1v1 Ladder - ?go dueltest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1v1 Ladder - ?go dueltest

For a while now 2dragons and myself have been working on bringing a 1v1 League to TrenchWars.

You will be happy to know that our progress has been great recently and to further our development we have opened ?go dueltest.
    This arena contains a bot named DuelBot, currently unfinished but still capable of hosting duels.

Feel free to go there and have a quick duel with a friend and please give any comments and feedback to either myself of 2dragons. Noone's suggestions/ideas will be ignored.

The are currently 3 Ladders; Warbird, Javelin + Spider.
    We've thought about including a Lancaster Ladder too so please reply to this thread with your opinion on the matter.

Here are the first working DuelBot commands (also accessible by PMing !help)

!signup - Before duelling you must signup to the league.
    !setrules - You may set your rules. Here is a description of each rule.
    • winby2 - If the score becomes 9-9 then to win you must take a 2 point lead. ie. A game could finish 19-17 or 16-14 if necessary.
    • 5 - Duel to 5 deaths instead of 10
    • nc - Double Kills (Not Counted). If 2 players kill each other at the same time, that point will not count.
    • warp - Each box has 10 warp coordinates and if you are killed you will be randomly warped to one of them. This is good if you do not wish to spawn right next to your partner each death.

example of usage: !setrules nc warp or !setrules winby2 5 warp depending on which rules you wish to turn On.

!challenge [name]:[ladder#] - Challenges name to a duel in whatever ladder ([i]- Ladder#s: 1-warbird, 2-javelin, 3-spider.)

!accept [name] - accept a challenge from [name]

!lagout - put you back into your game.

Note: Any duels that take place in ?go dueltest are not recorded and saved to a database. At this stage it is just for fun and bot/map testing purposes.

We hope you have a great time dueling with friends and at the same time helping us structuring this league perfectly before it launches.
    Don't forget, please give any comments you can, they will all be noted and used to make the league the best it can be and bring TW to the next level.

-Method

GJ Method
    EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
    cool koen> :)
    PRiMORDiAL> pfft
    cool koen> not because of a bug
    EvoLd> Lol
    Treachery> meh
    EvoLd> why then?
    PubAceR> women in power dont last
    EvoLd> LOl
    toaster oven reviews

Comment

Originally posted by dimboy2
      GJ Method
      2dragons is the man behind the DuelBot coding

Comment

Theres a bug if opponent specs or quits during a duel u can't challenge or be challenged again . And yeah lancesters would be nice i mean if u don't wanna play em don't not like they gonna do any harm. Then multifire should be added always in javs and lancs...

p.s

Nice job creating this!
        MODERATOR WARNING: STOP SEXUALLY HARASSING ME, MEANIE :( -Angel <ZH>

Comment

OMG THIS TOTALLY ROCKS
          I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Awesome job

It seemed like there were a lot of rocks on the warbird map, maybe a little too much but I could be wrong.

Comment

The big rocks suck. =/
              Originally posted by Diakka
              Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

This is very nice. Good job guys.

Some bugs: (well 2d allready knows I believe)
                Bot doesn't print your 8th kill.
                If you challenge multiple persons and one accepts, it doesn't show who you are playing.
                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera

If you challenge multiple persons and one accepts, it doesn't show who you are playing.
                  Does it matter? You should try to kill anyway.
                  Ok so it might be useful and might help those E-Leet players who apply some kind of spooky advanced tactics against different players.
                  Suggestion: Beeing able to pick arenas: I've always wanted to WB duel in jav arenas. like !challenge name:ladder:arena where 1 means rocky junkyard and 2 a high-tech 2d wannabe house.

Anyone know when the games will start to be recorded and ladders built? And when it starts are ppl allowed to "double-nick"?

And what is the !signup for? I don't really know what it helps.
                  5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                  5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                  5: Da1andonly> =((
                  5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                  5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                  5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

there going to be ranking too? thats cool then

its like ?go duel in dz where i own roxy
                    Matthew> Goddness is fat and has big fingers takes ur 1 hour to start a game <probbly eating>

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                      Suggestion: Beeing able to pick arenas: I've always wanted to WB duel in jav arenas. like !challenge name:ladder:arena where 1 means rocky junkyard and 2 a high-tech 2d wannabe house.

interesting

Anyone know when the games will start to be recorded and ladders built?

when the bot is completed and the site is finished

And when it starts are ppl allowed to "double-nick"?

that will get you warned +or disqualified

And what is the !signup for? I don't really know what it helps.

we're thinking of maybe creating user profiles on the site

Comment

Originally posted by Webbb Llama v1.5
                        OMG THIS TOTALLY ROCKS
                        some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                        1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                        1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

Terr dueling please mef.

Comment

sharks would be nice too....

Comment

make multiple arenas, so its not so damn crowded, limit the number of games played at a time.

thin the crowd out a little bit.

this is a cool thing. have a test period then reset all the scores and start it forreal.

wow gj staff on this one.
                              Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Working...
                              X