To: TW Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To: TW Staff

Hello, well.. I was just thinking since I've never really put any effort in making the zone a better place I might as well try.

Opinions & Trolls are welcomed.

First things first.. Removing racism would definitely be good, because why are we going to bother banning anymore people when we actually need some, take Hockey Zone for example. If you go in there you probably see the nword go around once or twice if that, we obviously have ?obscene for a reason, I mean this idea has been brought to TW Staff plenty of times I'm sure, but I honestly believe it's time for you guys to do something about it. If staff decides to ignore racism, people will stop trying, perhaps trying it for a month or so without it to actually get the feel of it?

Secondly, there used to be this rewards thing that World of Warcraft used to do that kinda got my attention, except you'd get a free month of WoW if a buddy of yours played for a month +. But, I was thinking since this games already free, why not offer Best Buy gift cards for a little contest to see who brings the most IRL-friends into this game or something of that sort.

If any of you haven't really put any ideas into this game, and would like to add something I'm sure TW Staff would appreciate it.

Thanks for reading, I tried my best not to type up a five paragraph essay, cause I do realize some of you are pretty lazy. =P

I like this!
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Funny if people think the most important thing to fix in TW is racism.

Comment

Originally posted by Morh View Post
        this
        1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Morh View Post
          I don't believe I said it's the most important, It was just something I wanted to bring forward to the TW community, it's not in any type of order.. What I really meant to say is banning people for useless stuff like racism is silly, especially when our population is hurting. We need to try as much as possible to keep our current population, we need to see numbers grow!

EDIT: I just had two quick, and overheard ideas.. I just wanted to push it out that's all, morh

Comment

Hmm let me see here. Racism rules should stay to some degree, but with less harsh penalties, pretty sure staff is working on this if it isn't done already.

Cres, maybe we should fix squad captains cheating and getting terrible squads dissolved.

I only like the second idea.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
              Hmm let me see here. Racism rules should stay to some degree, but with less harsh penalties, pretty sure staff is working on this if it isn't done already.

Cres, maybe we should fix squad captains cheating and getting terrible squads dissolved.

I only like the second idea.
              I agree with you wark, all those should be staffs main concerns.. If someones gonna cheat why are we going to bother having them in our zone. We can get rid of those easily, I don't think anyone has a valid argument about not banning cheaters lol.

But yeah, I appreciate your reply wark. Thanks =)

Comment

NP, and my reply was more of a jab at cres.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Thanks for your ideas and reasoning. It's well appreciated.

I totally agree with the anti-racism idea. Unfortunately, I'm not the one on staff that needs to be convinced.

There are already several initiatives towards rewards / achievements / medals ideas. Most recent and most promising initiative is coming from Arobas+.
                  I don't see how giving away money (in the form of Best Buy gift cards) would improve the zone though - we are having problems to keep our current players entertained.
                  Maverick
                  Retired SSCU Trench Wars Super Moderator
                  Retired SSCU Trench Wars Bot Coordinator
                  Retired Trench Wars Core Administrator
                  Subspace Statistics Administrator
                  Former Mervbot plugin developer

Comment

no nononono keep the racism rule real talk

i wouldnt want to say the nword if racism was allowed...
                    (Steadman)>they went out drinking... ogron siaxis and siaxis gf
                    (Steadman)>apparently ogron is EXTREMELY morbidly obese and ridiculously sweaty
                    (Steadman)>and he spend the entire night being awkward and staring at siaxis gf
                    (Steadman)>and after that they did not meet up again...

Iron Survivor> you missed something in your sig. he also smells like cheese

Comment

I just had an idea:

When the medals system is fully integrated we could have a contest for who can earn the most medals every month that gets you a gift certificate or paypal money, whatever. The medals wouldn't be reset every month, rather you could re-earn them the next month so, for instance, a player could get 4 'Win 10 Baseelim' medals if he wins 10 baseelims in four months.

Just a thought.
                      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                      Message has been sent to online moderators
                      2:BLeeN> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>no
                      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                      2:BLeeN> ok then no
                      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                        Ya, I believe they have already came up with a solution for it.. Last night I said Niger and then I said Niger, Africa... Ara came in gave me a warning about racism, and that I was silenced, and if tried evading the silence that it would result in a ban. Then about 20 seconds after I got the warning he told me that the Silence would last an hour. I think that sounds like a fair way to deal with a person saying something racist, or harrassing.
                        Last edited by Exodius; 08-14-2009, 11:32 PM.
                        9:staffeR> naw I won't make my girl swallow it
                        9:RUCCI> if its in your mouth why not swallow....
                        9:GoldDustWoman> ive never noticed the difference
                        9:staffeR> I learned after I got punch'd not to do that to a girl
                        9:RUCCI> i hit my guy in the mouth and she ran for tissues
                        9:RUCCI> GIRL
                        9:milpitas> lies
                        9:milpitas> guy
                        9:GoldDustWoman> lol
                        9:milpitas> u homo rucci
                        9:RUCCI> NO
                        9:milpitas> the truth comes out
                        9:GoldDustWoman> lololol

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                          I don't see how giving away money (in the form of Best Buy gift cards) would improve the zone though
                          the Best Buy gift card was just a random thought, I usually get Best Buy gift cards from my employer so was just something that came up lol

Comment

@Mave We don't need to worry about losing our current players, as most are too addicted to this game to quit.

Introducing the game to friends is a good way of getting players, but many people have done it already. So...... we probably won't have many people brought in.

Also, something good the staff has done which saved TW's population from plummeting is..... putting an end to distension. :headbang::groovy:.
                            1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                            JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                            1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                            http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

Yeah, distension was pretty terrible!

But yeah, you have to introduce this game to someone into this game the correct way.

If you just say "Hey, you should try the 2D Space Ship game that I play it's awesome" you'll automaticly get a no most likely, people tend to think 2D sucks right off the bat, since there are so many 3D Games out there. So you have to think a way to pitch it to them correctly, like say it's an MMO and theres hundreds of people playing it, theres an awesome chat system, etc. It's like offering drugs to someone, if you say "hey wanna take a toke?" they wont, but if you explain how fun it is to get high, and some fun experiences you've had, you'll have them buyin weed off you in no time .

I'm sure you guys get the idea!

Comment

Working...
                              X