Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do in Trench Wars when you don't play Distension?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zerzera View Post
    When I came home this afternoon I played in pub for a few minutes and my lag was .1% .1%

Now I came on again a few hours later. 7:30pm and basing was going on. But it's unplayable, the server is spiking and my lag is 1.8%

Thanks Distension, I shortened the 1.5 hours I had in mind to play to 20 minutes.

logging off, enjoy your non-TW related subgame.

???

You're wondering why your lag is high during your peak time and low during our bottom time? Immediately you attribute it to distension, right after your other argument against distension was dismissed. Really, i'm crying for you since you can't play with 1.8% packet loss... yet i have to deal with euro players who lag worse than this on a constant basis.

But let me guess, you would have shortened that 1.5 hrs down if the purepub wasn't full and ?go base was down too, right? Wasn't that your original argument?
    ???
    .fffffffff_____
    .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
    .ffffff|ff __fffff|
    .fffffff\______/
    .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
    .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
    .fffff\________/
    .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
    .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
    .fff\__________/

Comment

SCREW DP, BLAME DISTENSION
      The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
      SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera View Post
        When I came home this afternoon I played in pub for a few minutes and my lag was .1% .1%

Now I came on again a few hours later. 7:30pm and basing was going on. But it's unplayable, the server is spiking and my lag is 1.8%

Thanks Distension, I shortened the 1.5 hours I had in mind to play to 20 minutes.

logging off, enjoy your non-TW related subgame.
        I have a headache and I'm reading this post. This post clearly caused my headache!

Get it?

If this is such a big issue for you, how come you didn't complain about it in your original post? Surely you would have had the same type of lag, right? Right? Or maybe it's just that you're blaming random shit on Distension in an attempt to prove how much it sucks.

The server packetloss issue (which seemed only to affect Euro players) was a random happening today. This hasn't happened in a while, and certainly has nothing to do with Distension. Try again!

Originally posted by soupero View Post
        I just think the game is stupid, but many people love it so they play it. They stop playing tourny or javduel or any other game. When I come online during the weekend there is nothing to do in TW.
        "I'm so angry! People should have to play the games I like! You're all faggots for not playing the games I want to play!"

You're the 10 year old on the school yard kicking a soccer ball around by himself while everyone else is having fun playing basketball, and then throwing a tantrum about it.

Also, Distension is only run at 1am on the weekend. Try again!
        sdg

Comment

TW is dying and Distension is the scapegoat.

The only thing I played was ?go base occasionally, now I play distension instead because you are guaranteed a spot(not a popularity contest) and it is on a set time. Maybe people could learn from distension and structure event hosting more rigidly to up player turnout.
          Sit down.
          Stand up.
          Walk into
          The jaws of hell.
          Anytime. Anytime.
          We can wipe you out

Comment

Also, even though Stabwound is a terrible terr, he runs Distension very well, and is one of the most competent mods in TW right now.
            Sit down.
            Stand up.
            Walk into
            The jaws of hell.
            Anytime. Anytime.
            We can wipe you out

Comment

i dont like stabwound, but hes doing his job, and i have no reason to complain (except for biased shuffling... )

wish tw staff would notice the complaining would stop once they do their job consistantly....
              The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
              SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound View Post
                You're the 10 year old on the school yard kicking a soccer ball around by himself while everyone else is having fun playing basketball, and then throwing a tantrum about it.
                You plowed my soccer field so you can play in the mud with your buddies.

See, I never complained to people about them playing EG or Hockey. If they didn't want to play Trench Wars that's not my problem.

If "everyone" is having fun playing "basketball", why is Distension not the zone then?

I can answer that for you.

I didn't change my argument, you are simply denying Trench Wars players service for the sake of a sub-zone.

Now I will gladly monitor the effect that running distension has on the zone, but giving you proof wouldn't change the fact that you are willing to put distension above Trench Wars. Since you are already doing that.
                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

ill just post here for my avatar
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I am not knocking Distension at all...but I happened to be one of those players that when I had a free 1/2 hour to kill, I would jump on and play pub or sit in ?go base and see if I got picked for a quick game, but I really can't say that I have had any interest to come back and play.

Pub has become a free for all of which mostly happens outside the base...in fact why even have a base anymore...just make it an open arena to allow for ppl to spawn kill and fly lev/ter's. The point of playing base is all but history, especially when the last times I had signed on there may have been 3 - 5 ppl lurking in ?go base.

Maybe the idea is wrong to move Distension. Leave it as it is since there is so much popularity with this game. Maybe the zone should limit any form of TW all together except at certain times of the day or on weekends?

All I can say and testify is that since pure pub died, so did my interest in playing the game. This is why I deleted the game and most likely will not re-load the game at all. Once you lose a player in TW, you've pretty much lost them except for an occasional log-in.

I hope Distension succeeds since it has the population and interest to do so, but from an original beta SS players opinion, the game of TW (basing) is all but dead....at least it was as of the last time I played.
                    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
                      I hope Distension succeeds since it has the population and interest to do so, but from an original beta SS players opinion, the game of TW (basing) is all but dead....at least it was as of the last time I played.
                      Dude, if basing is what TW is about then distension is 100% about TW. It's a giant 2-base basing game.

But I see your point about purepub.
                      .fffffffff_____
                      .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                      .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                      .fffffff\______/
                      .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                      .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                      .fffff\________/
                      .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                      .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                      .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                      .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/