Help!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capital Knockers View Post
    You know what I've found really annoying about this game and staff in general? For years I've made it clear that I'd like to be on staff, anyway I can. Just to help out, learn, I like this zone and want to be a bigger part of it. Yet it seems that without holding your nose 3/4s of the way up staffs ass for the better part of a year, you won't get anywhere.

I've tried contacting you guys in game, asking where to start learning. Only person that responded was dads revenge. Now at the time I'm refering to, you guys were apparently testing some shit in elim, but thats not the point. The point is, no one takes the time to actually recieve the help people are constantly offering. I don't know how to code bots or anything, but if you took the time to show me how to start, gave me the connections, and a starting point - and a goal; you'd better believe I'd learn it and be a big help.

You guys seem to forget, that as busy as you are, so are alot of other people on this game. If someone like me, who's been around a long ass time, offers to give you help (I even offered my dads help, and he's a fucking nuts programmer) jump on it! You need to devote someone entirely to finding and teaching people how to do the things you're asking for help with - not just throw us a few useless links like SSdownloads, and a map builder and then stop talking entirely. It's really annoying, and doesn't encourage people like me to keep trying to help. Really, I'm almost at the point where if I was asked to be a mod or smod tommorow I'd say no. Simply because of how long I've been ignored, it's rather insulting, to constantly offer a helping hand when you guys are asking for one, and then be ignored or not taken seriously.

P.S. Not taking a shot at you guys, I'm glad you do what you do, but what I'm saying is true not only for you guys, but everyone else before you. Staff needs to stop being like an elite private country club. There should be a whole seperate section of staff under Aquatiq to find and train people.
    he still wants to ban people and have people shove noses 75% up his ass
    (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
    (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
    (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
    (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
    (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Originally posted by milosh View Post

ff
      Originally posted by Tone
      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
      Originally posted by the_paul
      Gargle battery acid fuckface
      Originally posted by Material Girl
      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Sorry if you contacted me I was probably afk.

http://forums.devshed.com/java-help-...va-249225.html
        SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
        SSCU Trench Wars Bot/Web Developer

Stayon> That type of thing, when you're married for 50 years but you know you fucked up when you dropped chilli sause on your elitist rich boss, while crossing the cafeteria's lunch zone, getting you fired, because you were distracted admiring the cleaning lady's ass that you beated off to, when your sluggish wife and two retarted kids were asleep.

Comment

I don't see how being on staff and making maps/bots/gfx for this game have to go hand in hand? When I did my first dev work, I wasn't staff. You asked to be pointed towards something, I pointed you towards it and even offered to help you in-game.

I never got any pm from you so I'm assuming you're only talking to upper staff, which is a mistake, because those guys are constantly being pmed and so they just don't answer them most of the time. Not saying it's a good thing, just saying it's a thing.
          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
          Message has been sent to online moderators
          2:BLeeN> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>no
          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
          2:BLeeN> ok then no
          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

I don't see how being on staff and making maps/bots/gfx for this game have to go hand in hand? When I did my first dev work, I wasn't staff. You asked to be pointed towards something, I pointed you towards it and even offered to help you in-game.
            They don't. I developed for TW way before i became staff. I still have my extremely crappy map ?go wbs in TW. You can test pretty much everything locally. To be honest i don't really need to be staff now to do my work, however it does make communication easier.

I've been developing for SubSpace for a number of years now. The work i do for TW is just a small part of that. I have a long term interest in the further development of this game as anyone who has seen my "other" projects will know.
            Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
            Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

i started my first map a few day ago, using dcme instead of ssme thou. I got most of the map completed and with the help of pureownage added some very nice small features to the map!
              Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
              2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
              2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

Originally posted by HateTheFake View Post
                i started my first map a few day ago, using dcme instead of ssme thou. I got most of the map completed and with the help of pureownage added some very nice small features to the map!
                get on making houses for incomplete maps (SBcity for one) so i can see mine finally get played!
                .fffffffff_____
                .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                .fffffff\______/
                .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                .fffff\________/
                .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                .fff\__________/

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Knockers View Post
                  You know what I've found really annoying about this game and staff in general? For years I've made it clear that I'd like to be on staff, anyway I can. Just to help out, learn, I like this zone and want to be a bigger part of it. Yet it seems that without holding your nose 3/4s of the way up staffs ass for the better part of a year, you won't get anywhere.
                  so i guess we are in the same boat...
                  The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                  SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by HateTheFake View Post
                    Heh i cant code, dont know how to make maps, but teach a man to fish!

Ill help if theres anything i can do
                    http://www.ssforum.net/index.php?showtopic=21946&hl=

basically for anyone to lazy, a video for youtube is being made on how to make dcme maps woot
                    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
                    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
                    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

So, to staff, the best way to utilize the know-how amongst the player base, is to let them work on random ideas of their own. Without any feedback. And in the end to only embrace the idea's they would like to have in their zone?

If upper staff has the problem that everyone that wants to help contacts them, they might have to rethink their communication plan with the players. We are supposed to have a small and tight player base.
                      Yet if people are willing to help, they don't know anyone to contact but a few totalitarians at the top of the pyramid. And these people are not capable of redirecting them to the person they want to contact? Sounds like bullshit.

It could be something like this:
                      uselessNewbie36> CAN I HELP! I WANNA!
                      pure_luck> Talk to Milosh
                      1ure_luck> Why are people contacting me for Dev matters? Maybe we should make it more clear that we have someone in charge of dev.
                      1:Milosh> Okay, I am on it. Capital Knockers is willing to help us, since he can't code, maybe he can promote development and communicate with the players.
                      You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Wow. People are having a hard time getting in the circle? That shit was easy and now I can't even get into the damn DEVZone to work on my maps cause something is fucked with my computer, most likely, and not letting me in. But even THAT didn't stop me from trying to give a little anyways. You just gotta learn to work your way around especially if you're on your own...

But from the beginning, All I did was submit a couple maps to TWDev and BAM... I'm in. You show a little you get a little. What's so hard about that?

Comment

Working...
                        X