Pub shark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pub shark

After several hours of rousing and arousing Distension had come and gone I headed back to pub for some more classically-inclined basing. The only problem being: it was hella boring. Sharking in particular seemed not nearly as fun as it's been in Distension. There are the extra reps, and mines, and speed, but I think what really makes it is the bullet. A single, slow, red bullet ... it adds so much. Just a tiny bit more tactical leverage, but a lot more fun. Or maybe I'm easily amused. That's kind of the point though: to make it a fun ship to play. Even at my most masochistic the old rep-rep-rep-die routine gets old. In pub, of course, people also like to bomb and mine all over the place—which is all well and good. However, it's nice to have a weapon that won't accidentally TK your terr and get someone banned for spamming racial slurs.

But really, I don't see why not to at least try it out, other than staff being a bunch of obstinate old curmudgeons. Players have stuck through bigger changes. Even in the worst-case scenario, with death threats and rioting in the streets, you can always just change the settings back. (If you do that, though, do the same for the weasel ... fuckers.) But, uh. Yes. Just Do It. You've got nothing to lose... but a whole lot to gain. This has been a paid advertisement.

We did it. And then people whined because shark was too boss. So it is no more.
    sigpic

1:Shaun> if my girlfriend had a dick
    1:Shaun> mmmm

Comment

you did? really? all i remember is rapid-fire bullets for a weekend. people had every right to complain about those because they turned your average joe into, well, me. i don't remember ever being given the slow bullet from distension in pub. give it to me and i may come out of hiding and mingle with the rookies.
      Originally posted by Tone
      It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
      Originally posted by the_paul
      Gargle battery acid fuckface
      Originally posted by Material Girl
      I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

i aint never seen one dem slow bullits

Comment

I think giving the shark the bullets it gets in distension would be cool, at least to try it out and see how it works and how the public reacts to it. I don't see any reason not to try it at least.

Originally posted by E sharp
          (If you do that, though, do the same for the weasel ... fuckers.)
          Actually the weasel WAS changed back. Used to be how it is now for a long time, it was changed to the small overpowered thing it used to be for a couple years and then eventually (thank god) changed back.
          (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Originally posted by PH View Post
            you did? really? all i remember is rapid-fire bullets for a weekend. people had every right to complain about those because they turned your average joe into, well, me. i don't remember ever being given the slow bullet from distension in pub. give it to me and i may come out of hiding and mingle with the rookies.
            this
            The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
            SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

This idea was floated recently by dads revenge. It was shot down by most people. But I think some very slow L1 bullets that rapidly drain health would make the shark more offensive and interesting to play. The key is to maintain the ship-to-ship checks and balances and not make it overpowered.

I also think pub should add a ship 9 with L2 bombs and revamp the weasel because it blows donkey cock right now, but those are separate threads.
              Originally posted by Crunchy Nut
              2d spaceships nobody gives a shit

Comment

Originally posted by Kahlan View Post
                We did it. And then people whined because shark was too boss. So it is no more.
                o rly?

Originally posted by PH View Post
                oh, that's why i was confused, because you guys didn't.

how about 1 bullet/sec, 3 drains energy completely.
                .fffffffff_____
                .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                .fffffff\______/
                .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                .fffff\________/
                .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                .fff\__________/

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPoopface View Post
                  I also think pub should add a ship 9 with L2 bombs and revamp the weasel because it blows donkey cock right now, but those are separate threads.
                  Ship 9 is Spec...

And you cant add more ships, its another hard coded part of Continuum/Subspace ^-^
                  PubBot8> Going to 69 :greedy:

Jacklyn> I'll play with this clit thing later
                  Dr.Coiff> i've played with it

3:Mirror <ZH>> fly around and boom blow everyone up

Comment

Originally posted by RiiStar View Post
                    Ship 9 is Spec...

And you cant add more ships, its another hard coded part of Continuum/Subspace ^-^
                    i'm actually ship 9, but don't tell anyone... :ninja:
                    .fffffffff_____
                    .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                    .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                    .fffffff\______/
                    .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                    .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                    .fffff\________/
                    .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                    .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/