Staff Need To Be Friendlier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staff Need To Be Friendlier

With the eventbot and help are, you rarely get a personal touch when dealing with staff. What i think would be good is if it was a requirement for all staff to host a min of 5 games a month. Smods Deans ect. This way new players can see everyone in the staffing community and not just the front lines. This is just a way for all staff to interact with new players.
    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

I dont really see reason for higher staff to host if they dont want to. Their job is to do something else, ERs are here for hosting. If everyone does their own job things will go smoothly.

Comment

ERs for the most part do a good job, im just offering a way the new people can get to know upper staff.
      Devest.proboards.com

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

Comment

I try to be friendly! Been quite inactive this month though. Have uni exams in 2 weeks :fear:
        Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
        Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

I dont think thsoe REALLY new ones care who the deans are..or?
          https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
          1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
          1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
          1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
          1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
          1:soild>they can say what they like
          1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
          1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

Not about caring, but getting to know, most people only experience upper staff when they get in trouble, never for anything outside of this.
            Devest.proboards.com

Creator/Co-Creator of:

Comment

I try and remain friendly to most players, unless I'm cussed out and called everything in the book. I have only hosted a few times as <ZH> and skipped the <ER> spot (hosting was never my passion). And if all mods hosted it kinda advertises who the mods all are, having at least some ananimity is a plus. :P
              sigpic

Comment

It's a two way street. Most players do not reach out to us because they think they will be ignored or wasting their time. Qan went to the trouble of creating a system to solve that very problem (later failing for being under-used). The current Super Moderators not doing something highly specific like league operations, ban review, bot development ect.. are very productive in terms of taking help/cheater calls.

Most of them unlike me are here to manage those parts of the zone which require a lot more attention then I would peg the current ZH/ER minimum quota to. I'm open to suggestions on other ways you would want these people to be accessible but in the end I think formalizing or codifying your ability to communicate with them in any manner is just as misguided as I believe you feel Eventbot is. If you have an idea, suggestion or comment why not do :Kolar:Hi I have an idea about so and so. Or Mmaveirck, MirrorriM or Riistar (see staff page for complete list).

While I can not agree with you 100% on Eventbot most often it is not an issue of using a bot or not, not being personal enough or not... but policy conflicting with our own objectives and procedures. I still think whatever tools we offer Zone Helpers and Event Refs to do their work the better. Some staff and players may choose not to use it and I think that's completely reasonable. I wouldn't expect differently from anyone.

Comment

qans system was way to complicated for what it needed to be....FAR FAR FAR TOO complicated

Comment

Stfu?

Originally posted by NoLimitSoldier View Post
                    With the eventbot and help are, you rarely get a personal touch when dealing with staff. What i think would be good is if it was a requirement for all staff to host a min of 5 games a month. Smods Deans ect. This way new players can see everyone in the staffing community and not just the front lines. This is just a way for all staff to interact with new players.

It's a free game. What the fuck else do you want....? I don't like alot of the staff in this zone. P_L and Falk are nice. Don't really know Nycle, the rest are douchebags.

You have to realize this game was meant as an outlet, not a way of life. There are alot of behind the scene things that you don't understand. We just long on the game, chat, shoot, etc. etc. They actually make this game run.
                    Trenchwars staff is all "Volunteer". No one gets paid. It's alot of bullshit to. So, plz find sometihng else to bitch about. Let them be. So what if they talk to you like an asshole. Imagine if you logged on and you have like 50 messages to read, 10 complaints, 3 bans to enforce, etc etc. I gurantee when P_L or Falk Logs in they get mad amounts of PM's.

(Of all the Staff Aquatiq Queen Cunt) I believe she said she goes to school but, I don't think she has ever left her room. Mwahh Hunny
                    OBama/Biden 08

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Survivor View Post
                      It's a free game. What the fuck else do you want....? I don't like alot of the staff in this zone. P_L and Falk are nice. Don't really know Nycle, the rest are douchebags.

You have to realize this game was meant as an outlet, not a way of life. There are alot of behind the scene things that you don't understand. We just long on the game, chat, shoot, etc. etc. They actually make this game run.
                      Trenchwars staff is all "Volunteer". No one gets paid. It's alot of bullshit to. So, plz find sometihng else to bitch about. Let them be. So what if they talk to you like an asshole. Imagine if you logged on and you have like 50 messages to read, 10 complaints, 3 bans to enforce, etc etc. I gurantee when P_L or Falk Logs in they get mad amounts of PM's.

(Of all the Staff Aquatiq Queen Cunt) I believe she said she goes to school but, I don't think she has ever left her room. Mwahh Hunny
                      rofl u apparently didnt read anything i wrote. Im not saying staff is bad. Im clearly saying that new people should get to know staff better. My idea was simply maybe they can personally host a few games a month to get the "newer" community to get to know them better.
                      Devest.proboards.com

Creator/Co-Creator of:

Comment

rofl u apparently didnt read anything i wrote. Im not saying staff is bad. Im clearly saying that new people should get to know staff better. My idea was simply maybe they can personally host a few games a month to get the "newer" community to get to know them better.

I did read it. I think there a more important issues.
                        OBama/Biden 08

Comment

IMHO I think the staff - upper staff included - are pretty friendly.

Comment

I try to be friendly. I think the players need to be friendlier, lol.
                            DELETED

Comment

I don't think newbies are quite the deaf/mute/blind players you make them out to be.
                              I remember when I first started playing, it didn't take me too long to figure out who the Staff members were (smods, deans, etc).

There are plenty of ZH's and ER's to interact with the "average player", and given that theres only like 10 smods, I don't think it should be at the top of the list to have an smod meet n' greet every day, they quite frankly have better things to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X