Elim and what is wrong with it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elim and what is wrong with it

I have made many an observation in elim over time. First is that i have to agree that a higher time limit should be put in place. Everytime i appear azn_guy132352 is there to kill me. Other than the time limit increase i say they should put in a spawn timer into elim. MUch like now they are running with the duelbot in dueltest. Say 5 seconds after u spawn if u get killed it will not count. Even making these few alterations to the rules of elim i believe would make it a much better game to play and would eliminate all those "newb" and "spawn" sayings that plague every game. This would help separate most good players fomr lucky ones. I encourage all to post what they think would make elim a better place to play and hopefully with some support a few well needed alterations could be made.
    Your's Truely

~Holy LIght~

ppl have been over this over and over again.... no need to talk about it once more and all agree again on the same shit...

just close this thread now i say

Comment

Or just don't play elim.

Comment

i've got a good idea to fix elim too: BAN WARBIRDS
        problem solved, let's move on.
        plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

i think the biggest problem in elim is the "vulch and run" style that so many people seem to play. the fun part about elim is moving from 1vs1 to 1vs1 and going along that way. the players that can succeed by doing that are the really good ones.

it's not so much the fact that people vulch in elim either. it's that they run after. ie. i'll be fighting one player and for about 20 seconds this idiot on the edge of my radar just keeps shooting at the two of us and crossing his fingers. so i just stop, turn around and go after the 3rd guy, who in turn, hightails it out of there, maybe flying backwards slowly trying to get you to chase.

it's just sad when you see people playing styles that, if everybody in the whole arena did, would ruin the game.

this is done alot, my theory goes at least, because of aliased players trying to rank themselves. if everybody had to be accountable for their playing style i think elim would get alot better, heck, it might even lower the spawn rate.

my proposition is that people have to register to play elim (like ?go dueltest). only 1 name per person kinda thing. it's not likely to happen and such, but it might help out. give it a thought
          Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
          Philos> there is something about you
          Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

ty rand for taking this seriously. There is a mjor problem with elim in its current state thats takes away fomr a lot of good players. Your theory is a good one rand, or course there is flaws as with anything but u r on the right track. Invisibullets is also a problem i find now but i guess making a ping cap would be kinda a lot to ask. anywho i hope ppl keep reading this and making suggestions
            Your's Truely

~Holy LIght~

Comment

Well Rand I sorta do what you said, at least in the beginning of elims. Not because I dont think I can beat ppl 1 on 1 or because Im completely obbsessed with doing well, but because I feel I have to. I simply found that it is nearly impossible to do well in elim anymore unless you run a fair amount and do "fly by's" on other players. When I decided to start trying in TW again, I would play elim as nicely as possible. I tried to stick to fighting people on my screen, I kept vulching to a minimum and I never ever spawned. Of course I ended up with a rank of 100-150 because playing that way leaves a person open to exactly what you mention Rand, plus the normal strays and vulches which alone are annoying as hell.

Heres where I stand on what is and isnt "lame" in elim:

Vulching

Well ive found that people's definition of vulching is quite diverse. Originally, vulching was used to complain at another player who had swooped in and "stole" a kill from you by killing the guy you were fighting. Now ppl think its anytime you kill some1 without officially declaring your intentions to fight them (a lil exagerated, but pretty close to it). Now some people vulch by thrusting in from off radar and taking a quick shot, while others just snip from radar. I usually do the latter because my close up aim is rusty and lag can hurt you or help u doing it.

Is vulching lame? Not really as far as things go in TW. You can avoid it simply by paying attention to your radar. If you know ppl are thrusting in at you, back away and take a pot shot or two and they will leave u alone or die. If ppl are sniping at u, learn to dodge and after 2-3 misses most players will move on to another target.

Spawning

There are two kinds of spawning: when you come back to life and some1 else kills you within a couple secs or when you are flying around and some1 revives close to u and kills u. Spawning is very lame for two reasons. First off, you can rarely avoid it. If you reappear and some1 shoots at u from a couple inches, you cant dodge it. Second, it requires no skill. To successfully vulch you have to know what you are doing, their is no finesse or style to spawning. Its sad, it pisses ppl off more than anything, and its still responsible for a good deal of my deaths. Another thing that really gets to me is that by choosing to never spawn others, I end up dieing more often. I realize ppl r going to shoot at me when they or I reappear, but I just cant bring myself to fire first, or even fire back.

Well thats the ramblings of one disgruntled vet. On a happier note I had my best game in elim ever last night 24-2. Started 1-1 had 20 straight kills with 327 bounty, died and then took the last 2 ppl out

Comment

It's been said before, but I think I'll just refresh everyone's memory:

There is no such thing as vulching in elim.

The whole idea of elim is to be watching for everyone--just because you're "duelling" with one person doesn't mean it isn't perfectly legal for someone else to shoot you from a different direction. It's a dumb excuse.
                Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

If everybody spawned at every oppurtunity it wouldn't be considered lame, it'd just be bad luck. That's how I feel at least
                  I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

ban elim, hurray to dueltest

dueltest to 5 at least :/
                    some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                    1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                    1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd

how fucking hard is this to understand? this is not dueling zone.

as far as spawning.. I used to get pissed, now I just do it.. and i'm much happier with my elim time. don't get pissed and try to get everyone else to play your way.. just play it the way it is. if they decide to put a "spawn timer" thingie on it, then everyone will play differently, but it's not there.. you can shoot when you start, and you can be shot, so just do it.
                      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd

The whole idea of elim is to be watching for everyone--just because you're "duelling" with one person doesn't mean it isn't perfectly legal for someone else to shoot you from a different direction. It's a dumb excuse.
                        if you read what i posted again you'll see i don't care about the vulching. if you are dumb enough not to watch your radar that's your own fault. i do care about the chicken that runs off when you try to confront him after he's been trying to "vulch" you.

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

For clarity, I wasn't really addressing that to you, Rand.
                          Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

alright, maybe i have a guilty conscience, sorry

Comment

BASEELIM 4EVA .?gO BASE 4 eVa $$$

Comment

Working...
                              X