Achievements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Achievements

So I've been thinking about this for a while... and a moderator in EG actually reminded me... what do you guys think about having xbox style achievements for various things...

I'd create an addin of some sort that all the bots would load... and we could have achievements for pub, league games, events, elims, etc...

Things like... "kill 20 people in a cloaker for the "SUPER STEALTH" achievement... which would then allow you to get the "FREAKING NINJA" at 100 kills.. etc... things like "hold the flag on a solo freq for "someother achievement"...

But I'd create a ton of them... have an achivements board & bot so you could brag about them... make some only attainable in events... "win while terring turretwar2"... getting banned for a year could be an achivement... haha..

Anyway... let me know what you guys think... if you like it I'll start work on the bot portion and see what achievements we can come up with .

Usage achievements.. etc.. I could make it so in pub, for some of the harder to obtain achievements, it notifies the arena... "Kill 50 people in under 5 minutes in pub""

*arena adaM unlocked the 'RAMBO' achievement.

Maybe I wouldn't make public all the achievements.. so you have to just play & figure it out... and as you find out you could filter it out to players..

This would include things like TWLJ champ.. be on the winning team... TWLJ MVP.. be on the winning team & mvp... etc...

Yeah im done talking.
    Volcs> !sex
    Volcs> WTF WHY WONT IT WORK
    Volcs> FUCK ME!! !SEX!SEX
    Volcs> !sex!sex!sex!
    Volcs> !sex on
    Volcs> !fuckyou

{}{}{}
    Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it's not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way. The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won't. it's whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.:fear:

Comment

I wont mind if this shit goes up.
      Finally unbanned!

Comment

I support this 100percent!

Good job with the idea adam. I'll be motivated even more to play tw and unlock achievments
        TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
        2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
        TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
        TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
        cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
        Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

And.. even though the bragging rights should be good enough... maybe we can implement uses for the acheivements as well...

Like featured on the front of trenchwars.org.. person with most acheivements... Maybe implement AcheivementPoints which can buy you things in pub... like a ton of bounty for fun... et.c.
          Volcs> !sex
          Volcs> WTF WHY WONT IT WORK
          Volcs> FUCK ME!! !SEX!SEX
          Volcs> !sex!sex!sex!
          Volcs> !sex on
          Volcs> !fuckyou

Comment

i like mission objectives that reset every 2nd wednesday with pts

25 streak in wb unlocks ability to ?buy one repel

spider gets multifire at 25

every ship needs a new goal each pt reset

maybe terr can get a goofy one, like reverse rockets.

there should also be weekend event bonuses, or maybe even just event achievement points for being on the winning team.

maybe if enough people get 50 achievement points each on the same squad they can get warzone hosted for the coming weekend, so their squad gets to use nightwasp or something, but has to be on their own freq.
            The effects that are planned to be studied on the kinetic level are: Laminar and turbulent flow; the transition between both; thermodynamics and self-organisation of complex plasma flows; solitons and shocks; interfaces and plasma instabilities; agglomeration and disagglomeration. For low-frequency excitation and confining particles modulated RF coils and high-voltage supplies are foreseen.

Comment

It's great idea if it's handled properly. Usually when TW is about dead there is nothing to do (mr.obvious), with little luck you find turret to chase or maybe belim gets more than 3 players. But with achievements there would be something to do to keep you entertained at least little longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Phred View Post
                It's great idea if it's handled properly. Usually when TW is about dead there is nothing to do (mr.obvious), with little luck you find turret to chase or maybe belim gets more than 3 players. But with achievements there would be something to do to keep you entertained at least little longer.
                weekdays from 2am-2pm EST, the only arenas with players in them are pub0, elimbeta, and belimbeta. pub0 fills to 40, and when you do get in you find the team you're stuck on is LTing and destroying any chances at competitive basing. elimbeta and belimbeta, housing everyone else, have 25-30 people in spec for 10+ minutes at a time. when you do get in, the coding accidently tricks everyone to vote for cloaks or lancs or something. happened to me yesterday so i complained and adam hosted ?go javelin. without adam i'd have logged off. he told me ?go base was the solution to the pub arena population settings. i told him they wouldn't be able to get base started for hours. halfway through adams event they tried to get ?go base going. 7 people arrived and then they all left in 5 minutes.

we absolutely need this goal oriented change

lol, i feel like that scene in forest gump after he speaks in front of the washington monument about vietnam. the man in the american flag suit is like..fuck...you said it all man, you said it all...
                Last edited by disorder; 06-25-2009, 08:42 AM.
                The effects that are planned to be studied on the kinetic level are: Laminar and turbulent flow; the transition between both; thermodynamics and self-organisation of complex plasma flows; solitons and shocks; interfaces and plasma instabilities; agglomeration and disagglomeration. For low-frequency excitation and confining particles modulated RF coils and high-voltage supplies are foreseen.

Comment

Originally posted by disorder View Post
                  weekdays from 2am-2pm EST, the only arenas with players in them are pub0, elimbeta, and belimbeta. pub0 fills to 40, and when you do get in you find the team you're stuck on is LTing and destroying any chances at competitive basing. elimbeta and belimbeta, housing everyone else, have 25-30 people in spec for 10+ minutes at a time. when you do get in, the coding accidently tricks everyone to vote for cloaks or lancs or something. happened to me yesterday so i complained and adam hosted ?go javelin. without adam i'd have logged off. he told me ?go base was the solution to the pub arena population settings. i told him they wouldn't be able to get base started for hours. halfway through adams event they tried to get ?go base going. 7 people arrived and then they all left in 5 minutes.

we absolutely need this goal oriented change

lol, i feel like that scene in forest gump after he speaks in front of the washington monument about vietnam. the man in the american flag suit is like..fuck...you said it all man, you said it all...
                  So true.

The last bit, are you the guy with the american flag suit telling yourself that? That's conceited, man.

Achievements, that's an awesome idea. What happens when you've gotten them all?
                  Ну вот...

Comment

I feel like we've talked about this before.. and before.. and before.

Doesn't it always come down to two basic responses?
                    • Cool idea but takes too much work for something not that important. (If you're willing to do it though then great)
                    • Make the achievements unlock something.

I fall into the 2nd response, make the achievements unlock something. Like someone said (think it was disorder) just have them reset every point reset or have a limited number of times your "prize" can be used until the next reset.

I personally see no point in any achievements that don't serve a function like prizing something or giving an ability. But, I guess some people do.
                    (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Working...
                    X