Lev-Terr (and turret) suggestion .. plz read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lev-Terr (and turret) suggestion .. plz read

Ok, first off, I like Levs in the game. Sure, the big blue badda-boom of death is annoying, but the game just wouldn't be the same without it.

Also, Terrs need all ships able to attach, otherwise their primary purpose as squad-leader remains unfulfilled.

The one major problem (i.e. Lev-Terr lamers) really occurs as an unintended consequence, when a Lev attaches to a Terr, and stays attached, in order to lame the arena and cause general havoc and chaos.

So here is my simple two-part suggestion:

1) Any ship can attach to a Terrier, after it has greened slightly. Say 5 or 10 bounty.

2) Any ship attached to a Terrier CANNOT use it's bomb. The bomb (tab key) is disabled while turreted.
    Last edited by blackrazor; 04-14-2003, 01:45 PM.

Originally posted by blackrazor
    The bomb (shift key) is disabled while turreted.
    DAMN u ppl should tell me these things, i.e. secret bombs and such. I always new the jav could shoot green bombs from their asses too.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

while i applaud your efforts... those suggestions take away what the lev truly is. instead of focusing on making the lev weaker, focus on making the whole turret weaker.

1) due to the "size" of levs, levs may not attach to a terrier if anything else is attached to it; and if one lev is attached, no other ships may attach to that terrier.

2) while carrying a lev, the terrier's speed is cut down to roughly that of a warbird

3) spiders can green antiwarp (OR lower the ?buy cost)
      plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Hi Gerbil.

With all due respect, my suggestions did exactly what you recommended be done. They didn't weaken the Lev; they weakened the turret. All ships with bombs (Levs, Javs, Terrs) wouldn't be able to use their bombs while acting as a turret. Furthermore, easing up on the greening restrictions for Levs means they wouldn't have to be sitting ducks in the spawn area for very long, making them (hopefully) more fun to play.

Your suggestion still allows for a Lev-Terr lamer to wreak havoc. Something moving at Warbird speed, with blue bombs firing in any direction, doesn't really solve the problem that has given Levs the bad rep (that they don't deserve, imo).

Comment

my suggestion keeps the massive power of the turret but makes it much easier to kill.

your suggestion removes the turret's power altogether and forces the terr to just drop off levs at strategic bombing points outside of the base.

both are reasonable... but do we want lev deployers or lev turrets?

Comment

i agree with gerbil on this one..

plus, i say that the recharge rate of BOTH the lev and terr are reduced to an extremely slow recharge rate when the lev is attached..
            BITSHCRAFT> BRAIN FART RICKY MARTIN OMGZ

Comment

Re: Lev-Terr (and turret) suggestion .. plz read

Also, Terrs need all ships able to attach, otherwise their primary purpose as squad-leader remains unfulfilled.
              You have to be a terr when yer a squad leader?? O_o

Anyways, if you disable things while yer on the terr, you disable a shark from repping while he is attached to the terr, you disable a warbird to protect the terr vs another warbird who might be camping somewhere ect.
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Gal:

By squad leader, I meant the ship responsible for getting team-mates to strategic locations fast, not necessarily the actual leader of a squad.

And I never suggested to "disable (all) things" ... only the bombs of ships while they are turrets. Turrets can still use their primary guns, anti-warp, cloak detection, repels, and mines. I don't think it would make sense for turrets to use decoy, stealth, cloak, or burst ... but, I believe that this is already the case.

Comment

for more information i have a thread you ccan read if you want

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...&threadid=3186

cant touch this...im an invinsible javelin...never give a decoy a ship

Comment

Originally posted by sTuPiD-gErBiL
                    while i applaud your efforts... those suggestions take away what the lev truly is. instead of focusing on making the lev weaker, focus on making the whole turret weaker.

1) due to the "size" of levs, levs may not attach to a terrier if anything else is attached to it; and if one lev is attached, no other ships may attach to that terrier.

2) while carrying a lev, the terrier's speed is cut down to roughly that of a warbird

3) spiders can green antiwarp (OR lower the ?buy cost)
                    can those settings be changed in continuum or does it need new coding/some tricky magical stuff? I like nr 2 especially. And I'd like to see that they cannot warp while having a lev on.
                    Another way would be that a lev that attaches automatically deattaches after 5 s. This way they cuold be made base defenders easily but running around the base like their pants were on fire would not be possible.
                    5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                    5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                    5: Da1andonly> =((
                    5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                    5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                    5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Gal:

By squad leader, I meant the ship responsible for getting team-mates to strategic locations fast, not necessarily the actual leader of a squad.

And I never suggested to "disable (all) things" ... only the bombs of ships while they are turrets. Turrets can still use their primary guns, anti-warp, cloak detection, repels, and mines. I don't think it would make sense for turrets to use decoy, stealth, cloak, or burst ... but, I believe that this is already the case.
                      But with bombs you mean disable the Tab key, wich means, No mining, no javs able to shoot a fast one into tube when terr flying up, no quicky bombs from sharks.
                      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                        can those settings be changed in continuum or does it need new coding/some tricky magical stuff? I like nr 2 especially. And I'd like to see that they cannot warp while having a lev on.
                        Another way would be that a lev that attaches automatically deattaches after 5 s. This way they cuold be made base defenders easily but running around the base like their pants were on fire would not be possible.
                        well, look at our turretwarz settings. when nothing's attached to a terr, it can't move. once something attaches, it can move freely. if that's possible, then i'm sure that speed can be adjusted.

Comment

Working...
                        X