Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basing World Cup.

Introduction
    For those who don't know, Basing World Cup is a SSCU Trench Wars Basing Cup. Teams are limited based on geographical positioning in the world. Certain regions in the world may be divided or combined together in order to balance the population, experience and competitiveness of the Cup.

What is going on?
    Basing World Cup is in the process of scheduling for 2008. The population decline of Trench Wars is shockingly significant, however the Basing World Cup Administration will organize and operate to the best of its ability. Alphabetically, the Administration thus far consists of:

Basing World Cup Administration

Head Coordinators:
    dald <ER>
    MBananas <ER>

Supervisors:
    cool koen
    Dameon Angell
    Falk
    Left_Eye

Who is Involved?

There have been 8 nominated Teams (Regions and/or divisions of countries) that will be invited to participate in this event.

These teams are as follows.

1) Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
    2) Europe (non Benelux Countries)
    3) Western U.S
    4) Eastern U.S
    5) Canada
    6) Finland
    7) UK + Ireland
    8) Rest of the World (including Russia)

Possible changes in the Teams.
    We're testing out the demographics in different areas to see who we have and from where for the best competition. The regions can and probably will change the closer we get to the finalization of Basing World Cup.

Distinction of Teams.
    If you are unsure what category you may apply for (Western/Eastern teams), follow the guide of these maps:

For Europeans. (non Benelux Countries) [map added soon]

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

For Western and Eastern Americans.
    [map updated soon]

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

For Canadians. [map added soon]

Last edited by Daldur; 04-12-2008, 12:37 PM.
    1:Underground> WHO THE FUK ARE THE WITH, EASE, WITH EASE, EASE JR.

Yojo?> And I keep arguing that when everyone else sees his stuff 3/10 of a second ahead of him, factoring in the 3/8 of a second it takes your brain to tell your hand to move, it's nothing to do with skill =/

1:zidane> they dont wanna play vs. u dald
    1:B4sERmaN75_X> dald youve been blacklisted by pirates gg

1:Ease> fucking stupid newbie sitting out of base for half an hour, then you finally come in and fire shots at 1000 mphl

Basing World Cup.

For UK and Ireland [map updated soon]

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

For Rest of the World

Nominate Today!

The time to nominate for Basing World Cup has begun, as of now we are asking players to reply to this post with their interests in the matter.

How to Register?

Please respond using the following syntax, by copying and pasting this into a reply:

Code:
    In-game Nickname:
    Name and Number of Region:
    (refer to first post)
    Willingness to Captain (yes/no):

For example, if I were to fill it out, it would look like this:

In-game Nickname:
    dald <ER>
    Name and Number of Region: Rest of the World (8)
    (refer to first post)
    Willingness to Captain (yes/no): No

With Regards to Captainship of a Team:

If you wish to nominate yourself to Captain your respective region, your name will be taken into consideration when Captain(s) are chosen.
    The Basing World Cup Coordinators and Supervisors will elect the Captain(s) which seem most appropriate for handling the position.

When is this going to happen?(added later)

Basing World Cup has been projected to begin somewhere in the next few months or so. There has been no exact date set regarding its initiation for 2008.

What are the Rules?(added later)

The rules for Basing World Cup will be posted closer to its actual date, however they will be similar to previous seasons.

With Regards to Lag Limits:

If the referee sees someone lagging to where it's giving them and their team an unfair advantage they'd be asked to be subbed first. If not, then they will be specced. The Lag Limits will be similar to those of TWLB.

Problems?/Questions?/Concerns?

If you have any issues regarding Basing World Cup. Please feel free to ?message dald <ER> or ?message MBananas <ER> with any questions you need answering.

P.S. This post will be updated and/or edited with changes when appropriate

Code:
    Players Signed up so far:
    1) Benelux: bram,gazo,cool koen,Dutch Baser,Flub,Galleleo,Enf,Major Crisis,Kabale und Liebe,I, robot,Vergilius,Ejaculator,Barton,Zerzera,Trouper,Pasta <ER>,Nycle,PjOtTeR,RednaZ,M_M God,superstar-PROkiller,DephO,Sumpson,Ed,DrJeeves,incure,Raples,Chino,Leitz
    2) Canada Team 1: Royst,Flibb,Dead_rain,FiftySeven,Meddi,RageRitual,Soup du Jour,Grandmastahs,Sir Chrono,Spidercorp,Newbxownage,Singer,Randle,Anidalife,Spider,Marge,Airship,Fludd,El_Mariachi,Spaceship,Stout,Kolar,stormwick,Styles P,Alore
    3) West U.S: Jack,Vatican Assassin,WingZero,Dameon Angell,phata$$,Doobs,fit of rage,humidity,the_paul,MirrorriM,Bobyz,style,Heroin Bob,PlasticJesus,Necromotic,die hard,USOi,jngy slate,darck,project,Peace_Maker,goodLIFE,Astrogirl,Exalt,Airship,Steiger,Ravage,Creed,DragonTamer!,SCARCE,syst3m kill3r,Milosh,P0LLUX,Desai
    4) East U.S: Mo,Zeebu,megaman89,Whispus,renzi,tj hazuki,AF2NightRaptor,Very Invisible,ODERus Urungus,Bugman,Burnt,Hate The Fake,Lizard Fuel,broofus,Saline,Confluence,concealed,Smack,grouch,HYPOCRIT,a2m,delta,D1st0rt,Cloth,Moltenrock,iHigh,Legionair,Godspeed,Valcrist,GUNiT,Fooly Cooly,RoboTeddy,scoop, WorstPlayerEver,Chief Utsav,Unabled,MCLARENF1B0I,Cripple,STOMPA,Menomena,Sicken,Deverse,grandmastahs,blowtorch,veloce,riske,voth,Tsumetai,Lunch3,Creature,Cranium,urmsghere.,s$niperKill,zhou,Fued,darza,Wax,Solace,Disorder,bioture,Adoni,Paradise,fire phoenix,Hsx,Cig Smoke,DankNuggets,JAMAL,Aquatiq
    5) Canada Team 2: SquallFF8,Hellkite,Mess,Eelam,Cremation,Poxy,Project Dragon,Downfall,Stabwound,Glavitik,Wazit,Phiz,Cops,Falk,i.d.,Requiem,Phat Farmers,Arse <ZH>,Wage,Rusher,Pummel,Whir,H.M.S. Stargazer,2kill,Bone Thug
    X) Canada: > Kira_Yamato~,Versa,Juhndi,Kingmaker,Assis,Cypre,OK
    6) Finland: dreamwin,Ara,cuji,Melanoma,sieni,Soilderz,Zizzo <ER>,Displaced,Logain,Valker <ZH>,Da1andonly,Shadowmere,Bamba,Micke,pearls,Zizu,Connection,Zyclon,spikey,Sakke1,Suede,paska,Havu,Perunalinko,Mikkiz,Viiru,The Unliked One...,JeBu,Sweeper,tim,Zung,rockster,Gmail,Weanie,Marchello,Eleven
    7) UK + Ireland: Attacks,Endangered,Inaphyt,Pressure Drop,British,Ricko,Crunchy Nut,laureth,Unrealistic,Wil,Flion,Ardour,ronny,Slicer,Cumulonimbus,Vys,Nightfir3,Rivel,Sodomizer,Tresmius,DJSlayer,Galaxy Turbo,TildeStar,MHz,Aikonia,krusty123
    8) ROTW: dald <ER>,A.J,Sokomoko,FarScape,MBananas <ER>,Art of Destruction,JBueno <ZH>,Tagmor,Voltes25,midoent,sCHOPe,skullspace,pengsdf,CHARS!,Elven,Mega Newbie,h2o60,Soja,Dark Hell,Burzum,Erias,Spawnisen,CrvenBan,Herik,Stayon,kess,tonjo,skatarius,Sal,Zogg,Ksv,Wah!!,FunkPunk

Last edited by Daldur; 04-26-2008, 10:17 PM.

Yojo?> And I keep arguing that when everyone else sees his stuff 3/10 of a second ahead of him, factoring in the 3/8 of a second it takes your brain to tell your hand to move, it's nothing to do with skill =/

1:Ease> fucking stupid newbie sitting out of base for half an hour, then you finally come in and fire shots at 1000 mphl

Comment

In-game Nickname: A.J
      Name and Number of Region: Rest of the World (8)
      Willingness to Captain (yes/no): Yes!

Gooooooooooooooo ROTW! B)
      Welcome to ?go lag, where there are no lag limits!

You have been put in spectator mode due to high latency (C2S)

Comment

what is the lag limits in this because if you look closely at ROTW it includes (just an observation) the countries and regions that have issues with lag.
        ?find dads revenge

Comment

Well, we will have the unspoken/unwritten "Aussie Rule" in effect of course. But there are certain limits to everything. We won't let someone rush thru 5 spiders and 2 sharks, tanking everything and then acting like nothings wrong.

Things will be within reason.
          DELETED

Comment

<3 da
            Welcome to ?go lag, where there are no lag limits!

You have been put in spectator mode due to high latency (C2S)

Comment

In-game Nickname: dreamwin
              Name and Number of Region: Finland!
              Willingness to Captain (yes/no): yes
              Last edited by Dreamwin; 04-09-2008, 12:10 PM.
              Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
              Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
              Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
              Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
              Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
              Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
              Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

here's why this is shit:

you split up europe completely wrong. benelux is a power house. giving them a couple swedes and maybe some portuguese motherfuckers is only making them have a stronger base. make the rest of europe a team and then benelux by themselves or some shit.

western canada's going to fail hard. i know that there are a couple newer basers who are from western canada (dead_rain off the top of my head (if anyone wants his mailing address, sin, and eye-colour pm me)), but i seriously doubt that that shit'll go smoothly. i mean, the last time i didn't end up making the game and we had sal and ignominy (both west usa) on our team.

regardless i'd be down for western canada and i'll cap it if nobody else wants to.
                Originally posted by turmio
                jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                Originally posted by grand
                I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

In-game Nickname: Spider
                  Name and Number of Region: Western Canada (5)
                  Willingness to Captain (yes/no): no But I'm really good at it, just ask anyone.
                  Spider
                  Formerly EEK! A Spider!
                  Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

What newbie decided on these teams and didn't make the DEFENDING CHAMPIONS FOR 3 BWC'S STRAIGHT a team on it's own?

Where the fuck is the Benelux?

UK + Ireland? Are you kidding, they struggled to show 8 every BWC so far. Put them with Western Europe (which basically would be UK + Sweden).

Really fucking stupid.

edit: Also what the fuck is the team 'Eastern Europe'? How many people from Eastern Europe apart from Finland (who aren't even considered Eastern European by anyone) do you think play this game? And those two Russians who I've never seen, would probably fit in better with ROTW anyway than being outcasts on a Finnish team.
                    You do realise that people are attracted to BWC because they can play for their country, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram View Post
                      What newbie decided on these teams and didn't make the DEFENDING CHAMPIONS FOR 3 BWC'S STRAIGHT a team on it's own?

Where the fuck is the Benelux?

UK + Ireland? Are you kidding, they struggled to show 8 every BWC so far. Put them with Western Europe (which basically would be UK + Sweden).

Really fucking stupid.

edit: Also what the fuck is the team 'Eastern Europe'? How many people from Eastern Europe apart from Finland (who aren't even considered Eastern European by anyone) do you think play this game? And those two Russians who I've never seen, would probably fit in better with ROTW anyway than being outcasts on a Finnish team.
                      You do realise that people are attracted to BWC because they can play for their country, right?
                      We're testing out the demographics in different areas to see who we have and from where for the best competition. The regions can and probably will change the closer we get to the finalization of Basing World Cup.

Comment

In-game Nickname: Bram
                        Name and Number of Region: Benelux (1)
                        Willingness to Captain (yes/no): Yes, I think we should stick to the tradition of this event, and let Sumpson cap again with me and someone else as assistants (Trouper? Zerz? (though I think Zerz hates Sumpson for some reason or vice versa?!).. Trouper would probably be most neutral since he both has a BC and a Diso-heart )

ps. unwillingly to play for anything but Benelux!

Comment

Originally posted by Dald
                          Possible changes in the Teams.
                          Read up Dabram.

What I will tell you, though, is that Benelux is going to be in there, but we wanted to figure out how to balance the other teams out first so we don't have a Benelux Blowout once again, but have some close competition.

I was told Jeen wanted a Western and Eastern Canada.

I wasn't sure how to divide up the Eurasian territories, though. I can do this which would work better for the raging asshole, ie: Dabram.

1) Europe (non Benelux Countries)
                          2) Benelux (Belgum, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
                          3) Western U.S
                          4) Eastern U.S
                          5) Western Canada
                          6) Eastern Canada
                          7) UK + Ireland
                          8) Rest of the World. Adding Russia
                          DELETED

Comment

Basing World Cup.

It's evidently clear that previous Benelux players wish to play with the same people to take home the title. However look at it from another perspective, competitiveness. We are trying to provide a more 'even' battlefield by distributing the top basers into different teams. Saying that, this post is only a rough draft, as finalization of the event is well-off. Please keep in mind that we are not trying to destroy reputation or tradition, but more along the lines of creating a more enjoyable, less 1-sided BWC.

Comment

I'd say let them stay, but if they keep up this streak much longer and start blowing out the competition, we'll have to retire them into the "hall of fame" or something.
                              DELETED

Comment

Working...
                              X