Tweak Continuum Settings with Fast Computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweak Continuum Settings with Fast Computers

Since we all now have fast computers, faster than needed for the direct draw technology and default settings of continuum, what settings should we use to max out?

for example, besides setting the color to depth to 32, what else should we do to take full advantages of our machines and continuum?

should we tell it to force some graphics in memory? should we check no frame limit? what else?

Originally posted by Tone View Post
    Since we all now have fast computers, faster than needed for the direct draw technology and default settings of continuum, what settings should we use to max out?

for example, besides setting the color to depth to 32, what else should we do to take full advantages of our machines and continuum?

should we tell it to force some graphics in memory? should we check no frame limit? what else?

lol tone makes a thread not about aliens and everyone ignores him

there's a thread like this (i think) geared more towards stripping it down to run faster. i think people are more concerned with it running fast than optimizing colors and flashy graphics.

but to answer the question to an extent, checking the "no frame limit" box can help or hurt you. just depends on whehter or not your system is going to run at 40 fps the whole time without it checked, or if it's going to jump from 100 to 5,000 everynow and then if you do check it.
    .fffffffff_____
    .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
    .ffffff|ff __fffff|
    .fffffff\______/
    .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
    .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
    .fffff\________/
    .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
    .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
    .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
    .fff\__________/

Comment

WWAD?

What Would Aliems Do?

Comment

there are some nice "holographic" ship sets which look just like normal ss but 10x better - i used to get 200+ fps but mine dropped to 35 when i used all of them. (but then again i have a good but oldish gfx card)

look around in subspacedownloads.com there's as few there.

Comment

Working...
        X