fight close? and why?

Please I want some discussion and yes as the Title says In elim.

Oh yeah I want to know too what kinda settings you guys play like: star's off, transparent map? and things like that.

Thanks in advance.
    -Always asking the newbie questions.
    Star Taxi

Transparent Map
    Stars Off
    Large Radar On
    Start at straying if theres a lot of players
    then once people start getting out.. start rushing

just play smart avoid stupid deaths
    don't play around spawn.. always keep moving etc
    in the beginning is where you will get most of your kills because theres going to be the most newbies on then.. so get your kills then

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
    1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
    1:Freeze> LOL FAR
    ---
    5:waven> freeze
    5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
    5:waven> you state your business with sanji
    5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
    5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
    5:waven> and i will talk to ease
    5:Freeze> LOL
    5:waven> that's how things work around here
    --
    1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

its elim, anything goes, if you whine about being spawned or w/e go back to pub and try again

and i have all gfx off except stars...if i turn stars off its like continuum goes into slow-mo mode and i cant play at all lol...wierd and small radar

Comment

If you wanna win, pace yourself to have the most deaths at the end to finish off whoever is 1v1 you.

If you just want kills, vulch whoever you see.

And I'm throwing this in the TW section
        DELETED

Comment

Large Radar (Transparent), Stars on, Pretty much snipe/stray, depends who I meet,

Just try and find your own style and practice it
          https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
          1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
          1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
          1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
          1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
          1:soild>they can say what they like
          1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
          1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Small radar trans.
            Stars On
            Chat Off - cant type and play at the same time
            Sound off

Stay away from very center at start, its a breeding ground for vulch suiciders
            Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
            2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
            2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

shoot newbies.
              4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
              4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
              4:Geio> DEEZ?
              4:Geio> LOLOL
              4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
              4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
              4:spirit> LOL
              4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
              4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Everyone above me except BigKingScoop are terrible warbirds whose advise shouldn't even be considered.
                There is no 'best' way to play elim. Just find your strengths and use them.
                1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
                1:Cower> Sword
                1:Kthx> ok
                1:Cower> Axe
                1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
                1:Cower> ?
                1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

i play from spec...

undefeated
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Star Taxi View Post

Guys/Gals tell me is it better to stray and run or just rush and fight close? and why?

Elim Rules found at A1: No teaming , Do no refuse to fight and Your vote only counts once.

so there's your answer rush all game.
                    1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                    JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                    1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                    http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

There are basically two good strategies that work for me:
                      One is to go for all the kills you can get. This usually involves meeting people dead on, on screen fighting using rush techniques and up-down sidedodging to gain the upper hand. This techniques usually ends up at 10 deaths but gives you a good shot at being MVP.

The other technique is to play it safe: don't approach people that you consider worse than yourself but might still get you with a lucky shot close up. Take enough distance so that you can dodge any shot that would land and keep fighting till you win. Prevent getting crossfired, move around one of the two opponents so HE is in the centre while still making sure you don't align perfectly catching strays meant for the middle person.
                      This is pretty much a strategy that gets me in the top 3 when playing seriously, but has the drawback of looking more pussy (e.g. 7-3 instead of 17-10 with the top strategy).

Edit, I also use bigbullets GFX as the bullets are stock kinda similar looking to those things in the background and I don't always notice em in time (esp strays I am not expecting). For the rest transparant everything is a must.
                      "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

when you rush, try not to do it like 95% of the other people playing elim do it. ie ward and scoop, whose style heavily relies on their opponents to miss while they never dodge.
                        TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Vulch, Vulch, Vulch, and Spawn

Look on your radar watching for 2 people 2 engage each other. Wait for 1 of those people to shoot or be at low NRG then Vulch. Racka and Kthx showed me a while ago how to sideways rush, I use that aswell.

Use big bullets and aim ships
                          OBama/Biden 08

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                            when you rush, try not to do it like 95% of the other people playing elim do it. ie ward and scoop, whose style heavily relies on their opponents to miss while they never dodge.
                            obvious trolling.

btw get good jones :turned:
                            4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                            4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                            4:Geio> DEEZ?
                            4:Geio> LOLOL
                            4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                            4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                            4:spirit> LOL
                            4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                            4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

I use to play a little bit a few years ago. Lately for the past while I've been playing quite a bit in elim.

I guess I could say something about the good guys I notice, Racka and Ward being two of them, though I don't want to belittle any other good player because there are many and if I leave any out that I shouldn't have, it is only because I am ignorant or forgetful.

Anyway, those two players at least, as they play, have no compassion to hold them back and so will take any advantage which arises for them. They also have an ability to know where you are flying to when you are dodging so that they can put a bullet there, I guess this comes from experience. They also seem to have a good mind on both the screen and the radar even when they are not closely engaged with another player. This keeps them very aware of who is where and they interpret everything and thereby know where the bullets are likely going to come from and can keep their concentration on those spots so that they are rarely ever hit by long shots. They also pull no punches in enraging players with insults so that those opponents pay attention to defending their honour and attacking back verbally rather than defending and attacking the relevant ships, I guess this is related to their lack of compassion. Not to say they have no actual compassion as people, just not to other competitors when they are in competition which is, of course, the only space in which I see them. As for keeping a distance and rushing, they employ both depending on the circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                              X