Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pressure Drop View Post
    i'd like to see longer poll's with a zoner as you enter directing you there

might get wider cross section with more votes than having it up for 12 hours

have it up for 48 hours or longer

The poll lasted 24 hours with a repeated zoner every hour and a half. The problem with having longer polls than 24 hours is that bot uptime doesn't always last due to exceptions or recycles, etc. We may try for 48 hours next time we do a community wide poll though.
    SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
    SSCU Trench Wars Bot/Web Developer

Stayon> That type of thing, when you're married for 50 years but you know you fucked up when you dropped chilli sause on your elitist rich boss, while crossing the cafeteria's lunch zone, getting you fired, because you were distracted admiring the cleaning lady's ass that you beated off to, when your sluggish wife and two retarted kids were asleep.

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
      If we killed all the other automated events during the weekdays, even javduel wbduel etc, and just kept javelim, elim, and base, then things would work better, but this would be pointless until that time is what I am trying to say. It would be nice to have 100 people in one arena playing an automated events, I agree. However, this zone isn't the zone it was when this first happened.
      this

weekdays = less people --> have less automated events so the players get less spread out in similar arenas.
      weekends = more people, so have more (automated) events, which also makes events like wbduel/tourny etc. more special.

don't combine baseelim with elim though, it's not the wbs fault javs prefer other arenas over their baseelim.

Comment

I think the obvious stuggle here is that baseelim is dead and elim isn't. (Some) javs want to play baseelim again, but can't find the players, so they turn to elim. Warbirds don't want to share their arena with javs, and rightfully so, because it isn't their problem.

My solution: Don't combine the two because I actually think it would drive down playership because there are a lot fewer all-around, specifically jav and warbird, players. That's not to say they don't exist, just that there aren't nearly as many as there were when the two arenas were together.

Instead, make the baseelim map smaller and more accomodating for a smaller player base but with room for some expansion. (IE: Take the ?go javs map, make a bigger spawn, and add a section to the map that is door controlled [similar to current baseelim])

Also, I would eliminate javduel altogether because it pulls players away that otherwise would want to compete competitively. Yes, it's going to piss some people off, but not enough people that we should really care.
        Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
        Message has been sent to online moderators
        2:BLeeN> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>no
        2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
        2:BLeeN> ok then no
        :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
          I think the obvious stuggle here is that baseelim is dead and elim isn't. (Some) javs want to play baseelim again, but can't find the players, so they turn to elim. Warbirds don't want to share their arena with javs, and rightfully so, because it isn't their problem.

My solution: Don't combine the two because I actually think it would drive down playership because there are a lot fewer all-around, specifically jav and warbird, players. That's not to say they don't exist, just that there aren't nearly as many as there were when the two arenas were together.

Instead, make the baseelim map smaller and more accomodating for a smaller player base but with room for some expansion. (IE: Take the ?go javs map, make a bigger spawn, and add a section to the map that is door controlled [similar to current baseelim])

Also, I would eliminate javduel altogether because it pulls players away that otherwise would want to compete competitively. Yes, it's going to piss some people off, but not enough people that we should really care.
          Making the map smaller should be something we might look into. I'll see what I can cook up personally...but anyone should try to make a map at home and try submitting it to TWDev for reviewing.
          ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
          Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by riske View Post
            Because people will be more likely to play one while the other is still going.

People in this zone are LAZY.

90% of the time they wont sit in ?go base, or ?go baseelim, or ?go javduel, until there are enough people in there to play.

However, if you ever see when base, or javduel actually is happening, theres usually way to many people in there to play.

It would hurt absolutely nothing to combine them. Javs could play wb while waiting, wbs could play jav. There is no negative about it, if you wanna leave the jav part when wb elim starts, go the fuck ahead.

And if you mean javelim as in actual ?go javeelim and not baseelim, that will never happen, takes to many people at one time to play. Would be just like tourny when its left on in the middle of the week with just a few people in it.
            This is all dandy, but wbs aren't going to jav and javs arent going to wb if they are better at one than the other and are trying to rank...

Comment

Working...
            X