No announcement yet.

Staff, so what are the real lag rules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staff, so what are the real lag rules?

It just seems everyone has different rules. Maybe if it's not there friend those rules doesn't apply. I'm just wondering I'd like to see some guidelines. That way I know some person isn't just on a powertrip for his buddies. I just think it's crappy someone has to ruin my fun. Getting removed when the bot doesn't remove me is bull. Not knowing the rules isn't any better. I'm sure a lot of other people have issues too. So please I'd like to see a layout of what your rules for lag limits are. Since I thought locking players for lag issues is one of the bots job. Which means if the bot doesn't remove you all is fair game.

Web
    Web

The specific lag limits aren't given to players. Also key to notice, that if a player is spiking enough (clear jumps and eats, combined with movement in *tinfo) the player will be asked to reconnect. If player doesn't reconnect, player will be put into spec.

Usually a person doesn't spike unless they are downloading or doing something to enduce their lag anyway. Also, using wireless internet is not good on this game
    violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
    [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Yeah I don't know since 2 days ago I've had some intense issues. Espically during 6/10pm est, but I see things like this going on all the time. I'm more pissed that I can't play with this lag. This is the 4th time this year I've been removed. So I'm just wondering what are the rules?
      Web

Comment

The problem about giving the rules means then people know the number in whcih they would lagout and thus be able to lag enough to stay in the limits. However, while some people might know the numbers or think they know the numbers, this is why one can still be specced regardless of the bot speccing them
        violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
        [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Comment

Best way to avoid being specced for lag, is to reconnect frequently to refresh your connection. Try doing this just before you !ready for twd matches etc. Also, keep in mind that staff and mods especially look at *tinfo (time information) of a players ping graph. If there are large jumps in this graph even if there lag in ms is low, they will be asked to reconnect.

If however a player such as yourself feel as if another player is having an unfair advantage by the way they lag, check with a moderator. Quite often players complain about others who have 'constant' lag around 250ms (especially in the case of players from Australia and southern american countries such as Brazil). This is quite a different case, as that lag is predominantly geographical lag and is present only because of distance from the server in america. This lag doesn't result in a player being specced, there is a distinct difference.
            1:Underground> WHO THE FUK ARE THE WITH, EASE, WITH EASE, EASE JR.

Yojo?> And I keep arguing that when everyone else sees his stuff 3/10 of a second ahead of him, factoring in the 3/8 of a second it takes your brain to tell your hand to move, it's nothing to do with skill =/

1:zidane> they dont wanna play vs. u dald
            1:B4sERmaN75_X> dald youve been blacklisted by pirates gg

1:Ease> fucking stupid newbie sitting out of base for half an hour, then you finally come in and fire shots at 1000 mphl

Comment

Originally posted by Funk View Post
              Yeah I don't know since 2 days ago I've had some intense issues. Espically during 6/10pm est, but I see things like this going on all the time. I'm more pissed that I can't play with this lag. This is the 4th time this year I've been removed.
              I would complain to your ISP that sounds like a classic case of throttling at peak times. My old isp used to do that and i got rediculous lag and i couldnt play any internet games in the evening had to switch in the end
              Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
              Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

I also experience major lag just before 5pm (GMT) til about 6-6:30. Im guessing it's just the vast amount of people logging onto the net after they finish work.

It can't be avoided

Comment

Originally posted by Daldur View Post
                  Best way to avoid being specced for lag, is to reconnect frequently to refresh your connection. Try doing this just before you !ready for twd matches etc. Also, keep in mind that staff and mods especially look at *tinfo (time information) of a players ping graph. If there are large jumps in this graph even if there lag in ms is low, they will be asked to reconnect.

If however a player such as yourself feel as if another player is having an unfair advantage by the way they lag, check with a moderator. Quite often players complain about others who have 'constant' lag around 250ms (especially in the case of players from Australia and southern american countries such as Brazil). This is quite a different case, as that lag is predominantly geographical lag and is present only because of distance from the server in america. This lag doesn't result in a player being specced, there is a distinct difference.
                  Real games don't make such distinction, only crappy ones.
                  Winner TWL-B Season 10 dicE / TWL-D Runners up
                  Winner TWL-D Season 8 -Final-
                  Winner TWT Season (?) Melee
                  Winner TWDL Season 2 Scrotal's Horde!!

Comment

thats the time that la migra checks your packets passports
                    ?find dads revenge

Comment

There are many differences between geographical lag and induced lag...starting with the average ms and packet loss in geographical ones which is constant and most of times under limits of tolerance...in the other hand induced lag usually has a wide range of variation between the lowest and highest ping + the fact it keeps jumping shortly, definitely making an unsteady scenario...in addiction, geographical lags only causes a delay while induced lags (which *tinfo will clearly distinct) can provoke real misinfo and consequently deceit *watchdamage feature, as result we can notice eats and spikes occuring much more than an acceptable limit in induced ones. Spite of the subjective factor (which can be analyzed and aprehended by solid parameters of validation) shows that geographical lags in most of cases are out of players control, while induced lag can be used according to the circunstancies to achieve the desired advantage over other players.

As a real game, subspace won't ignore aspects that might promote a better sense of righteousness among its players.

Comment

Working...
                      X