• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
    Yawn, why cry you failure.
    laughing, not crying, at you I might add!:w00t:

you are so EZ

I come back for 5 mins and I can still troll you!!

2EZ
    .fffffffff_____
    .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
    .ffffff|ff __fffff|
    .fffffff\______/
    .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
    .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
    .fffff\________/
    .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
    .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
    .fff\__________/

Comment

• Yeah, trolled me so hard after you quit the forums for six months because nobody here likes distension and it died, nice one.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• I have some ideas about the weasel, and I demand that they be read by someone. The weasel should be a hard ship to use well, and it should be usefull for more than just getting lame kills on levs, and WB's outside of base. This new weasel is crap though, and that is all it's good for now. So here are my ideas for fixing this travesty.

1.Make it tiny. It needs to be able to sneak into the FR from roof and disrupt an entrenched enemy team.

2.Lower the energy back down to 1000 so lvl 2 bullets can kill it in one shot.

3.Slightly faster bullets. The bullets were slow before, but now they seem to crawl even when you boost them.

4.Same for the ship speed. It seems like they move slower now too. Maybe it's just because they are bigger, and I haven't played in awhile, so I dunno.

5A.Get rid of stealth, or cloak... the radar transparent one, not the invisible one. They will still be hard to hit (especially if they were tiny), but give ships without x-radar (levs,WBs) a chance.

5B.Or keep both, but make it drainy, so they can't stay totally invisible for very long. I liked the extra challenge of managing my energy levels, and the need to get in and do what needs to be done before it was to late.

6.Lvl2 bullets might be a good idea, but they would HAVE to be able to fire 2 shots at least as fast as a lanc, or else forget it. And honestly I think it would be a bad idea even then.

7.give them back x-radar. weasel duels are/were fun as hell, and made them usefull for baseing even when your team already had base.

8.Not a weasel change. Give the ships that are x-radar capable (jav,terr,shark,lanc,weasel[if you give them x-radar]) x-radar ALL the time, and not just sometimes. This might only apply to the lanc, not sure though.

9.Don't spawn them with reps and rockets. If they feel they need it for some special occasion they can buy it (if they have the points), but spawning them with rockets makes it too easy to lame WBs IMO. And with a tiny weasel they can just learn to dodge instead of relying on reps to save them.

That's all the ideas I can think of for now. I would at least like too see a weekend event with these changes to see how other people feel about them some time.

Comment

• I remember weasel dueling with you, Subverter. You were one slippery bugger. Good times on the roof. As a matter of fact, I don't recall seeing you in any ship other than weasel. Well, weasel duels are out the window for the foreseeable future. A clear and consistent majority of pub players want the small weasel back (more energy, faster ship, faster bullets, xradar, cloak+stealth drains health, no rocket or repel, and actually useful for something) yet it has remained in the shitter for about 20 months now, by my guess. It's a travesty. Since nothing has changed in all this time, I see no reason to expect it ever will.

The staff member responsible for the weasel down(-and-out-)grade is no longer even active. He just shoved a rusty rake up our ass and left without even the common courtesy of a reach-around.

I suspect your return will therefore be short-lived, but if you happen to see me in the game, PM me and we can weasel it up in one of the derelict arenas that still has the good weasel settings.
          Originally posted by Crunchy Nut
          2d spaceships nobody gives a shit

Comment

• What if... the big Weasel was more durable and more assassin like? Currently it is quite slow and cumbersome, but I'm not suggesting it should be like a ufo... Maybe an extra repel and faster bullets like Subverter said? I was thinking about giving it a brick, but I can see how that would end up in Pure Public... just some ideas... Also, public population cap may be reduced to 35. I want to get two Publics going for most of the day.
            "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
            • Shark
            • Dicer
            • Sager
            • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

• Originally posted by Mootland Farmer View Post
              What if... the big Weasel was more durable and more assassin like? Currently it is quite slow and cumbersome, but I'm not suggesting it should be like a ufo... Maybe an extra repel and faster bullets like Subverter said? I was thinking about giving it a brick, but I can see how that would end up in Pure Public... just some ideas... Also, public population cap may be reduced to 35. I want to get two Publics going for most of the day.

fuck this idea. did it a year ago and it sucked.
              8:Lrim> you guys take this game too seriously

Comment

• So you'd rather have one big public with the second public with no one in it?
                • Shark
                • Dicer
                • Sager

Comment

• i guess my answer would be yes then.

pub 0 is full because people want to wb fight on the bottom of the map and LT.

if people want to base they can go to pub 10.

Comment

• The same could be said when the Pure Public was the top arena and Leviathans had the second arena, which at times was mostly empty.
                    • Shark
                    • Dicer
                    • Sager

Comment

• Originally posted by Mootland Farmer View Post
                      The same could be said when the Pure Public was the top arena and Leviathans had the second arena, which at times was mostly empty.
                      So true.

As far as the weasel goes you don't have to get too crazy. Most people seem to like the smaller weasel over the large one. The main concern was the fact that it could steal the flag. If the flag buffer time is increased then it would stop a lot of the problems the small weasel creates.

Decreasing the arena size to 35 might help keep two arenas going longer but why not just put !vote back? I don't even know why !vote was removed. We had 2 arenas going most of the time and most of the people satisfied. Which is common sense because the majority !vote changed settings. This would also take care of the "which arena is first?" problem because it could change all the time.
                      (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

• Since I don't really play the game anymore, what needs to happen to stimulate basing in pubs is a real life staffer goes to pubs for like an hour every night and hosts a real basing game, do zoners to get older players there, let them have the ships like terr, or give them to people who terr in pub alot, (same with javs, sharks etc) make the other people warbirds. The vets will want to win so they will spam attach to blah blah, and yell at people for repping stupidly. And eventually newbies will learn how to base and not be fucking useless.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
                          Since I don't really play the game anymore, what needs to happen to stimulate basing in pubs is a real life staffer goes to pubs for like an hour every night and hosts a real basing game, do zoners to get older players there, let them have the ships like terr, or give them to people who terr in pub alot, (same with javs, sharks etc) make the other people warbirds. The vets will want to win so they will spam attach to blah blah, and yell at people for repping stupidly. And eventually newbies will learn how to base and not be fucking useless.
                          pretty good idea, cept i would make all extra spiders. An hour or two a night wont kill anyone, or do it for a few hours on the weekend and see if the idea works

Comment

• Mootland Farmer The same could be said when the Pure Public was the top arena and Leviathans had the second arena, which at times was mostly empty.
                            Originally posted by Kontrolz
                            So true.
                            YES.

Why not make purepub first again for awhile? LT pub has been first for quite a long time (at your insistence, I believe). It's also been suggested that the default pub be switched between pure and impure pub every couple of weeks for the sake of fairness. Purepub on top would be a good "start" though.

I agree with lowering the arena population cap to encourage two arenas.

The weasel doesn't need more reps; it needs better handling and faster bullets. I think the ability to fit through holes is critical, and weasels with x radar help control their own population. I would give up the triple fire or go down to L2 bullets to have those things back, assuming something must be sacrificed. But when things almost can't get any worse, ANY CHANGE IS WELCOME.

When DankNuggets and I surveyed pub players a few months ago, it came out something like 22 people in favor of restoring the small weasel, 4 opposed, and 3 indifferent.

If Mootland Farmer is on the job, there may be hope.
                            Originally posted by Crunchy Nut
                            2d spaceships nobody gives a shit

Comment

• I am very strongly in favor of the small weasel, It helps to keep things balanced. It certainly makes basing more interesting and forces the terrier to stay focused when a clever weasel can sneak and grab the flag. It also helps keep the Levithian from dominating the flag room.

For those who say the weasel has too much power, Check the kill loss ratio of anyone who flies it. The weasel is almost worthless in direct combat, it's slower than every ship with the exception of the levi, it has a very slow shot that is easy to avoid, and it's only strength, cloak and stealth, is easily defeated by the X-radar from either of the three ships equipped with it.

Bottom line, I think the small weasel makes things more exciting. Yes, sometimes they get a bit annoying, but I prefer being killed by an unseen foe to being killed by a lev bomb.

Comment

• Thats like saying that sharks suck because they have bad k:d ratios, its a specialty ship that isn't supposed to be really powerful.
                                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                                X