Tips for Total NOOBS in ?go base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips for Total NOOBS in ?go base

Ok, I just had a very disappointing day in ?go base yesterday. So here comes the guide to basing games in the spirit of noobs helping noobs. Feel free to add/subtract. Yes, some of this can be found elsewhere. Yes, this is only my opinion. Your mileage may vary. Yadda yadda.

Getting in a game- Don't spam. If you're in ?go base, you want to play. We all know that. Message matchbot ":matchbot:!help" for commands to see the score, who the captains are, etc. "?time" to see how much time is left. Don't whine. Not everyone gets to play. Yes, it's not fair. If you're disappointed, keep it to yourself and you won't hurt your chances of getting in next time.

cap- Learn the commands first. Don't cap and terr unless you have done it before. Make sure you have 8 on your team. The three most common lineups are Euro Style (1 Terr, 2 Sharks, 1 Jav, 4 Spiders), Western World Style (1 Terr, 2 Sharks, 2 Javs, 3 Spiders), and Pallies Style (1 Terr, 2 Sharks, 1 jav, 3 spiders, 1 warbird).

terr- The most important ship, do not terr if you don't know what you're doing. Use your bursts- there's no point holding on to them. Watch how other terrs use their bursts. Know where your team needs to be. Sharks are especially slow- if you can get the shark closer to where it needs to be, it will help a lot. You can also help in making the spider lines even. You can be aggressive if you have a portal, but STAY ALIVE. Relax, don't panic.

shark- Your job is to repel and eat bullets. Don't mine the entrance on the way in to the flag room- the nme shark will repel your mines and kill your team. Don't mine anywhere where the mines can be used against you. Sharks are mostly for defense but there are occasions to attack and rushing the terr. Anticipate javs and wbs. Get the flag. Protect your terr.

spider- Staying alive means you can kill more but don't be afraid of dying. Pushing means dying. Rushing the nme terrier means dying. W/L ratio is overrated, IMO. Don't sit and camp, get where the action is. Cramming the entrance works well for ?go base (less teamwork required). Spider lines firing across the top of the entrance works only if there is teamwork. Even out spider lines. If the nme terr is killed, let your team know (//TD!!), clean up and go lower immediately. Follow your shark and fire through the cover of repels. Fire bullets 1 at a time when nme shark is repelling. Use your bullets (energy) wisely. Get the flag. PROTECT THE TERR! Protect your teammates.

jav- Kill blues. Don't kill yellows. Be aware that shark reps can cause you to kill yellows. Kill the nme terr. Get the flag. Protect the terr.

wb, lanc, x- Fly around. Kill people. Get the flag. Protect the terr.

See ya in ?go base, you noob.

I think we know what the fuck we are suppose to do to the bots and we know what the ships do.
    Erathia> If you're going to lie please, look into it, staff isn't stupid

Comment

More and more so called basers are hanging around pub because ?go base is getting stale.
      There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

someone should write a levi hunting for noobs post.
        Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
        apt>yes u can wtf
        apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
        apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
        apt>so i dont miss the toilet
        Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
        apt>na
        apt>ill show you pictures
        apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Fly around and chase the LT, gg.

Comment

there are much better and more creative ways. why dont for this guide u just say "fly around and shoot people"? GOOD GOING/GAME.
            apt>yes u can wtf
            apt>na

Comment

How to kill a levi terr in under 1 minute.

Step 1: Switch to wb
              Step 2: radar shoot it, use a rock shot if possible

99% of levterrs are played by morons and are easy to kill in a wb as long as you can aim. They don't want to warp until the very last possible moment, so if you just shoot them before they are expecting you to shoot or do it really quickly with a rock shot they almost always die.

Comment

Or cloak it for twice the fun.
                "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

i like to be a terr and put a portal in a side tube and wait till they come up it and then warp right in front of them and burst. its pretty entertaining, i must say. then i like to do the antiwarp thing until i run out of points... thats difficult though. i could just go radar shoot the thing but really im not a great radar shot with a warbird and its not quite as amusing.
                  apt>yes u can wtf
                  apt>na

Comment

gimme a couple hours. I'll write the definitive guide.

Comment

NINJA-ED

Comment

sigh, this guy's out of date. don't listen to him. ?go base and watch a few games first. type !help to the bot and remember the commands.

-RR

Comment

I still don't understand why ppl write noob-guidance threads on this forum. Noobs don't read this, and we who do know alot more than you say.

looking forward to wadis guide though
                          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                          5: Da1andonly> =((
                          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitRapist
                            sigh, this guy's out of date. don't listen to him. ?go base and watch a few games first. type !help to the bot and remember the commands.

-RR
                            Watching games is definitely a good way to learn. If by "out of date" you mean stuff you learned years ago, then fine, this is meant for new players. The main reason I wrote this is seeing people not doing the basic things (and my team get crushed because of it). Spiders should not be doing their own thing when there is a jav rocketting at the terrier, and then saying, stupid terr learn how to stay alive. Or trying to get in the flag room by sitting back and firing bullets at the entrance and waiting for someone to magically get in.

Comment

YEEEEEEAAAAAH EVEN MORE NEWBS IN ?GO BASE
                              WIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

ps: just same ganja ZeUs!!
                              some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                              1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                              1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

Working...
                              X