Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New idea for Public arena to get more new players to the zone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distension
    Whos got the crack!?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobyz View Post
      Distension
      Distension is for old players to keep them still addicted to the game.

It's nice that i've got only positive feedback from this idea.
      Now all we need is higher staff to change pub I wonder how long it will take :P
      SSCU Trench Wars Staff:
      Local Bang Op -> Retired

Comment

The problem is we might have to modify the existing base structure beyond resembling anything of a trench warfare design. Check out some 30-40+ sub-arena base events, they lag like hell, people jumping all over the place. I don't know if that would be the same result here or not but I guess it's worth a try.

It might work out because like Connection said not everyone equally cares for Basing, Levi-terring or Dueling. Everyone does pretty much what they want. We only promote Basing/Flagging in pub because it is traditionally what the public arenas are about.

Comment

No offense but like many others before you, you just speak the obvious.
          Didn't I said that Pub 0 is dead in the thread where moot said he quit working on it?

The pure pub setting did what you say. There was HUGE amount of action inside the flag room when both teams fought for something. Sure you could just walk around below the base and shoot as Warbird (first ship people usually start with), but the real fun was inside the base where you actually have GOAL for killing people.

Not to mention that people get MVP and Team leader and will ask themselves: "Hey? how can I be MVP too?" and there you go, a guy learn to attach the terrier and shoot some stuff inside the flag room and actually have a GOAL for what he is playing for (I respect tho the goal of having kills as much as possible, but for newbies - they wont have most kills and they will get bored).

Seeing public 0 now just make you wonder what so good about this zone? It never was Pub arena (maybe in the 90s, but come on), It has been always the events. The problem is that trench wars is old, and after many years, people understood its problematic settings. The base is not fitting to the game play with the correct ship settings. You will usually see few warbirds fly around the flag and shoot each other or Levs\Levterrs that kill everything, Enemy or not. Its just some kind of death match gameplay, but very slow one.

People scream Distension but forget its not really good game for newbies. Once the old players will level fast, new people will have big problem catching up and they will be desperate. Not to mention the bot dealing (yes, !help is good, but no one really have the will to start busy himself with it. They just want to play). The only thing that is good about Distension is that it offers some new way of ship balance and abilities. So the game, even tho you need to upgrade your ship, offer some new balance for "capture the flag" kind of game, different from what we saw so far in Pubs or go base.

The map, if you want action, should be smaller. You could remove the whole structure of base and leave only a closed small arena of asteroids and people will have fun shooting each other inside. Or make few small bases (very small) with flags in them so that people will get points by holding them and there will be a lot of scattering and maybe a bit more teaming (think about it as combination between EG and TW). I could see some settings changes in Levis, but maybe it is too classic to do.

Comment

How about Connection stops abusing staff powers first. That way we can keep some of the players we already have.
            Bounty <ZH> - I just went from 3 to 39 bounty in one shot
            Dr. Snyder - Why'd you attack the world trade center?

DaKo is out. 0 wins 10 losses

Comment

agreed. increase the size of PUB

AND BRING BACK OLD PUB!

Comment

Lets raise things up a little?
                SSCU Trench Wars Staff:
                Local Bang Op -> Retired

Comment

lets do this already, to answer the spawning in the middle problem - create 2 spawn zones either side of the map, one for freq 0 the other for freq 1.
                  TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                  TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                  TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                  TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                  TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

good idea connection

maybe a pub with killing sprees? So when you get that streak of 20 30+ it would be great fun
                    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Great Idea

But I really doubt it will happen because of whatever reason the staff are too busy with other things to dedicate their time to this, or maybe they are too lazy i do not know. But i think it is a great idea and would love to see it put into action
                      5:Melanoma> so I kinda cheated on my gf yesterday
                      5:Melanoma> but I was drunk so it doesnt count right
                      5:Oops> doesnt count if ur sober just so long as u dont get caught
                      5:Melanoma> aight cool
                      5:Melanoma> + it was with a dude
                      5:Oops> what?
                      5:Melanoma> ye
                      5:Oops> you serious?
                      5:Melanoma> innocent kissing
                      5:Melanoma> fu
                      5:Melanoma> I WAS DRUNK
                      5:squallFF8> this is akward

Comment

I really think we should start doing something? And fast.
                        https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                        1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                        1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                        1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                        1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                        1:soild>they can say what they like
                        1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                        1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

I agree. I like this idea very much. Also, I had same kind of experience from starting the game in pub 36 as connection. ACTION. KILLS DEATHS. Not base or flagtime.
                          Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                          Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                          Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                          Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                          Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by Bobyz View Post
                            Distension
                            this
                            The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                            SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

You know... out of the 1000 or so players who play this game, im sure one of us get on Rush Limbaugh's program one day and talk about how Liberalists banned me from www.trenchwars.org a well known leftist blog because I was a conservative.. how many millions would hear it?
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                              X