Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't there enough prac-arenas in TW during TWL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why aren't there enough prac-arenas in TW during TWL?

Code:
        jones> cap me, i got 4
    Warbird dueling: Freq 1 vs. Freq 2
      Zoooooom> cap
    Apok assigned as captain for Freq 1
          beam> cap
    beam assigned as captain for Freq 2
    I can understand that you are shutting down most of TWD arenas when games are on, what I don't understand is the how weird it is for staff to have multiple wbduel/javduel/base arenas in effect, not to mention how hard it is to start these sort of things.

Can every TWLD cap get powers in wbduel as well as an every-5-minute-or-so-spam-function, or is this completely taboo?
    Someone, please elaborate on this.

thanks
    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Interesting point, certainly think the wbduel idea is good point, don't see why that's super hard to implement, if not this maybe we can get a bot in squad areana with some simple powers for to make games within squad.
    2:Enf> some say he's been playing since 1998, others say he has the skill of someone who started playing yesterday.. all we know is that he's called Flion

1:Cap> Crunchy Nut> man ur sister is easier than that cone I got the other day

Comment

I fail to understand why you cant just go to a private arena and play there. If your just practicing who needs to spec and who cares what squad you get to play with. Or you could just sit there and play with yourselves. You don't need a bot to practice.
      ?find dads revenge

Comment

You do realize that squads used to.. go to private arenas and duel each other, and people would actually spec at 10 without a bot.. and not kill before the game started back before TWD. Maybe you could just do that again.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by dads revenge View Post
          I fail to understand why you cant just go to a private arena and play there. If your just practicing who needs to spec and who cares what squad you get to play with. Or you could just sit there and play with yourselves. You don't need a bot to practice.
          then again, we don't need bots for twld either, hence you are missing the point.

of course squads (we) do this already alot of times, it would just be more convenient with wbduel, but i do understand what you are saying.

and yeah, kthx i have played many sd's, i usually do it when twd is down as well too. but the question still remains.
          Last edited by Jones; 02-08-2009, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Answer: If I gave it to all the caps then there would just be a fight for why we can't all get a turn. Cure for a symptom, not the problem. We don't let staff members bring bots in for private practice in arenas either, since not all squads have that access.

The best solution is to remove everyone's bot access if you're in TWL. Then you all have to legitimately call it and then bitch at eachother for not calling first.
            DELETED

Comment

i'm not satisfied with the answer, that's fine.

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=35967
              <3 smooth

Comment

this
                Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                  You do realize that squads used to.. go to private arenas and duel each other, and people would actually spec at 10 without a bot.. and not kill before the game started back before TWD. Maybe you could just do that again.
                  that brought back memories. :P

Comment

Again I must refer to the SSCX Chaos/Leage Zone SVS, which is by far much more superior and mature than this. Sorry, better luck next time, Trench wars.

At the match time, much more people log on than usual. (600 for this zone?). Some of them are just the ones that play only on sundays. I suppose a warmup dd would not be a too bad idea. In SVS, you have more prac arenas opened than usually, which gives more space to prac, whereas matches are still populated by those who usually log on during weekdays and need no prac. Sorry, but i don't find watching one-bullet struggles and witnessing childish spam every second fun. Hence if I get no tw prac on sunday, i log off. Simple.
                    2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
                    2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
                    2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

Who cares about shitty zones like SSCX Chaos anymore, it might have been respectable 10 years ago but it is obvious that TWL is the premier league in subspace.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by dads revenge View Post
                        I fail
                        hahahha jk love u dad
                        4:BigKing> xD
                        4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                        4:BigKing> what did i do???
                        4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                        4:BigKing> ???? why though
                        4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                        4:BigKing> xD

Comment

Jones Shut The Fuck Up Who Cares?

S T F U

Comment

YOu cant even have a private match with a bot in a private arena during twl. mirrorrim took our bot away one time.
                            4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                            4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                            4:Geio> DEEZ?
                            4:Geio> LOLOL
                            4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                            4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                            4:spirit> LOL
                            4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                            4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

We try to keep the number of active bots down while TWL is running because traditionally it has put a strain on the bot server's resources. This has lead to multiple crashes in previous TWL season so it's more about trying to avoid a disaster then anything else.

Comment

Working...
                              X