?go base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?go base

don't care about basing much since i can't play it but thought i'd shoot an idea out there, maybe could be implimented in pure pub if disagreed upon for ?go base arena

idea: Captains don't pick their teammates. Every game, everyone who wants to play just enters the game and 8 people are picked by the bot at random to play for each team. any remaining players (if there's more than 8 on a freq) will be spec'd. The bot automates who will be terrier, and who will be the 2 sharks. everyone else is spid or the team votes with !vote PLAYERNAME:Ship# and if there is a majority vote the player is overthrown.
    example:
    Player A has been chosen by the Basing God to play as Terrier.
    Players C,D,E, and F all !vote Player B:5
    It has been voted that Player B will switch with Player A.
    Player B is now terrier. Player A is now Spider.
    One minute is given after teams are built before the game begins so all important roles like terrier and shark are given to the right people.

If a player is lagged out, say..
    Player A has specced/left arena. The bot now looks for anybody that has !available enabled to the bot to play this round (needs to be activated each round to play so no AFK players are put in by the bot)
    Player J is now playing as a Spider in substitute of Player A.

If a player isn't performing his or her duties and is just pissing people off, a simple !voteoff (or !vo) Player Z will select a new player from spec with !available to play for Player Z.
    Player A> Z what are you doing?
    Player B> z stop goofing around
    Player C> z, play or be voted off
    Player Z> LOLZ CANT DO NOTHIN BOUT IT BOI
    Player A,B,C,D do !vo Player Z
    Player Z has been substituted by Player X.

Is there a player on your team that would like to jav and is known to be good at it?
    a team vote of: !sc Player Y:2(/7/6)
    Player Y has been changed from Spider to Javelin(/Lancaster/Weasel.)

Has a player chose javelin at the beginning of the match and isn't very good at it?
    !sc Player G:3
    Player G has been changed from Javelin to Spider.

it's still player-run, but everyone will be able to play.
    ----

this could work for both ?go base and purepub, just gotta change a few things accordingly It sure solves the problem of captains picking people they know instead of new people, shunning them out. Could bring the spotlight to some people we've never heard of and will help the basing community grow.

call it a horrible idea but im sure some of you jeenyusses out there can improve on my idea. there's definitely more to add and change to this, just needs some creativity. go ahead and add some more things to this if you want. just thought a fresh idea for review couldn't HARM anything

sry guys, just had my coffee and was bored, haha.
    Last edited by Xog; 05-27-2009, 01:00 PM.

In before irrelevant homosexuality remark

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm View Post
      In before irrelevant homosexuality remark
      in after an asian post about an irrevelant homosexuality remark post.

Comment

i like the idea of voting people out of ships, but the way it is already is much easier than coding to choose a player besides previously random-chosen players for ships that determine the entire game. i also like that people should be free to choose anything they want other than spider, with a vote to change. otherwise it's great just to add and quickly play. maybe there should be a base2, where it auto-advertises when base reaches above 16 players.
        The effects that are planned to be studied on the kinetic level are: Laminar and turbulent flow; the transition between both; thermodynamics and self-organisation of complex plasma flows; solitons and shocks; interfaces and plasma instabilities; agglomeration and disagglomeration. For low-frequency excitation and confining particles modulated RF coils and high-voltage supplies are foreseen.

Comment

Here's a full system example of how it would work.
          Basing match will begin in two minutes. Enter your desired ship. One minute until lock.
          20 people enter the match with the ship they want.

freq 1
          Player A - terr
          Player B - shark
          Player C - spider
          Player D - shark
          Player E - spider
          Player F - spider
          Player G - terrier
          Player H - shark
          Player I - spid
          Player J - spid

freq 2
          Player K
          Player L
          Player M
          Player N
          Player O
          Player P
          Player Q
          Player R
          Player S
          Player T

One minute is up. Players I, J, S, and T have been spec'd (please assume these players were chosen at random and not just the last ones to enter the match). You have one minute to vote your team's player ships.

Freq 1
          Player A is voted as Terr, switching with player G as terrier.
          Player G is voted to spider.
          Players B & C voted as shark, replacing player H as a shark.
          Player H has been voted to spider.
          Player D voted as lancaster
          Players E, F, G, H are spiders.

Final Lineup:
          Freq 1:
          Player A - Terrier
          Player B - Shark
          Player C - Shark
          Player D - Lancaster
          Player E - Spider
          Player F - Spider
          Player G - Spider
          Player H - Spider

same thing happens with freq 2.

Final minute is up. Game started in 10 seconds.
          GO GO GO!

2 minutes in to game,

Player G specs, bot replaces Player G with Player U because he had !available enabled.

A few more minutes, Player A isn't doing a good terrier job, team can vote three ways:
          !vo Player A:Player V (basically a sub, player has to have !available enabled)
          !vote Player A:Player E (teammate switch)
          or
          !sc Player A:3
          !sc Player E:5
          (A changed to E's ship, E changed to A's ship)

it's a little scrambly here with lots of commands but it could be simpled up by someone with more spare time than me

Comment

What if everyone refuses to vote, or just some people. We already have the problem everywhere else, where votes with 3/25 people vote and its passed, or nobody looks at the blue chat soon enough and everyone's disappointed and mid-game nobody is going to stop and have the time to find the bot with manual name-slot selecting and trigger the command with everyone else (or what, majority? what if majority are mutinous?) to get something passed.

It seems a little too complicated for people just coming from pubs, and you were going on about narcissism. I still think it's perfectly fine, except we should unlock for non-basing ships and allow for players to make the bot display a vote-player-out-of-ship. Also the base2 auto-advertisement at 2x basing1's capacity.
            The effects that are planned to be studied on the kinetic level are: Laminar and turbulent flow; the transition between both; thermodynamics and self-organisation of complex plasma flows; solitons and shocks; interfaces and plasma instabilities; agglomeration and disagglomeration. For low-frequency excitation and confining particles modulated RF coils and high-voltage supplies are foreseen.

Comment

Originally posted by disorder View Post
              What if everyone refuses to vote, or just some people. We already have the problem everywhere else, where votes with 3/25 people vote and its passed, or nobody looks at the blue chat soon enough and everyone's disappointed and mid-game nobody is going to stop and have the time to find the bot with manual name-slot selecting and trigger the command with everyone else (or what, majority? what if majority are mutinous?) to get something passed.

It seems a little too complicated for people just coming from pubs, and you were going on about narcissism. I still think it's perfectly fine, except we should unlock for non-basing ships and allow for players to make the bot display a vote-player-out-of-ship. Also the base2 auto-advertisement at 2x basing1's capacity.
              I was thinking about the voting problem already and I'm thinking of a way that would prevent that from happening.

1 captain per team, chosen upon request to a mod/host like usual. If there is some way to make the captain of a team force or veto if there isn't enough votes, it could work.

hell, making it 2 votes to make something happen works too. Player B & C vote on player A to change ship #, it switches. All votes forwarded to captain by bot, he agrees or denies?
              BaseBot> Hello Captain, player B & C vote for player A to change to ship #x. !a or !r (agree or reject)
              Last edited by Xog; 05-27-2009, 02:00 PM.

Comment

good idea for 2 vote pass and mod-selected-cap override, but I still think it should only apply for vote-outs rather than vote-ins. and of course the duplicate arena for 2x capacity and the narcissism should be solved while avoiding anything too complicated for pubbers.

Comment

and hell, if nobody wants to do this, they can just add a little feature that has it so that a match starts like it normally does now, and have the captain pick only the people who they want to be main roles like terr and shark. then everyone else is put in at random. This way, you have the main roles not being screwed up and anyone who wants to play as a spid can enter the game without having the captain pick.

So it would work like this:
                  Player A assigned as captain for freq 1
                  Player B assigned as captain for freq 2

Player A's turn to pick
                  Player C is assigned Terrier for freq 1

Player B's turn to pick.
                  Player D is assigned Terrier for freq 2

Player A's turn to pick
                  Player E is assigned shark for freq 1

Player B's turn to pick.
                  Player F is assigned shark for freq 2

Player A's turn to pick.
                  Player G is assigned shark for freq 1

Player B's turn to pick.
                  Player H is assigned shark for freq 2.

Main ships have been entered. Please enter as a spider if you wish you play.
                  Everyone enters in as spider, all remaining excess of players are chosen at random to be spec'd. Game begins. Captains have the commands to the bots that they have with the current system in place.

Doing it this way will allow a wider variety of players to start basing. I think this is a much better idea than what I originally mentioned, and it'll be a lot easier to program because it just needs to be edited into the current bot.

Comment

I know the average go base captain is semi-retarded , me included, but I don't think a step towards more bot-automation is what we want to go for here.
                    Originally posted by paradise!
                    pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
                    1:Reaver> HALP
                    1:Reaver> HELELP
                    1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
                    1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by Salubrious View Post
                      I know the average go base captain is semi-retarded , me included, but I don't think a step towards more bot-automation is what we want to go for here.

my last post is actually less bot automation. people enter the game and play.

Comment

Obviously the bot is going to seem biased, removing two decent players from one team, and two indecent from the other. I imagine the trouble would magnify from the perspective of the players in spec, compared to current complaint proportions.

It'd be a mad race to fill up because people would assume the time of the add is somehow choosing it. How random can random actually be with 20% spiders needing to be removed of a total 5.

Just allow the players to choose whatever ship they want if you're going to force some of them out, so there will be some consolation if only idiot ship choices from newbies get left in, so the cap can just override that and add the better ones.

If you really want to base so bad you need to get a bding squad, it's just the way that competitive basing has to be.

Also, maybe there could be a furthered incentive to host the 'base map next going into pubs' several times a day, the entire week before it's implementation.

Comment

Originally posted by disorder View Post
                          Obviously the bot is going to seem biased, removing two decent players from one team, and two indecent from the other. I imagine the trouble would magnify from the perspective of the players in spec, compared to current complaint proportions.

It'd be a mad race to fill up because people would assume the time of the add is somehow choosing it. How random can random actually be with 20% spiders needing to be removed of a total 5.
                          It's not a mad race, all the spiders in the game are chosen at random to be spec'd, leaving a total of 8 players each team (5 spiders, or 4 depending on if there's a lanc/wb/weasel/jav) which means 5 people are being chosen to be spec'd.
                          Say..
                          Xog is terr
                          Disorder & Salubrious are sharks.
                          7 players enter as spider on my freq. Out of those 7, two are chosen, at random, to be spec'd. Not first come first serve.

Originally posted by disorder
                          Just allow the players to choose whatever ship they want if you're going to force some of them out, so there will be some consolation if only idiot ship choices from newbies get left in, so the cap can just override that and add the better ones.
                          The captain has the same rights and commands to a bot as it does right now, so if a player is in a wb and he needs him as a spider, he can either sub him with another player or change his ship for him.

Originally posted by disorder
                          If you really want to base so bad you need to get a bding squad, it's just the way that competitive basing has to be.

Also, maybe there could be a furthered incentive to host the 'base map next going into pubs' several times a day, the entire week before it's implementation.
                          Unfortunately I was permanently banned from TW a few years ago and no longer have any access to the zone. I'd love to come back but I don't think Rudy would ever let me.

Comment

Originally posted by Xog View Post
                            Unfortunately I was permanently banned from TW a few years ago and no longer have any access to the zone. I'd love to come back but I don't think Rudy would ever let me.
                            Rudy wouldnt like you because despite his own shortcomings, he hates fags like every other normal person
                            I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                            I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Thought Xog was banned
                              Awesome> i'm 20.. and definately bigger than you... where do you live, if i ever take a vacation there i'll come beat you up 7:Ripper> hahah
                              7:destroy> he'll come to smash you with his keyboard
                              7:death row> lol keyboard. must be thug =(((
                              7:LofTy> Rofl Drow

Sika> 5:Rich> i went bowling with lofty irl

death row> just throw in a disclaimer: drunk lofty, cannot be responsible for drunk lofty's opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X