Achievements For Tw's Finest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptainPoopface View Post
    OK, so there are server settings that can decide when to put a certain image (the crown) next to a player's name, based on counting deaths and checking other player attributes (whether they have a crown). What stops us from expanding the number of things that the server looks at and the different images it appends to someone's name?

For example, say the server watches your kills and deaths, and if you get 10 kills without dying, instead of putting the crown next to your name, it puts a little spinning "10" image there. If you die, you lose your 10. It seems like the skeletal functionality is already there.
    We cannot change/add/edit how the server behaves that is not programmed in to it... so you can't do this.
    You can set King Of The Hill to on which will show users with a crown for the round until lost/regained.
    You change the crown image with LVZ but it will not show different images for other users, you cannot turn KOTH/Crown off/on per user and we can't force the server to change it's programmed behavior...

The only way this is do-able is displaying them on a "Profile" on the website.
    There is no way they can be displayed in-game...
    PubBot8> Going to 69 :greedy:

Jacklyn> I'll play with this clit thing later
    Dr.Coiff> i've played with it

3:Mirror <ZH>> fly around and boom blow everyone up

Comment

Originally posted by RiiStar View Post
      There is no way they can be displayed in-game...
      There's no way they could be displayed next to a players name/ship ingame. However, you could presumably do a whole lot of *objon's and add a bot command like !medals <name> that would turn on a grid that displays a players medals. You could even add letters to said grid and, much the way the TWD scoreboard works, customize names/arenas/whatever based on the players medals.
      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
      Message has been sent to online moderators
      2:BLeeN> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>no
      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
      2:BLeeN> ok then no
      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
        There's no way they could be displayed next to a players name/ship ingame. However, you could presumably do a whole lot of *objon's and add a bot command like !medals <name> that would turn on a grid that displays a players medals. You could even add letters to said grid and, much the way the TWD scoreboard works, customize names/arenas/whatever based on the players medals.
        Yes, but what they want is that and the ability to let everyone see the medals.
        Which is why i said it was impossible Vech...
        Only the end user those objons are sent will see their medals.

Plus, where on the screen will u put all these?
        Most ppl get annoyed enough with all the stuff thats already on screen and
        turn half of it off when playing.

The simplest way in the end will be a profile page on tw.org displaying them.
        That way they are there for you and the world to see if they so care.

Comment

Very well. I can let the graphic aspect go. What I propose (and have pitched to the Bot Dev team) is a StatsBot that monitors these different achievements we've talked about. In-game, you would type !stats <playername> to the bot, and it would PM you with a readout of all the stats for that player since the last score reset (or for all time, if you like). I know something like this already exists in Extreme Games.

I would also like to see stats listed by ship type, so you can see your W/L, medals you've earned, and how many times you've earned them, as a warbird, jav, shark, etc. if you like. That could be a separate command like !statsbyship <playername>.

As an additional feature, the bot could communicate with some kind of backstage chicanery to upload the stats to the web, where they could be viewed or converted to a snazzier graphic format or auto-patched into the LVZ each weekend so all players can see them. I'd say the bot is the easiest first step though.

EDIT: Aquarius already thought of this.

I've been pestering Maverick and milosh to let me help code this and a few other things, but I can't get ahold of them...
          Originally posted by Crunchy Nut
          2d spaceships nobody gives a shit

Comment

Unofficially, PubStats for tw is in its final testing stages...
            So half of what you suggested there is in fact not far away.

Mav has put alot of time into it making sure its perfect and isnt going to
            crash the bots or the website/database.

When the time is right and he's satisfied with it he will announce it.

Comment

So you can't get the medals or what not to appear near a players name, but what about like when you hot F2 and scroll through the different layouts there are for viewing whos in the arena and what squad they are on. I don't see why it could not be implemented that way. Then everyone in the arena with you can see what medals you have.
              3:Steadman> ive been a leader in every league of legends and basketball game ive ever played in

Comment

Again, we can replace images used by the game with LVZ... BUT....

Even if any of these ways showed you what medals you have,
                no one but urself can see them... The Game just isn't designed to do it...

Comment

Working...
                X