An idea for TW(D) squads - Transfer system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An idea for TW(D) squads - Transfer system

I have been talking with Ripper and we tossed in a few ideas on how to make TW(D) more entertaining, even more (inter)active and more competitive.

Implement a transfer system that makes it possible to ' buy and sell players' for the squads that are on TWD.

To make this work, you will need:

- a system that gives people a value (value can be based on TWD and TWL performances, average time being on a squad and or other factors);

- a system that handles the amount of money a TWD squad has; each squad starts with an equal amount of ' money ' ;
    - a squad can gain money by selling a player and or winning TWD games (or even TWL games?);
    - a squad with a negative amount of money can ofcourse not buy any player;
    - perhaps a squad that has been alive for a long time is permitted to ' loan ' an amount of money;

- if you buy a player you will need to negotiate with the player (on time of contract) and the captain of a squad (if the player is on a squad) ; a player can only leave a squad early if both the captain and the player agree (otherwise see lower);

- there will need to be a tribunal for leaving before expiration of contract (reason, an arguement); without tribunal a squad could get a fine for kicking a player early, or a penalty for the player (f.e. not being able to join a squad until his original contract has expired).

A player thats inactive during a period can be compared with a soccer player thats injured. Both parties can still negotiate on renewing a contract or not.

A working group should / could be established to think about this to make it work.

I'd really like this idea. It would make TW(D) far more interesting. Players can actually see their improvement in ' money worth' . Squadcaptains can actually have more fun handling the ' cash flow ' and managing for real.

================================================== ========

Aside from the idea as described above, you could add a TW-D Player ranking (month and year) system based on some factors as amounts of game played, ratio, the ave. points of opponent squads etc.

Setup a feature with an uptodate list of all names that are currently registered to TWD(bot) and display which squads they are currently attached to. That way squadcaptains could have an idea on which players currently have no squad. (ofcourse some people are aliased, but a lot of people use the same alias tho)

Add an onthemove item to TWDwebsite.
    Last edited by Lame; 05-11-2008, 08:52 AM.
    Winner TWL-B Season 10 dicE / TWL-D Runners up
    Winner TWL-D Season 8 -Final-
    Winner TWT Season (?) Melee
    Winner TWDL Season 2 Scrotal's Horde!!

It would be pretty nice if this could be implemented somehow. Not only would it make it more fun to handle the statistic part but also make twd a more competitive league. Now twd is just a league to practice and kill time until twl starts and players don’t care about twd statistic much.

Comment

I agree, Im all for it but i dont think it would work/get done.
      https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
      1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
      1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
      1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
      1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
      1:soild>they can say what they like
      1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
      1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

These kind of things has to be an event to work.
        It's like communism, if it really would work it would be ok. But since it wont work, no need to mess up TWD which is working fine.

Comment

It's an alright idea in theory, but a bad idea in practice. I'll explain why. The system doesn't account for bad squad captains, who wants to be stuck with a retard? The other major problem I see with the idea is that it requires much more work, with a dedicated tribunal and a ton of website coding to boot. Squads that do better are going to have more and more money, so they'll be able to buy better and better players, so you'll have lopsided squads. Not that there aren't lopsided squads already but I figured you were trying to fix this with more competitive games. It's not a bad idea, I think it might work if you tried to implement it for shorter periods of time like one or two months. The two systems would have to be able to coexist allowing people to remain with their current TWD squad and then this other system. Also, it would be a bad idea to force all current TWD players into the system, people should be able to decide if they want to participate in both or just one.

The squad hopping today is pretty bad and I think ultimately that's the problem you're trying to solve but this isn't a good route. I'm not sure on the best solution yet, I've got a few ideas. Also, TWD has always been fairly boring, but that's just because it's supposed to be. If TWD was as fun and competitive as TWL then there would be no need for TWL. The only change that TWD needs right now is for TWSDX to be up and running and full green charges out of TWDD.
          1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
          3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
          3:Best> see it coming
          3:Best> sad

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver View Post
            The only change that TWD needs right now is for TWSDX to be up and running and full green charges out of TWDD.
            I'm waiting for a code fix from botdev for twsdx to fix major problem with flag spawning outside of the arena because of larger numbers of players in the arena, hopefully isn't too far away...

Plus atm (once again) no-one has access to the server that the twd bots (prittk's/tw's server) are hosted on -_- making it very slow on fixes and updates...
            PubBot8> Going to 69 :greedy:

Jacklyn> I'll play with this clit thing later
            Dr.Coiff> i've played with it

3:Mirror <ZH>> fly around and boom blow everyone up

Comment

and people like me? fucking worthless
              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                terrome
                7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10
                Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

i think its a good idea too but won't work.
                  the lopsided squads, as previously mentioned, and also there is just the fact that players are generally on squads they want to be on. If some newbie squad buys them they're just going to snowball and whine until they get back on the squad they want. Plus there will be players like death row or killergt who will be constantly traded, leaving no consistency by the twl playoffs
                  Currently listening to:
                  Valient Thorr - Immortalizer
                  Dead to Me - Little Brother
                  Tim Barry - Manchester
                  Lemuria - Get Better
                  Alkaline Trio - Agony and Irony

Comment

this would be a fun addition to a draft league. i think that means its time for someone to discuss a draft league, begin the work on it, then drop it after 2 weeks

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

terrible idea for a whole season league like twd.

would never play with a retarded cap/team, i would make another name to play with my friends like ph facetious wadi wingzero and grandmastahs
                      8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                      8:I Hate Cookies> aĂ­ quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                      8:I Hate Cookies> aĂ­ todos mudaram repentinamente de opiniĂŁo falando q eu era um pedĂłfilo
                      8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                      8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                      8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

phred hit the nail on the head.

this system is based on an ideal, much like communism. and idealism tends to butt heads like a motherfucker with practicality.
                        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                          Bad jokes are worth $1 a piece.

Start making midget jokes.
                          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

call AnZu..

oh well, this cant be done for twd.
                            Perhaps it should get event of its own.. Along with TWL,BWC etc.....

dunno
                            Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                            Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                            Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                            Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                            Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Handicap squad that are deemed to be better than the rest, that was there is always someone who whines in spec
                              Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.:fear:

Comment

Working...
                              X