No announcement yet.

Distension: the future of Trench Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wark, I'm convinced you make posts just so that you can tell everyone how FUCKING AWESOME A HOST I WAS AND I MADE GOLDEN GUN LOLOL INSERT RACIST RUSH LIMBAUGH QUOTE HERE.

The fact that people are getting earwarped, or that hosts have bots to help them, or that robohelp has canned responses isn't doing a damn thing to the zone.

Please, for the love of God, stop making every thread and discussion about how the quality of ERs has gone so low since you were one. I was an ER around the same time and remember Dimboy and the countless other fucktards who became ZHs/ERs at the time? There will always be bad eggs, this isn't a new development.

That aside, I agree with Stabwound that our pubs are in dire need of a facelift. The fact that we can't fill two pubs at any given time these days is disheartening, it's obviously not fun to play anymore. Hell, find someone whose been playing the game for more than 4 months and ask them if they play pub. If they say yes, ask them if they play non-pure pub. Yes this zone has some good settings (with the exception of the levithan and small weasel), but something obviously stopped working.

/rant
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

i always see 2 pub almost full when Distension is not running. when it is, purepub is dead. if you want Distension to work you have to kill twd and TWL
      1. You're reading my comment
      2. Now you're saying/thinking thats a stupid fact.
      4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3.
      5. You're checking it now.
      6. You're smiling.
      7. You're still reading my comment.
      8. You know all you have read is true.
      10. You didn't notice that i skipped 9.
      11. You're checking it now.
      12. You didn't notice there are only 10 facts

Comment

How can you still run TWL and TWD, when pubbers will never player the casual ships?

Anyways, I think there should always be running 2 Distension arena's.... But they shouldn't be the publics!!

Distension :headbang:
        1:Vergilius> ive been wondering something
        1:Gazo> tell me!
        1:Vergilius> suppose that i would clone myself
        1:Vergilius> but i change the y chromosome into an x chromosome, thus making a female version of myself
        1:Vergilius> and then fuck that clone
        1:Vergilius> would that be masturbation or incest?

1:Jason> i think soupero is slightly underdeveloped or something

Comment

Originally posted by sonlox View Post
          i always see 2 pub almost full when Distension is not running. when it is, purepub is dead. if you want Distension to work you have to kill twd and TWL
          ok analyze that statement for a second. People like playing distension better than they like playing purepub. Hell a good many like it better than TWD. What better way to keep people playing than to let them play what they want.

IF, after all the dust has settled, and no one wants to play distension anymore, where is the harm? They'll go back to playing whatever they like, be it elim, pubs, TWD, ..... or another game. but if you quell all that interest at once, it's going to result in a higher % of ppl leaving, or at the least a greater division amongst the players.

To pull a real world analogy: you guys are pulling a Ford/GM. You're refusing to listen to the market's (playerbase) demands. They demand distension ATM, but you keep wanting to sell them pubs and TWL. I'm not saying that you need to stop all production on the TWL front, but you'd better get your contigencies going, or you're going to collapse on yourselves. TWL is like the Esclade... you guys hype it up, so that everyone wants it, but in reality few can afford it. Distension is the Kia... it's affordable to everyone, snobs stick there nose up to it, and it breaks everynow and then .
          .fffffffff_____
          .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
          .ffffff|ff __fffff|
          .fffffff\______/
          .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
          .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
          .fffff\________/
          .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
          .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
          .fff\__________/

Comment

To pull a real world analogy: you guys are pulling a Ford/GM. You're refusing to listen to the market's (playerbase) demands. They demand distension ATM, but you keep wanting to sell them pubs and TWL. I'm not saying that you need to stop all production on the TWL front, but you'd better get your contigencies going, or you're going to collapse on yourselves. TWL is like the Esclade... you guys hype it up, so that everyone wants it, but in reality few can afford it. Distension is the Kia... it's affordable to everyone, snobs stick there nose up to it, and it breaks everynow and then .

----------------------------------------

God your gay. Vehicle, you should tell this guy to be quiet since he isn't helping your case at all.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post

----------------------------------------

God your gay. Vehicle, you should tell this guy to be quiet since he isn't helping your case at all.
              GOOD COMEBACK

o noes, i'm not convincing the immovable wall that is kthx
              .fffffffff_____
              .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
              .ffffff|ff __fffff|
              .fffffff\______/
              .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
              .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
              .fffff\________/
              .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
              .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
              .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
              .fff\__________/

Comment

homie you were doing good on the analogy until you hit the Escalade part

should have stopped there
                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

people are going to act the same regardless

is hyperspace still active and going strong? is it growing?

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

the hyperspace moderators dont give half a shit whether ppl play it or not, and are fucking assholes, 100% (except you, d1 :P)

dont use a dead zone as an example.

also dank, you shouldnt argue with someone that isnt intelligent enough to understand what YOU'RE means...
                    The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                    SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Hyperspace is cyclical, especially since we are continuously changing things. Right after resets is usually when the zone is most active. The main thing holding Hyperspace back right now is time. None of us have it. There are plenty of awesome things we would like to do that would almost definitely boost population but we're trying to do things like get degrees instead.

There are some very fundamental differences between Hyperspace and Distension but it doesn't mean that lessons learned in one can't carry over to the other. That goes both ways. Kinda like Wark.

ps. if this is what you consider a "dead" zone, I'm afraid you're very disillusioned about the state of the game as a whole.
                      USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

omg DSB only has around 62 people in it these days

wow even powerball and metal gear are down

:turned:
                        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Well, qan has spoken, and he doesn't want it in pubs. The end.

That doesn't change the fact that they need to somehow be revitalized in order to keep the zone afloat, though.
                          sdg

Comment

Well, qan has spoken, and he doesn't want it in pubs. The end.
                            I really don't want my word to be absolutely final on anything Distension-related; if there are serious arguments put forth for replacing pub with Distension, and that seems to be the consensus, I'd ride the wave. However, I know I'm not the only person that enjoys pub apart from Distension (pressure-free, and sometimes without rules). It's especially relaxing if you're very stoned. At present I don't think there's a big push on that issue, and personally (as one man) I'm also not wild about it... that's all I meant to say in the thread I posted recently. Even if I were head of the zone, I would feel very awkward having the final say on anything...

That doesn't change the fact that they need to somehow be revitalized in order to keep the zone afloat, though.
                            Most definitely. I don't know if or how much the voting system + challenge system will help with that, but I suppose we'll find that out this weekend.

Comment

qan: surfer.
                              The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                              SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Working...
                              X